TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

TSM Poster Tournament 2007

Guest Vitamin X

So apparently I've been chosen to create the topic, and here it is. It's March, so it's that time of year for the tournament.

One sidenote: It's weird to say there's even a poster tournament every year, as if TSM is so ingrained into all our lives that we make an annual habit of something, and this is probably the 4th one or so, isn't it? Christ. We need lives. So our annual March Madness tournament begins!

I'm going to start it off by nominating some off the top of my head, maybe about half the field (you guys do the rest), and then seeding the posters in some way I haven't decided yet. Maybe by amount of posts in the year, maybe by how I would rank everyone, I don't know. Everyone's fair game except banned posters and dupes/gimmick accounts, as usual.

NOMINEES:

Queen Leelee (Princess Leena)

Slayer

Banky Edwards/Oedipus Rex (The Czech Republic)

Incandenza

Tzar Lysergic (Agent of Oblivion)

Sex Machine Gun (Kotzenjunge)

Edwin MacPhisto

alfdogg

MrRant

Lord of the Curry

dr. rosenpenis (Banky)

Kingofthe909

FFMS (FrigidSoul/Failed Mascot)

Mole

k thx (chave)

Vitamin X

snuffbox

alkeiper

Mik

bigolsmitty

Bobby Peru (Special K)

Porter

CanadianGuitarist

Ripper

Ravenbomb

EricMM

Matt Young

Black Lushus

bob_barron

Spaceman Spiff

The Man In Blak

CanadianChris

admin (aka Mike the admin/adminbot)

Invader3k

treble_charged

AndrewTS

Scroby

Imarkout4ElDandy

Sensei John Kreese

NoCalMike

Hawk 34

UseTheSledgeHammerUh

redbaron51

Youth N Asia

BX

CWMwasmurdered (CobainWasMurdered)

Cartman

kkktookmybabyaway

Smues

Muggy Bogues

Carnival (fka Carnivalizcoming)

KOAB (King of All Blacks)

gary floyd (fka lovecraft321 or something like that)

Superstar

Marvinisalunatic

Hawk52

Vampiro69

DrVenkman (fka Stephen Gray, the guy who used to write good articles on wrestling back in the day)

razazteca

Hunter's Torn Quad

The Max

Captain of Outer Space

NYU

justsoyouknow (aka JSYK and supposedly Modern Man's Hustle)

And the field is set!

Bracketing will also be done as follows: I've decided to go along with 4 brackets of 16, as I mentioned, but each bracket of 16 will consist of one particular group of posters. The four groups of posters I'm thinking of here would be something like Sports folder, Old-Timers/Veterans, Rookies/Newcomers, and Music/otherwise elitist snobs. Obviously we have some posters here who might fit more than one criteria (or three, actually) so I'm just putting them in the bracket I think of them the most as, and anyone left over will go into the Vets or Rookies bracket.

Qualifications for the Vets would be people who are fairly well established at TSM, and have some sort of history/character/something they've done in the past that everyone can think of. Some sense of identity, in other words. There are a number of people who, even though they might have been here a while and posting actively, might not have made a real single memorable post until just recently (or at least, well enough to even get nominated or have the gall to nominate themselves here. So it's not really Rookies/Newcomers so much as, I don't know.. The mediocre? The mid-majors?

I'll then seed each bracket by how much each poster fits each particular bracket, which is obviously at my discretion since I'm organizing the damn thing this year. Now go.

Edited by Vitamin X

How the fuck did I get in? I don't contribute anything of note here.

*sets pins up*

Edit: Although I haven't seen him much outside of the hockey thread (pardon me if this is just ignorance), StarOcean's once a month hockey "previews" don't count as things of note either. I demand a higher seed.

Also, is it 1-64, 2-63, etc. style, or are there brackets of 16? An all-hockey or all-sports folder one could get interesting, especially this close to the hockey playoffs starting.

Guest Queen Leelee

Hey, I was going to do this yesterday but forgot. I wish I wasn't so fucking lazy.

This is the first time I've been nominated for this tournament. Can this Cinderella story make it all the way?

Do you believe in unlikelihoods?

Guest Queen Leelee

Let's fast-forward to the final 8 that consist of Clique A vs. Clique B members.

Guest Banky Edwards

Nooooo no no no no. Not that again. That crappy bloc-voting almost made a champion out of Carnival. If SJK's nomination doesn't count, I nominate him. I think he can win this thing.

Guest Banky Edwards

I'd just like to announce that for the tournament, I will be wearing a spandex bodysuit with capri pants over it.

I'll second Hawk, Scroby, Invader and CanadianChris.

And I think a first-round grudge match of Scroby vs UTSU might be in order, if possible. Indeed, I too would like to know how the brackets work.

As a longtime member and original member of WDI, I demand to be a part of this.