Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

WHO IS THE MASTER OF SIDE DISHES???

Eat   

57 members have voted

1. 1. There can be only one

• GARLIC BREAD
    • FRENCH FRIES

Had to go with Fries. Since I don't think I've voted for Garlic Bread... like once.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I chose garlic bread. The crunch, the tangy buttery goodness. Oh yes.

Me and you are the only ones so far. Fries just aren't that special to me, although I love fish and chips. I could live on a diet of exclusive garlic bread and I probably still wouldn't tire of its taste.

Of course, from a nutritional standpoint that would be awful for me, since I can never eat the fucking crusts. That isn't exclusive to garlic bread though, it would also apply to regular bread, toast and pizza.

Garlic bread. Its oversized American cousin, Texas toast, is an important part of my life.

Texas Toast is so much better; it's the HDTV of grains - how can one go back?

Guest Vitamin X

*dun dun* FRENCH-FRIES! *dun dun* FRENCH-FRIES!

Had some spectacular sweet potato fries today with a couple fried pieces of halibut and a hefeweizen (Widmer today). Awesome for the 97 degree heat we had today.

Garlic Bread. I helped it get this far and I'll be goddamned if some shitty potato pieces are going to out-do a favorite of mine. I made some the other night when the girlfriend and I grilled up some steaks. Butter, fresh garlic, a little bit of cheese and some parsley. I almost forgot I had a steak.

Garlic Bread > *.

DID YOU KNOW: In 2005, North Carolina Representative Walter B. Jones, who championed the Freedom Fries movement, came to believe that the Iraq war had been started without justification and expressed regret about his part in this French fried fiasco. In 2007, he made several public appearances without a flag pin on his lapel. In 2008, he defected to al-Qaeda.

I am gonna go with Garlic bread because I really haven't had any brand of Garlic bread I haven't liked, while French fries can be downright gross if you get them from the wrong place.

On a sidenote: I love me some sweet potato fries, the bbq place by my house makes some to die for.

FREEDOM FRIES

I hated that so much because the word french in this instance doesn't have a damn thing to do with France. Its a culinary term meaning "cut lengthwise"

I had no idea it was a culinary term. I just thought it was stupid.

FREEDOM FRIES

I hated that so much because the word french in this instance doesn't have a damn thing to do with France. Its a culinary term meaning "cut lengthwise"

I had no idea it was a culinary term. I just thought it was stupid.

Go look for French Cut Green Beans. Then it all comes to fruition.