TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

TSM Poster Tournament 2008: The Round of 32

Looks like we're off to another memorable start in the game that brings us all together, tears us all apart, then brings us back together again, only to be torn apart a second time before things go back to normal and we just go back to posting scat pictures in bad threads.

It looks like the nomination free-for-all seeding system worked, because the people who were in high demand got their 1s and 2s and breezed through the first round at the expense of 15s and 16s that only one person thought should be in this. Not a lot of upsets at all, except a reliable old 12-over-5 and a 14-over-3 that kind of surprised me. So it appears to be a good system. The next person to run this thing in 2009 can consider using it, since I'm sure as spit never following through with this again, by cracky.

We have some tough matches here, as well we should, now that we're in the second round and all. Here are the results of the first round:

INDIANA BASIN SILT

#1 Milky d. #16 RedJed, 51-3

#8 Man in Blak d. #9 luke-o, 39-15

#4 Ripper d. #13 Ginger Snaps, 39-13-2

#5 Agent d. #12 bigolsmitty, 36-16-2

#2 Venkman d. #14 Cartman, 48-6

#7 CanadianGuitarist d. #10 Nightwing, 39-15

#3 Matt Young d. #14 Cena's Writer, 28-26

#6 KKK d. #11 CWM, 31-23

HELP, I'M A ROCK

#1 King Kamala Classic d. #16 Carlito Brigante, 38-16

#8 NYU d. #9 CanadianChris, 28-26

#4 Kingofthe909 d. #13 Sideburnious, 39-14-1

#5 KOAB d. #12 Mr. Rant, 29-25

#2 Slayer d. #15 JN News, 43-11

#10 Carnival d. #7 Socksquatch, 33-21

#14 Mole d. #3 Cyber Mark, 29-25

#6 Treble d. #11 Jingus, 35-19

CULTURE BEAT

#1 Czech d. #16 Timmy Numbers, 52-2

#8 Alfdogg d. #9 Devo, 50-4

#4 Kinetic d. #13 KingPK, 40-13-1

#12 snuffbox d. #5 pbone, 33-20-1

#2 VX d. #15 Franchise, 47-7

#7 gary floyd d. #10 Youth n Asia, 29-25

#3 EHME's El Dandy d. #14 Porter, 43-11

#6 Bob Barron d. #11 Cowboy Numbers, 36-18

POWDERFINGER

#1 Black Lushus d. #16 TaigaStar, 52-2

#8 Kreese d. #9 Bored, 38-16

#4 Incandenza d. #13 Spaceman Spliff, 30-24

#5 Edwin d. #12 Byron the Bulb, 40-14

#2 alkeiper d. #15 chave, 39-15

#7 Cheech d. #10 AndrewTS, 28-26

#3 Smues d. #14 DoCock, 46-8

#6 Scroby d. #11 Marvin, 30-24

Updated brackets for round 2:

green2.jpg

blue2.jpg

pink2.jpg

yellow2.jpg

On we go!

Milky

Agent - both are cool, Agent voted for me.

Canadian Guitarist

KKK

NYU

KOAB - cool guys, KOAB had my back.

Slayer

treble

alfdogg: I heeded the words of Kotz. Matt is the ultimate underdog, even at a 3 seed. You support these types.

Abstain

Vitamin X

El Dandy

Black Lushus

MacPhisto

Cheech - both are cool, cheech voted for me.

Smues

See, now I have to disallow that in its current form. Go back and edit that when you've cooled off a little so I can count it.

INDIANA BASIN SILT

1. I'll go with Milky again. Nothing against Man in Blak, because although he's great, he just doesn't post enough.

4. I'm getting along better with Ripper recently, so I guess it's fair to put him through.

2. Venkman put over my blog. HE PUT OVER MY BLOG. While I like CG, he has not done this.

6. KKK. Same explanation as the last vote featuring his opponent, really.

HELP, I'M A ROCK

8. I've gotta go for NYU here. Just to show him that he hasn't been forsaken.

4. Myself.

2. Slayer gets the vote, but more than anything else, it's because Carnival consistently underrates USC in his blog. I don't like reading that. But hey, I voted for him last round, so he's got my support.

6. Not a particularly tough vote, as Mole talks about HD sometimes, and I don't see any use for it at all.

CULTURE BEAT

1. Czech gets the vote, because Alf laughed at the Lakers not holding the Bucks to 100.

12. I'll vote for snuffbox again, based on the same criteria as the last. Plus, he'll probably vote for me. And Kinetic likes the Spurs. THE SPURS.

2. VX gets the vote, based on being a Laker fan in the past. I don't forsake those who are.

Abstain. I can't decide between EHME's Torn Condom and bob barron. They're both equally good.

POWDERFINGER

1. BL gets the vote again. I stay loyal to blog readers.

5. I like Edwin. Another tough decision.

2. Look at #1. It's easy to pick Al, on those grounds, although I think Cheech is a good poster in his own right. Unlucky draw, here.

3. Look at #1. I would've voted for Smues anyway.

Since I don't hate anyone left, nothing personal.

Woo, 4th highest win margin. CG mentioned in Round 1 he thought he'd get slaughtered here, but I think it's going to be very close.

IBS:

Man in Blak - Could go either way, but just trying to shake things up in my bracket.

Agent - I have no specific reasoning for this, but he did vote for me in round 1.

Me, obviously.

Matt Young - nothing against either one, but there's a high percentage of sports guys voting in this and, well, I think I'd have an easier time against Matt if there's a round 3 in my future.

Rock:

NYU - Ok, this is tough, but I felt like a slighted NYU in the last round. I really wanted to back KKC in every round but NYU is one of the reasons I made it as far as I did in 2007.

King - As I mentioned previously, I like King's blog and style lately. Not so keen on saving America, KOAB.

Slayer - thanks for the vote, Carn (and no, I don't hate you), but this round is Slayer's.

Treble - Office Glen? Yeah, he died.

Culture:

Czech - For putting up with the headache of running this crazy thing.

Snuffbox - He overcame the odds. Can he do it again? Probably not, but here's one vote for him.

VX - Could have voted either way, went with X.

EHME TC - Another close call, but I'm backing IMO4ED all the way.

Powderfinger:

Black Lushus - A tough call, but BL's Gina sig holds weight in my voting process.

Inc - Why not?

Cheech - I don't want to end up on Al's enemy list but Cheech is deserving of my vote.

Smues - Another tough call, but I'll have to go with Smues on this one.

Wow, the way the seeding worked out made round 2 a much tougher vote. Good work, Czech.

I'm pretty much fucked in this round, but I knew I would be if I got past CW. Anyway, my votes:

Milky- Probably the best choice to win.

Ripper- Tough choice, but Rip entertains me.

Canadian Guitarist- I like both guys a lot, but I'll copy Venk's strategy because I know that if I meet up with him, I'll likely lose the votes of the posters of the gaming forum. Also, CG voted for me. :-P

Matt Young- It's me.

Kamala- I just like the guy.

King- Tough choice, but Kingy gets the nod. Go SoCal!

Carnival- Ethan's my nigga.

Mole- I really know very little about treble, although he seems to be a fine poster. Mole didn't get my vote last round because he was against a friend of mine.

Czech- Again, I don't know much about alfdogg, although I have no idea why some don't like him.

Snuffbox- Again, although I know who Kinetic is, I don't know as much about him as fellow GB fan snuffbox.

Vitamin X- I'm actually starting to like Gary Floyd, but Leo is one guy I like more than most here.

El Dandy- Because he hates Carlito.

Black Lushus- One of my favorite guys on the board. Nothing personal, Kreese. I like ya.

Incandenza- I may not like the guy, but (aside from his obnoxiousness in the music folder) he usually delivers.

Al Keiper- The most knowledgeable sports poster we have, by far.

Scroby- TSM's senior referee (sorry Trudel!) and a guy I just plain like a lot.

Indiana Basin Silt Region

Milky

Ripper (A real tough one)

Venkman

Matt Young (Underdog of the year? Maybe...)

Help, I'm a Rock Region

Kamala

King

Slayer

Treble

Culture Beat Region

Czech

Snuffbox

Gary Floyd (I came to wreck everything, and ruin your life. God sent me.)

El Dandy

Powderfinger Region

Lushus

Edwin

Cheech

Smues

Well, I have a feeling I'm fucked...umm VOTE FOR ME!!!.......I have cookies and I've worked with the Great Muta, that's gotta be worth something right?

MiB

Agent (two tough ones right off the bat.)

Venkman

KKK

NYU

KOAB (revenge vote, ftw)

Slayer

Treble

Alfdogg: Czech's a fag

Kinetic

VX (another tough one. gary's really gotten better.)

Dandy

Lushus

Edwin

Cheech

Smues

Well, I have a feeling I'm fucked...umm VOTE FOR ME!!!.......I have cookies and I've worked with the Great Muta, that's gotta be worth something right?

Maybe you should vote for you.

Also, KOAB, I had no idea where in California you were from. If you voted for me, I might be persuaded to do the same for you... ;)

Indiana Basin Slit Region

Milky

Ripper

Dr. Venkman

Matt Young (Fuck that was hard)

Rock Region

NYU

KOAB

Carnival

Mole

Culture Beat Region

Alfdogg

Snuffbox

Gary Floyd

El Dandy

Powderfinger Region

Black Lushus

Incandenza

Al Keiper

Scroby

Wow, Lushus is pitching a shutout.

But you can change that!

You got an unfortunate matchup against one of the seemingly unstoppable juggernauts of the tournament. Against quite a few of the others, you'd likely win. Few can stop the Lush.

How the hell did I end up matched up against Al? I'm only the alternate to his maven.

It'd be like voting Coverdale-Page over Led Zeppelin in a Best Bands tournament. Well, except for the fact that Coverdale-Page would never be in a best anything.

Milky

Ripper

Dr. Venkman

Matt Young

K Kamala C

King

Slayer

Mole

Czech

Kinetic

Vitamin X

El Dandy

Black Lushus

E. MacPhisto

Cheech (Sorry, the Pimp Daddy Al name = Loss)

Scroby

Guest dannymaffwasmurdered

Milky

Agent

Venkman

KKK: Matt Young is awful

NYU

King

Slayer

Treble: Mole makes me sad

Alf: this is a close one, but alf didn't kill any of my fav gimmicks, plus I owe him for all the mocking

Kinetic

VX

Dandy

Kreese: he seems alright

Edwin

AL

Smues: he chats sometimes, and isn't named Scroty.

Milky- I agonized over this one, I really did. Ultimately, I had to give Milky the nod for improbably becoming a queer icon (of sorts) on a board full of raging homophobes.

Agent- The only guy ballsy enough to call me on my embarassing lisp.

Venkman- I somehow only recently discovered the joys of the good Doctor's posts, but I've since made a point of seeking out his daily remedy. And not in a sexual way or anything.

KKK- Matt Young is dreadful.

King Kamala Classic- A credit to determination. He's a white-hot young prospect.

King- I mistakenly neglected to vote for King in the first round. I shan't be making that mistake again, tut tut.

Slayer- His aversion to punctuation is an inspiration to us all. Plus, he's funny.

Treble- A national treasure, although it should be pointed out that that nation is Canada.

Czech- He's all things to all people. Men want to be him, women want to be with him.

Kinetic- I have a high opinion of myself.

Vitamin X- My TSM Secret Santa. That paperweight is working out really well, bro.

El Dandy- I don't care for Bob Barron.

Kreese- Just for being him.

Edwin- I agonized over this one, too. Edwin has the slight advantage by virtue of his involvement in the sports folder.

Cheech- I admire both of these posters. I flipped a coin.

Smues- Another coin flip.

Guest Smues

Man in Blak - Milky will win anyway, MIB deserves some votes

Agent - Tough call, so I went with Agent because Ripper lives in Atlanta and cheers for the home teams but not the Braves.

Dr. Venkman - Another tough call, but I decided to call ghostbusters

KKK - Without him I'd have never learned about mumia. Or never often misread his title as "Fry Mumra" which ALWAYS makes me laugh.

K Kamala C - Where's Kim Chee?

King - A battle of Kings? Shouldn't that be saved for the final round? Anyway I went with the king that reviews old wrestling shows from 24/7

Slayer - Because that billboard "God listens TO SLAYER" makes me think that it means god listens to this slayer, not the band

Treble - I'm on a mission!

Alfdogg - Alf rules, and like my MIB vote, Czech likely wins in a landslide so I figure Alf could use some votes

Kinetic - His avatar no longer scares me

Vitamin X - Tough call, especially with his love of teams I hate. And P-town is full of dirty hippies, but it is in the northwest so he gets points for that.

El Dandy - Toughest match for me to pick. Dandy almost loses my vote by trying to get it with "Thanks for continuing to be awesome, Smues. I don't care what (Bob Barron or Cowboy13012) says about you...all the time...in harsh tones." but I it being the baseball offseason and all I haven't seen a lot of bob lately. If the Braves were playing now though Bob would get the vote.

S. J. Kreese - Tough call, flipped a coin

E. MacPhisto - Ditto

Al Keiper - Smacks down bitches with his internet penis

Smues - Scroby is awesome, but Smues owns all of Shaq's albums!

Milky - Although MiB does deserve some votes, assuming I'll win is a dangerous game, so I won't risk it. MiB is awesome, but he's just not here enough, is his flaw. Plus he's not a queer icon.

Agent - Sort of hard, but not as hard as I thought. I like Ripper plenty, but Agent and I have a sheer volume of history I share with only a few posters here. Plus if we square off next round, I get to be his bitch.

Venkman - He hasn't been talked up for long, but I've noticed his quality for some time. Both of these guys are the quiet sort of good.

KKK - What can I say about Matt Young? I don't think his feeling will be hurt that I didn't vote for him. He knows I like him. I think the follow up round will be more interesting with KKK in it (and he's pretty cool too).

KKC - One of my new/old favorites. Sorry NYU, I was just joshing you about that begging thread.

KOAB - This one was very hard. Both guys have made me laugh a lot. KOAB annoys me sometimes. But King was funnier when he insulted everyone. Nothing against King, but KOAB breaking into his old high school to reminisce and trashing the place was a story that had me in hysterics.

Slayer - Carnival is cool, but Slayer can be a hard guy to top.

Mole - treble I haven't conversed with in ages, though I remember some funny times. Mole still busts me up.

Czech - Alf I just don't know that well, though he seems cool. Czech I know relatively well, so...

Kinetic - One of the pioneers, and has made a magnificent comeback. Almost as good as mine, even.

VX - Floyd's kind of like a little brother. But VX I've known longer, and have had more in depth conversations with.

Dandy - This is all pretty recent earnings. barron is more of a lifetime achievement award.

Kreese - Strange as it may be, I really never get disappointed by a Kreese post. Not that Lushus posts disappoint me. There's just less of them.

Inc - Yikes, that was a hard one. Well, I once called Inc and he answered with "Age/Sex/Location?" Good a reason as any.

Cheech - Just don't know Al as well. He must post about sports a lot.

Scroby - Well, smues voted against me, but this isn't a revenge vote, I don't swing that way. It's just Scroby has made some interesting threads in LSD lately.

Milky - The dude could write a personal bible, it would probably be more interesting than the King James one I had to read as a kid as well. Just a total encyclopedia of knowledge that actually matters.

Agent - He seems to have two modes: making candid, informative, intelligent posts in the music folder, and declaring his hatred for various different people. How can you dislike that?

Venkman - I just realised that he's not called "Venkham" and now feel that I owe him a vote.

Matt Young - Young's my bro. KKK speaks ill of the hippies, and is therefore no friend of mine.

King Kamala Classic - NYU strikes me as a good poster, but I just know Kamala better. If he does go with my suggested name of "xkamalagonnahitemup", then I will add him to my TSM top 8.

KOAB - His posts do strike me as funny on a fairly regular basis. That's more than I can say for King, what a cunt.

Slayer - Always a source of unlimited wit, this man is even above full stops. Carnival hasn't been on for ages, and I'm starting to forget what he was all about.

Treble - Mole's a tard. Also, in the few Maff chats I attended, Treble's minimalistic style of Maffing was very effective.

Czech - No matter what section he's posting in, Czech can always be counted on to bring the content. Dude possesses an awesome sense of humour, and has turned me onto more music that I didn't previously listen to than virtually anybody I know in real life.

Kinetic - He has this profound ability to rub off on other posters and make them awesome. I just think of Snuffbox as that guy who fails at elitism.

Vitamin X - I like Gary Floyd, but Vitamin X is a much needed voice of reason amongst the chubby chasing masses of LSD.

EHME's Torn Condom - One of my favourite posters here, much like Czech, he possesses an awesome sense of humour. I enjoy talking to him on the chat room and AIM and so on, and get the idea that he's going to live until he's 100 years old. I just think of Bob as "that dude who looks ill with cancer".

Sensei John Kresse - A very consistent poster, albeit one I haven't had much interaction with.

Incandenza - Against virtually anybody else Edwin would have gotten the nod. I like both of their writing styles quite a bit, but Incandenza has just contributed to more threads I've enjoyed than Edwin has. Hopefully he will win this bracket.

Cheech Tremendous - "100 reasons the WWE folder sucks dick" was genius. I don't really know Alkeiper that well. Cheech is a poster to watch.

Smues - For reluctantly changing my username to Cyber Mark Madden once. Despite that being a wrestling related username, wrestling is pathetic. Scroby is involved in the wrestling business, so no.