TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - September 2007

September 2007: Flight 24/7: Destination Worldwide

Grab your passport and hop on board as “Flight 24/7: Destination Worldwide” takes around the world to explore great international events and Superstars.

Legends

WWE Hall of Fame: The Iron Sheik – Nobody has ever riled up the fans like the Iron Sheik. Gene Okerlund looks back at the Iranian’s career, starting with the Sheik’s early days in the AWA to his legendary, heated battles with Bob Backlund and Sgt. Slaughter and tag team triumphs with Nikolai Volkoff. Plus, watch the Iron Sheik steal the show at his outrageous 2005 Hall of Fame Induction.

Spectacular Legacy of the AWA – One of wrestling’s great promotions, the American Wrestling Association (AWA) thrilled fans for decades and launched the careers of some of sports entertainment’s biggest stars, including Verne Gagne, Hulk Hogan, the Iron Sheik, Jesse “the Body” Ventura, the Road Warriors and Shawn Michaels. The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA traces the history of the organization, from its glory days during the ‘60s and ‘70s to its demise at the hands of the WWE.

The Big Ones

WWE European Rampage ’91 – WWE Superstars head across the pond to London’s Royal Albert Hall for an incredible event. A huge Battle Royal features Roddy Piper, the British Bulldog and the Road Warriors. Hacksaw Jim Duggan faces The Undertaker. Tito Santana battles Ric Flair. Shawn Michaels leads the Rockers against the Nasty Boys and much more.

WCW Collision in Korea – A truly unique experience as top stars from WCW head to communist North Korea in 1995 for an incredible show. All-time greats face off when “Nature Boy” Ric Flair battles Antonio Inoki. Plus, a look at the spectacular festivities surrounding this event.

TV Classics

The Monday Night War – Two (2) new episodes as the battle for Monday Night dominance continues between WWE and WCW. On Nitro, the nWo strengthens its ranks with a controversial new member. On Raw, Superstars jockey for position with WrestleMania XIII on the horizon. Sycho Sid and Bret “The Hitman” Hart square off in a Steel Cage with the WWE Championship on the line.

World Class Championship Wrestling – As the calendar turns to 1983, the rivalry between the Fabulous Freebirds and the Von Erich family ignites WCCW. See the explosive outcome when Ric Flair battles Kerry Von Erich for the NWA World Title and hear the stories as Michael Hayes and Kevin Von Erich bring you the action.

Shorties

William Regal is your tour guide as “Flight 24/7” brings you classic action featuring some of the top international Superstars. Those featured include Andre the Giant (France), Carlos Colon (Puerto Rico), Mil Mascaras (Mexico), the Dynamite Kid (England), Jushin “Thunder” Liger (Japan), The Sheepherders (New Zealand) and others.

New Stuff this week:

* ECW 12/24/95

* Prime Time Wrestling 7/6/87

* Spectacular Legacy of the AWA

* WCW Collision in Korea

* WWE Global Warfare '93

* WWE One Night Stand 2007

* WWE Maple Leaf Gardens 9/22/85

* Iron Sheik retrospective, along with matches at Wrestlemania and versus Pedro Morales

* Shorties featuring Andre the Giant, Carlos Colon, Mil Mascaras, the Sheepherders, and Regal vs. Bruiser

* Various previews

Next week is the World Class episode featuring the Kerry Von Erich/Ric Flair cage match.

I can't wait for the Sid/Hart cage match that has Hart going on a rampage directed at Vince McMahon after the match. Talk about some foreshadowing...

We'll also be getting Dennis Rodman on the Monday Night Wars to set up his appearence at Uncensored... joy.

Mod note: snipped the quotes, since it's the entire post above it's not really necessary.

somethin i wonder with ONS 2007, considering Benoit was a lumberjack in the Kane vs Mark Henry match, would they edit that out or not, i actually like this month's line up

i assume next month will probably have a couple Halloween Havoc's (hopefully something different besides the one with Sting/Jake Roberts, i never did see the Chamber of Horrors one)

Ever noticed the old bearded man dressed in all red with a cap who's always sitting in the front rows in the Sportatorium and goes absolutely BALLISTIC when a heel cheats ? He always gets up, points to the heel and yells "HEY ! HEEEEEEY !" at the top of his lungs ?

I, for one, can't wait for World Class to show up this month.

Beaten by al. None the less I'm still going to post the week by week schedule. Just a reminder that if your cable company offers 24/7, it's supposed to be available for a free trial period (conditions may apply?)

Week 1 - August 29th - September 4th:

Previews:

24/7 September Preview

AWA Preview

Collision in Korea Preview

Maple Leaf Gardens Preview

Legends:

Iron Sheik Hall of Fame piece (which should include his awesome speech).

Iron Sheik at WrestleMania

Iron Sheik vs Pedro Morales

Global Warfare 93 (Coliseum Video featuring Money Inc. vs The Steiners)

Spectacular Legacy of the AWA

TV Classics:

ECW - December 24, 1995.

Prime Time Wrestling - July 6, 1987

Big Ones:

WCW Collision in Korea (headlined by Ric Flair vs Antonio Inoki)

WWE One Night Stand 2007 (most likely not available on Cogeco, as per usual with the recent shows)

Maple Leaf Gardens show - September 22, 1985 (featuring Tito Santana vs Jesse Ventura for the IC title).

Shorties:

Andre the Giant match (guess: vs Warrior from France)

Carlos Colon match

Mil Mascaras match (guess: vs. Morales from MSG)

Sheepherders match

Steve Regal vs Belfast Bruiser

Week 2 - September 5th - September 11th:

TV Classics:

TNT - January 17, 1986

NWA Wrestling - November 30, 1985 (Starrcade fallout)

World Class - January 8, 1983 (Flair vs Kerry Von Erich)

Monday Night Wars - March 10, 1997 (Raw becomes "Raw is War" with Undertaker and Sid vs Vader and Mankind while Nitro features 8 man action as Lex Luger, The Giant, and The Steiners take on Greg Valentine, Roadblock, and the Amazing French Canadians).

Week 3 - September 12th - September 18th:

Legends:

Iron Sheik vs. Tito Santana

Iron Sheik vs. British Bulldogs

Best of Bret Hart (I cannot find any listings for this tape)

TV Classics:

History of ECW - December 31, 1995

Prime Time Wrestling - July 13, 1987

Big Ones:

WWE Vengeance 2007

WWE European Rampage 91 (2 parts - features a Battle Royal)

Copps Coliseum (Hamilton) House Show - May 1, 1989 (featuring a 16 man Battle Royal and Rick Rude vs Ultimate Warrior)

Shorties:

Antonio Inoki

Antonio Rocca

Billy Robinson

Dynamite Kid

Jushin Liger

Week 4 - September 13th - September 25th:

TV Classics:

TNT - January 24, 1986

NWA Wrestling - December 7, 1985

CWF - March 31, 1982

Monday Night War - March 17, 1997 (Raw features the infamous Bret Hart vs. Sid cage match while Nitro features Lex Luger and The Giant vs. Knuckles Nelson and T. Rantula (aren't those awesome names?) and Harlem Heat vs The Steiners.

The Collision in Korea show should be interesting only for the fact that it was done in North Korea and pretty much everyone in the stadium (It was an insanely huge crowd) was chanting on cue. (If you've ever seen footage of a big spectacle event in North Korea, you know what I'm talking about).

The Maple Leaf Gardens show sounds very boring. The match I listed was the most interesting thing listed and I'm sure that's not very good.

Looking forward to the 89 Copps show, though.

When I looked at the match listings for that show, a Steamboat/Muraco match was listed as main event and their matches were usually always pretty good. The rest of that card sounds like ass though.

Best of Bret Hart (I cannot find any listings for this tape)

Bret Hitman Hart (WF140)

09/29/93 Bret Hart vs. Jerry Lawler

01/12/94 Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels

1990s Bret Hart career highlights

02/01/94 Bret Hart vs. Irwin R. Schyster

08/31/93 Bret Hart vs. Adam Bomb

04/11/94 Bret Hart vs. Kwang

06/13/93 Bret Hart highlights from winning King of the Ring

12/01/93 Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (steel cage match)

03/20/94 Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna (referee Roddy Piper) (Hart wins WWF World Title)

I hope that's the one.

That is it, I have it, but a lot of the matches are clipped. Specifically the last few matches are the ones I remember being clipped.

Yay, this month has some really good stuff in the TV show area. WCCW should be awesome with Flair vs. Kerry at long last. And we finally get Raw is War.

The Big Ones sound a bit weaker than usual. Next month let's get some Halloween Havoc shows. I have never seen Havoc 93 before.

Guest flairfan

this month is not near as stong as last month...However, there is a few good things..

At least I got all my updates for the week of 8/29 last night right at 12:01 midnight.

I watched Carlos vs Butcher last night, not as bad as I would have thought. Seemed kinda decent for a punch kick clothesline elbow drop affair, actually.

Of course, the reason I watched that and not something else is because it's the only damned update I got. Hopefully things are different when I get home.

i was watchin the WCW Collision in Korea show, i could have sworn the Japaneese guy on commentary with Tenay and Bischoff was Sonny Ono

i was watchin the WCW Collision in Korea show, i could have sworn the Japaneese guy on commentary with Tenay and Bischoff was Sonny Ono

He is.

i thought it was, was he going by his real name on that show, hopefully next month we can get some different Halloween related stuff

Just had time to watch the Regal vs Finlay shorty....wow, they ever stiffing each other like there was no tomorrow.

It's really lame that they would edit out "Thorn in your heart" for Raw is War. I swear the dub music they used for the Raw before Summerslam is a menu music from one of the Smackdown videogames.

you mean thorn in your eye? they're dubbing it out? how do you know?

I assume it's based on the 7/29/97 Raw from August. The opening theme and the theme for in between segments (no lyrics) are both dubbed.

Mark Henry/Kane is gone from One Night Stand.

i kinda had a feeling it would be, wasnt that good of a match, but Jesus H Christ they need to quit doing this, it annoys the piss out of me that i pay 9 bucks a month, and damn it i want my money's worth

you mean thorn in your eye? they're dubbing it out? how do you know?

Aside from the mention July 97 Raw, I also caught the song removal when they showed the 97 Christmas Raw last December.

I wonder if they realize that removing anything even remotely Benoit related might actually draw more attention to these shows than if he was just left in. What, are people suddenly going to start worshipping Satan and killing each other because they saw Benoit as a lumberjack in a crappy Kane and Mark Henry match?

I happened to notice at one of the Super Wal-Marts here, fully intact WM23 DVDs are still on sale. Interesting considering this is the same chain that doesn't sell music with explicit lyrics.

True story: If al hadn't made this first, my thread sub-title was going to be "The thread Black Lushus is too cool for" or something like that.

I'm sloooowly getting my updated. My Shorties expanded this morning to add Andre (boy was my guess for the match they would show way off), Mascaras, and Regal vs Finlay but still nothing else. I trust it will be all there (except One Night Stand) when I get home.

The funny thing about Henry vs Kane is the match didn't make any sense anyway - they have Henry beat Kane (with a bearhug I think, I didn't see the show so I'm going off of result memory) then do absolutely nothing of note on PPV since while beating jobbers on TV. Meanwhile Kane challenges for the world title.

I called 1-888-My WWE 247 to complain about my lack of updates but it was just a recording. Anyway, the September Preview video indicates that Dynamite Kid's match is from Stampede.

Seeing Finlay with a mullet, mustache, and leather jacket with half of a football shoulder pad was priceless.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries

My Name Is Finlay, And I Love To Cut My American Football Shoulder Pads In Half.