TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

Slaughter's Iraqi Sympathizer persona

Guest JMA

For the life of me, I can't remember which show Slaughter turned into an Iraqi Sympathizer on. Does anyone else remember? What exactly did he say or do to get the point across?

It started with taped vignettes, I believe, following his return from the AWA. The earliest time I can actually remember him appearing in person was on the Brother Love Show at Summerslam 1990.

His heel turn was basically a vignette where he said he supported Iraq and that Nikolai Volkoff was not to be trusted.

Sadly, the second half of that would have gotten face heat from anybody who actually followed WWF the five years previously.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Didn't Slaughter completely dominate the Volkoff feud?

The only times I saw them fight were SSeries 90 & I THINK the Main Event special (coulda been SNME) where Slaughter just killed him both times.

Guest JMA

They really could've did more with the feud. I mean, come, you had a pro-USA Russian and an anti-USA American. Hell, Volkoff could've brought in old partner the Iron Sheik to battle both Slaughter and Adnan Al-Kaisse (a legit Iraqi). Instead, they made the Iron Sheik an Iraqi (...).