TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

WWE House Show Results from Osaka, Japan 2-6-04 (B

Guest wildpegasus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE House Show Results from Osaka, Japan 2-6-04 (Benoit vs. HHH)

Submitted by Tom Guzik on Friday, February 6, 2004 at 9:57 AM EST

World Wrestling Entertainment's Raw brand ran 2/6 in Osaka, Japan at the Jo Hall. Complete results of the show, which ended about 30 minutes ago, saw:

*Stacy Keibler came out to welcome the crowd to the show.

*In a mixed tag match, WWE Ladies champion Molly Holly and Matt Hardy defeated Rico and Lita.

*Kane pinned The Hurricane with a chokeslam.

*WWE World Tag Team champions Ric Flair and Batista defeated The Dudley Boyz. The Dudleys imitated Flair's strut early in the match. Flair worked over Bubba with a figure four. Dudleys gave the "wazzup" headbutt to Flair as well.

*WWE Intercontinental champion Randy Orton pinned Chris Jericho. Orton locked a cross arm breaker on Jericho early. Jericho locked in the Walls of Jericho but Orton made it to the ropes. Orton scored the pinfall after a RKO in a little over 24 minutes.

*Eric Bischoff came out, leading to Steve Austin hitting the ring, destroying Bischoff with a stone cold stunner and drinking lots of beer. Christian hit the ring and was hit with a Stunner as well. Matt Hardy attacked Austin. The Dudleys hit the ring and hit 3-D on Hardy. Austin brought out Stacy Keibler, Miss Jackie, and Hurricane out to drink with him and the Dudleys.

*Shawn Michaels and Rob Van Dam defeated Test and Christian. Shawn Michaels hit the superkick on Test, setting him up for a Five Star Frog Splash for the pin.

*WWE World champion Triple H pinned Chris Benoit. Benoit was able to hit three German Suplexes in succession and hit his swan dive headbutt off the top rope, but Helmsley kicked out at 2. Helmsley scored the pin clean with a Pedigree. Benoit thanked the fans on the house mic after the match for coming to end the show.

The Japanese tour will conclude Saturday 2/7 at The Saitama Super Arena show. WWE already announced on their website that the Saitama event has already grossed over $1.7 million (US) and will end up becoming the largest-grossing non-televised (i.e. non-PPV or TV Taping event) show in the promotion's history. The show is scheduled to be headlined by Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels.

Credit: PWInsider.com

WWE World champion Triple H pinned Chris Benoit. Benoit was able to hit three German Suplexes in succession and hit his swan dive headbutt off the top rope, but Helmsley kicked out at 2. Helmsley scored the pin clean with a Pedigree. Benoit thanked the fans on the house mic after the match for coming to end the show.

I'm seeing............I'm seeing.........the ending to their match at Wrestlemania XX, with Shawn Michaels bloody on the outside somewhere.

Guest ManKinnd
WWE World champion Triple H pinned Chris Benoit. Benoit was able to hit three German Suplexes in succession and hit his swan dive headbutt off the top rope, but Helmsley kicked out at 2. Helmsley scored the pin clean with a Pedigree. Benoit thanked the fans on the house mic after the match for coming to end the show.

I'm seeing............I'm seeing.........the ending to their match at Wrestlemania XX, with Shawn Michaels bloody on the outside somewhere.

No....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Holy crap i'm gonna stick up for HHH....you can't really say that because he does have to stay the champion till WM 20, and the way it looks at the moment someone is gonna pin HBK or make him submit.

Guest Ghettoman

Well in a normal wrestling world you'd say Triple H is collecting some wins to give one up at Mania, but it's Triple H. He never stops collecting.

Would love to see the Jericho/Orton match.

No, an overdone joke would be just flat-out saying "ORTON IS GHEY" or something. My comment related to RAW last week and since I don't really care for any threads regarding RAW around here, the joke is new to me. Deal wit it.

Guest Besus
*WWE World champion Triple H pinned Chris Benoit.

Hopefully the same happen at Wrestlemania 20.

Guest Ghettoman

"the joke is new to me. Deal wit it. "

In that case here's one you'll love....

There's this chicken right, and he walks into a bar, no wait he crosses a road, and the bartender asks, no wait the road...ok so no one asks him anything, but it's like why'd you do it little chicken dude. So he tells the bartender, because I saw the other side and wanted to get there.

GET IT!?!?!?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I'd be interested in getting this show on tape just to see the atmosphere, and the Jericho/Orton and HHH/Benoit matches.

Guest wildpegasus
I'd be interested in getting this show on tape just to see the atmosphere, and the Jericho/Orton and HHH/Benoit matches.

Me too. The matches are all PPV length and you know everyone would have their working boots on over in Japan despite the jetlag. It'd be also interesting to see if any wrestlers were wrestling a touch different in style becasue they were in the Orient. I think at least the Saturday show is going to be shown on TV. I'm not sure if the others are going to be or not but I think some highlights are at least going to be shown. It'd be nice to be able to see all 3 shows in their entirity. Hopefully, someone snuck a video camera in. There were American cameraman reported to be at the show so I'm guessing the WWE was taping stuff but that doesn't really mean too much.

Guest Anglesault
*WWE World champion Triple H pinned Chris Benoit. Benoit was able to hit three German Suplexes in succession and hit his swan dive headbutt off the top rope, but Helmsley kicked out at 2. Helmsley scored the pin clean with a Pedigree.

Probably practicing the Mania finish.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Me too. The matches are all PPV length and you know everyone would have their working boots on over in Japan despite the jetlag. It'd be also interesting to see if any wrestlers were wrestling a touch different in style becasue they were in the Orient. I think at least the Saturday show is going to be shown on TV. I'm not sure if the others are going to be or not but I think some highlights are at least going to be shown. It'd be nice to be able to see all 3 shows in their entirity. Hopefully, someone snuck a video camera in. There were American cameraman reported to be at the show so I'm guessing the WWE was taping stuff but that doesn't really mean too much.

With the WWE's recent DVD excellence, I wouldn't rule out a match or two being added as a Special Feature to a future Susperstar DVD.

Guest Choken One

Did they ever put the Tajiri/HHH match on DVD?

I've heard great things about that match and makes me wonder why HHH busts ass for a JapanShow with a cruiserweight and yet can't make the effort against an over superstar like RVD or Booker.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Did they ever put the Tajiri/HHH match on DVD?

I've heard great things about that match and makes me wonder why HHH busts ass for a JapanShow with a cruiserweight and yet can't make the effort against an over superstar like RVD or Booker.

Part of it is the rush from working in front of the Japanese crowd, which apparantly really likes him a lot. Part of it is because Tajiri will never ever take his spot, so why not make him look good?

We are bitching because we dont think Benoit is going to score a clean pinfall or submission victory over Triple H. THAT'S why we are bitching.

Guest Anglesault
Well, you all bitch that HBK is gonna put over Benoit, and then you bitch that HHH is gonna win.

Make your mind up people.

That HHH is a wiley one. You never know where's he's gonna come at you from.

He'll probably have his buddy lay down for Chris.

It's also very possible that he'll follow HHH Logic and go over Benoit clean.

He could also do the right thing and job clean.

Who knows what goes on in that mind?

We are bitching because we dont think Benoit is going to score a clean pinfall or submission victory over Triple H. THAT'S why we are bitching.

Is that so ?

Why the need for that then ? That clearly states that the finish will be HHH winning.

Guest Choken One

*WWE World champion Triple H pinned Chris Benoit. Benoit was able to hit three German Suplexes in succession and hit his swan dive headbutt off the top rope, but Helmsley kicked out at 2. Helmsley scored the pin clean with a Pedigree.

what else do you expect them to do here?

Clearly Benoit can't just go over here...

If I were the fans, I'd feel screwed if they did a cheap DQ finish or something....

A few have hypothesized about it here, but has there been any word on whether the WWE is taping these shows to be released on some sort of "WWE RAW in Japan" DVD? I honestly think they'd do do quite a good bit of business if they released one of those commercially, not just in Japan but here in the States.

Guest Anglesault
Why the need for that then ? That clearly states that the finish will be HHH winning.

Because there's about a 40 % chance that HHH goes over benoit clean.

Guest Anglesault
I read: 24m Jericho v. Orton match.

::shudders::

I entered 24 minutes into the Orton conversion factor, and came up with seven minutes of rest holds.

what else do you expect them to do here?

Clearly Benoit can't just go over here...

If I were the fans, I'd feel screwed if they did a cheap DQ finish or something....

Preferably they don't run the match, and they especially don't pull a Booker T special on him.