TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

THE BATMOBILE

Guest Smues

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! Come see the Batmobile battle it out with Truckasaurus! $29.95 pays for the whole seat but you'll only need the EDGGEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Guest El Satanico
It reminds me of the Battank that was shown in the Dark Knight Returns.

I believe that's what this was designed from.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I may be alone here, but I marked out for the 4X4 BatTank

Guest El Satanico

Oh, I like this Bat Mobile. This movie is the earlier days of Batman, so his gadgets should be in their earlier and imperfect incarnations.

Man, they souped the hell out of KITT

I like the design of the original and the Spyhunter car over this.

But, it's the Batman early years so I can let this slide.

Guest El Satanico

This Batmobile sets the attitude of this film better.

The design of the Bat-Mobile in the Burton films was refined and stylized just like Burton's films were. This design is imperfect and practical just like Nolan's film will be. The same can be said of the Bat Symbols.

In the movie, the Batmobile is Wayne Enterprises' prototype Tumbler Tank, so to everyone saying "It looks like a tank"...well, you were onto something. I like it. I would have hated to have a Batmobile in the same vein as the other four movies, just because this one has to be the way it is.

In the movie, the Batmobile is Wayne Enterprises' prototype Tumbler Tank, so to everyone saying "It looks like a tank"...well, you were onto something. I like it. I would have hated to have a Batmobile in the same vein as the other four movies, just because this one has to be the way it is.

wait a minute....it's a Wayne Enterprise prototype?

Wouldn't that mean people at Wayne Enterprises who have seen the prototype would then KNOW someone within the company was Batman??

Now, I'm intrigued

Guest El Satanico

Wouldn't that mean people at Wayne Enterprises who have seen the prototype would then KNOW someone within the company was Batman??

Now, I'm intrigued

Perhaps it was "stolen" from Wayne Industries.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Now, I'm intrigued

In the comics, nobody believes Batman even exists till around the time he joins the JLA. He's considered by most to merely be an "urban legend."

Guest El Satanico
Anybody know what the vehicle was before it went to the Monster Garage?

Do you mean in the movie or in real life.

In the movie, it's originally a military prototype.

In real life, it was probably built from scratch.

Guest El Satanico

If that looks like a Humvee, I'd like to know where to buy the Humvee it resembles.

Guest Nanks

Now, I'm intrigued

In the comics, nobody believes Batman even exists till around the time he joins the JLA. He's considered by most to merely be an "urban legend."

I can see how that's possible, getting around in this inconspicuous little number...

Now all Batman needs is some chromed out spinners (I'd say what, 25, 30 inches or so) and it's ready to be stolen.

In all seriousness, I concur with the people who've said it's good because it's flawed and whatnot. Batman needs to have not-so sleek and stylish things right off the bat (No pun intended).

So, all in all, it gets a Giant Gonzales airbrushed muscled thumb up.

I like it. It's gritty and practical, apparently without the frills that came later on, fitting Nolan's vision for the film. It also makes sense that Bruce wouldn't necessarily get it 'right' the first time around.