TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Brock Lesnar Returning to WWE

WWE.Com has learned through a reliable source that Brock Lesnar will be meeting with WWE officials. Stay tuned to WWE.Com today as this breaking story continues to develop.

Consider it a done deal if WWE.Com is mentioning it.

Scherer says to expect him back on TV sooner rather than later.

UPDATE -- 1:15pm EDT

Vince McMahon Responds

When asked by WWE.Com if a meeting with Lesnar was scheduled, the Chairman's office issued this response: "This is none of your business." Stay tuned to WWE.Com as this story develops.

Guest Fishyswa

Fucking awesome. This isn't even news, this is more like the start of an angle. Put him on Raw so him and Big Show can pump out a few more epic matches.

Well that's stupid, sort of, now there won't be the possibly great Lesnar running in out of nowhere and F5ing the shit out of someone eventually.

We could still get that, but now, more have been forwarned you can say.

Fucking awesome. This isn't even news, this is more like the start of an angle. Put him on Raw so him and Big Show can pump out a few more epic matches.

It's Smackdown that needs the really big talent though..

Guest Coffey

Yeah, but the arena is full of marks, so he'll still get a monsterous pop. The majority of fans don't read the internet and that includes WWE.com.

Besides, all it says is that they're talking. It'll still be a surprise when he does show up on TV.

Finally. Brock is coming back to save us. Brock = Savior. :P

Seriously though, it'll be great to see him again but will his return improve the product? I haven't watched any WWE programming in the past year (save ECW:ONS) and if they advertise his return I might tune in for that.

I'm just holding my breathe on this.

Guest JMA

This is obviously great news, but he needs to be on Smackdown. Brock being back will almost certainly help out the ratings and there are many guys he can feud with: Batista, Benoit, Booker T, The Undertaker, and Mysterio. But since those are pretty much the only faces he can feud with, he should turn face himself after having a run with each of them.

This is obviously great news, but he needs to be on Smackdown. Brock being back will almost certainly help out the ratings and there are many guys he can feud with: Batista, Benoit, Booker T, The Undertaker, and Mysterio. But since those are pretty much the only faces he can feud with, he should turn face himself after having a run with each of them.

And then he can feud with Morgan over the best F-5.

There's more for Brock on Smackdown in terms of what he can do. The only new things for him on RAW are HHH and Michaels. On Smackdown he's got return matches with Benoit and Guerrero and fresh stuff with JBL, Orton and Batista.

I'm not a huge fan of Brock or anything, but lord knows they definently need him back, no matter what show he's on...I'm so glad I made that No Mercy CAW, you know, just in case! :)

Another reason why Brock would work better on Smackdown than on Raw:

He's already held the WWE Championship 3 times.

He has yet to hold the World Heavyweight Championship.

Thusly, that becomes his goal and focus...maybe it could even be the on camera reason for his return.

SummerSlam would be the best possible scenario for this. I've gotta reveals some Smackdown spoilers to tell it properly, though.

Batista has just finished going over Hassan and The Insurgents in a grueling battle to keep the World Heavyweight Title in front of his family and hometown friends. Demon Bomb finish, Batista rolls over and collapses, clutching the title. Lights go out, when they come back on Brock Lesnar is standing over Batsita with a mic. "You've got something I want." F5, PPV fades on Brock standing over Dave's limp body.

This is great. Whether he's on Raw or SmackDown, WWE needs him badly. I wasn't even much of a fan until his character went nuts, throwing Gowan down the stairs, stealing Austin's ATV and all that, then when he left I realized how much he really brought to the table. He could even cut a decent crazy promo, I thought.

Yeah, I agree, he'd be much more useful on SD and should wind up there, though he'll probably show up on Raw for the first few weeks of his return, at least.

Brock on RAW is not a good thing. With HHH, Michaels, Angle, Hogan and Cena all floating around the top there's nothing there for him to establish himself.

I know Hogan won't be around forever but Brock would still have the other four to contend with.

Brock on RAW is not a good thing. With HHH, Michaels, Angle, Hogan and Cena all floating around the top there's nothing there for him to establish himself.

Except maybe "Accidentally" using a Ganso Bomb on Trips like he did to Hardcore Holly.

Brock Lesnar is definately back, and right now, they need him. He was built as a true champ, and right now, whether it be RAW or Smackdown, they need him.

On RAW, I can see him feuding with HHH. On Smackdown, he can feud with Batista.

I guess that interview he did a few weeks ago did the trick eh?

If he doesnt come back, that lawsuit is going to go through the ringers for a ridiculous amount of time, costing Lesnar and WWE way too much $$$ in the long run when its obvious he needs to return sooner or later - to benefit both him and the WWE. His only other option if he would get freed from the old contract would be a combo of Japan dates and TNA (and who knows what their future is) to make the same amount roughly as he was getting in WWE. And thats not even a for sure thing.

Part of me would want him already wrestling Batista at SummerSlam, but they probably should be smart and build that to Mania next year. There is plenty of other stuff he could do til then. Its going to be tough to keep them apart til then though. Obviously he needs to go to Smackdown as everyone is saying already too.

Allegedly Meltzer said this was basically a done deal in last week's Observer and that they're offering Brock his old contract paywise.

I for one am pickled tink at the thought of Lesnar's return. Finally, something good is happening. Maybe this is why all the dead weight was cast off. If so, bon voyage, losers, cuz here comes the pain!

(Ugh, did I just say that?)

UPDATE -- 1:15pm EDT

Vince McMahon Responds

When asked by WWE.Com if a meeting with Lesnar was scheduled, the Chairman's office issued this response: "This is none of your business." Stay tuned to WWE.Com as this story develops.

Well that's stupid, sort of, now there won't be the possibly great Lesnar running in out of nowhere and F5ing the shit out of someone eventually.

We could still get that, but now, more have been forwarned you can say.

But if they hype that he'll be at a PPV, there's a chance more people will actually PAY to see it. Having him run out of nowhere - either on PPV or, even worse, TV - takes away that $$.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/lesnar

A little more here:

Breaking News: Lesnar to meet with WWE officials

July 6, 2005

WWE.com has learned through a reliable source that Brock Lesnar will be meeting with WWE officials.

When asked by WWE.com if a meeting with Brock Lesnar was scheduled to take place, the Chairman’s office issued this response: “This is none of your business.”

WWE.com is currently attempting to reach Lesnar for comment.

Stay tuned to WWE.com today as this story continues to develop.

Definitely a done deal, just a question of when he shows up.

Don't be surprised if we see a "Which show gets Brock?" angle here. Could make for some interesting TV, teasing some feuds, and such.

He better go to SD. We need to finish that Benoit/Lesnar feud that got cut off in its prime.

A Lesnar/Batista match would a be a nice powerfest.

A Lesnar face run would give us good matches with JBL and an interesting twist on his return match with Eddie.

Best news I've read in a while.