TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Taco Bell big box meal

What do people think about this? I am not the biggest taco bell fan in the world but I saw the commercial and figured I'd give it a shot. It came with a volcano taco, which was not as hot as I expected but was actually pretty tastey... it was mostly just spicy cheese, and then a burrito supreme, crunchwrap supreme, cinnamon twists and a large soda. I was running out of gas about 3/4 of the way but I pulled through look a trooper.

I figure if you like taco bell it's worth the $4.99. But I don't want to see Taco Bell for like 6 months now. I feel that way after every time I eat there.

Any of the Yum! Brand Big Three would have killed Spurlock.

That being said I haven't had Taco Bell in months and I'm tempted to make the half hour drive to the nearest one to get this motherfucker.

I, too, am intrigued by the Volcano Taco, but your ho-hum-hot review kinda ruined it for me. Speaking of Yum! hot foods, that devil's spicy chicken sandwich thing at KFC was disappointingly mild as well.

I didn't care for the Volcano Taco at all. It wasn't even hot. The only thing separating it from a regular taco was some cheese sauce that I didn't care for.

Does anyone remember when they had Wild Tacos? Now those were spicy... and delicious.

I do and yes those were tasty. As for the Big Box...it's a great idea to launch new products, however I could do without the Cinnamon twists and would rather have items that could be turned into fresco style options.

I like the cheap cheesy bean burrito thing they have on their value menu. The fruitista things are garbage though.

I had the Big Box thing back in May in NY at the Taco Bell in Penn Station. 8 bucks for 2 tacos and a drink and it was so hot in there the ice had melted before I ever even got to drink it. Ugh.

They need to bring back the Chilito, their chili-cheese burrito isn't even close.

I'm not a big fan of the burrito supreme, but they wouldn't let me substitute (fuckers). Also, the items vary from time to time (the cheesy double beef burrito, Club Chalupa, Queso Crunchwrap, and the Volcano Taco have all made appearances in the big box).

I don't generally eat Taco Bell unless drinking has been on the evening's agenda. Last Saturday was one such occasion when I wound up with one of those double beef cheesy burrito things off their value menu. The booze probably played a role in it, but what a delicious six minutes that was. It was so good I wound up getting one the next night. Not nearly as good. Pretty awful, actually.

What do people think about this? I am not the biggest taco bell fan in the world but I saw the commercial and figured I'd give it a shot. It came with a volcano taco, which was not as hot as I expected but was actually pretty tastey... it was mostly just spicy cheese, and then a burrito supreme, crunchwrap supreme, cinnamon twists and a large soda. I was running out of gas about 3/4 of the way but I pulled through look a trooper.

I figure if you like taco bell it's worth the $4.99. But I don't want to see Taco Bell for like 6 months now. I feel that way after every time I eat there.

:( I fuckin hate the Taco Bell here. It's $5.99 at mine.

When the fuck did Bruiser Chong become some kind of health crusader? Seriously, it's like all the time now.

As I've always said, you want to lose weight, do speed. If you think that's a bad idea, shut it.

The fruitista things are garbage though.

Oh, fuck that. Those are delicious and fat free (albeit full of sugar). Also, Fresco chicken and steak burrito supremes = godly.

I could eat those fruitista things all day every day. Fuck.

Does anybody know how often they rotate different items in and out of the big box meal? What they have in there now sounds pretty damn good, and I might have to get one this upcoming Monday Night for MNF/Raw.

Does anybody know how often they rotate different items in and out of the big box meal? What they have in there now sounds pretty damn good, and I might have to get one this upcoming Monday Night for MNF/Raw.

Whenever they have a new item to promote, basically.

I ate one of these fuckers, and I generally avoid fast food and stick to a vegetarian diet, but I'm not hardcore about it. That really hit the spot. Taco Bell will always have that special place in my heart. My first job was selling drugs out of the drive thru there. Well, that and actually working the drive thru, but you can guess where most of the money came from.

Guest Vitamin X

I think I'm going to try getting the volcano taco when I get some cash (yes I'm that broke right now). Taco Bell's great if you are a vegetarian though; just ask them to sub rice for the meat on anything there, it's actually pretty damn good that way.

I'm with you Nighthawk- Taco Bell is the one shitty fast food place that I'll always love. Unfortunately, the few ones around here seem to be KFC/Taco Bell combos and thus don't have the full menu. I went to a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut (the three faces of death) on Saturday and ordered like $12 worth of food for myself. They must have thought I was stoned out of my gourd.

I will say that the Mexican Pizza has kind of gone downhill though.

I actually have Taco Bell on the bottom of my list of preferred fast food places. I eat fast food very rarely (once every 2-3 months tops) but when I do I usually end up enjoying the hamburger places the most... Burger King is probably my favorite.

Unless Subway counts; I eat that far more frequently. I put that in a different category, though, because I don't feel like I've done something wrong after I've eaten there.

I actually have Taco Bell on the bottom of my list of preferred fast food places. I eat fast food very rarely (once every 2-3 months tops) but when I do I usually end up enjoying the hamburger places the most... Burger King is probably my favorite.

Same here. I love Burger King.