Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tyler McClelland

The Seven Deadly Sins - ENVY

Guest Tyler McClelland

The Seven Deadly Sins – ENVY

The first sin…

By: Mark David Ashburn

- Handler, “The Dark Prophet” Tyler McClelland

Envy (n) – A feeling of jealousy towards a person or thing.

See also: Covetous

The scene opens in the living room of a massive estate located in northern Virginia. Tyler McClelland, the so-called “Dark Prophet”, sits alone in the darkened room… the curtains are drawn to keep out as much sunlight as possible. Tyler wears a pair of sweatpants and a ribbed tank top… his hair is slightly disheveled… his eyes have black rings around their sockets… and he has a seemingly ever-present scowl on his face. Clearly, this is the look of a man in pain… a man who has given up on nearly everything in life. Tyler McClelland, with all his boyish good looks and charm, truly has given up on life.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings and Tyler, snapping out of his trance, jumps up to answer the door. Outside of it stands a strikingly beautiful woman… she wears a dark business suit with a long skirt instead of pants. Her eye shadow is perfectly blended with her face to give her eyes a dark, mysterious look that is perfectly complimented by her shoulder-length brown hair. This woman, who wears a dull color of pink lipstick, could never be distinguished by an outsider as a prostitute…

“Come in, Mandy.” Tyler orders rather sharply.

The woman timidly walks through the door and proceeds into the living room… she sits down on one of Tyler’s leather couches and waits patiently as he locks and deadbolts the doors… Finally, when Tyler is satisfied with his security measures, he strolls into the living room and sits on a couch across from Mandy.

“You know… it’s really weird being called Mandy again. I mean, three weeks of being called Julie has been nice… I never really liked Mandy, Julie has a nice ring to it…” The prostitute babbles.

Tyler, uninterested in small talk, rolls his eyes.

“Umm… you called me here, didn’t you?” Mandy asks.

“Yes, I did… how’s it going with you and Daniel?” Tyler queries.

A broad grin spreads across Mandy’s face.

“He’s so incredible… Tyler… err… Mr. McClelland… I really thought this job was gonna be a pain, but… I don’t even think of it as a job, anymore. I’m really starting to like hi-“

Tyler closes his eyes and shakes his head slightly.

“I’m not paying you to fall in love with him.” Tyler says quietly.

Mandy frowns.

“Well… I don’t know… He’s just really fascinating. I mean, he seems like such a dark guy on the outside, but on the inside, he’s just a teddy bear…” Mandy smiles.

Tyler remains silent this time, deep in thought…

Mandy breaks the awkward silence by asking, “Where is Laura, Tyler?”

Now, a dark, angry look drops over Tyler’s face… his eyes becoming a pit of flames…

“She’s dead…”

“Oh, my God… I’m… I’m so sorry… I didn’t mean to-“

”You didn’t know. Don’t worry.” Tyler replies tersely.

A new awkward silence fills the room as Tyler scowls darkly… then, as if out of nowhere, Tyler speaks again…

“You said the relationship was going well?” Tyler asks.

Mandy’s eyes light up with utter bliss…

“It couldn’t be going any better… I’m serious, we’re wonderful together…”

Tyler’s eyes go green with envy….

“End it, now.”

Fade to black…

--------------------------

The preceding promotional scene is to be used for entertainment purposes only. “The Dark Prophet” Tyler McClelland, Laura McClelland, and Mandy Lewis are all creative property of Mark David Ashburn and are protected by International Copyright Law. They not be used, under this law, without expressed permission from him. Any reproduction of this promotional scene without written permission from Mark David Ashburn is prohibited. “Deathwish” Danny Williams is used with permission of his handler.

Stay tuned for part two of The Seven Deadly Sins, “Greed”… which will air on Monday, July 22nd 2002…

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Wow....that was fucking COLD! I love it, Outcast! If this goes like I think it will, this has real potential. You really gave a good luck at what you're character is becoming, and it's truly interesting stuff. I'm just glad you're on my side....wait, so is Danny. NOBODY IS SAFE!!!!!!!

*runs into the forest*

Guest Insane Clown Dan

Wow, it is near-astonishing... the amount of character depth you have acheived by tying together such a well-written series of promos, all whilst trying to get some other guy laid.

I cannot wait to see how this continues to plays out in the immediate future...

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Cast is officially a bitch.

What a fine, sharp ending. Everyone's characters are getting so bloody layered lately. It's great. The pseudo stage-directions/descriptions type format seemed odd at first, but I think it worked well at this. The short, terse dialogue was more potent when presented that way...and the style made "End it, now" all the more powerful.

I'll be waiting for "Greed" quite eagerly...

Guest Tyler McClelland

It's already written... it's pretty good. Part three is the best one of the three, though... it's pretty intense.

Call it a streak of creativity and call it "I want to beat Edwin in this promo war", too.

Guest realitycheck

eVil! Outcast is eVil~! Heh heh...

All I have to say is vacious, but still. Nice work. This is something that totally came out of left field and caught me with the 2-6-2. (/me notes he should spend less time with TBS.) I'll be waiting for Greed.

I'm usually not able to relate to the bitter, distant, angry, angsty characters, due to the over-saturation, but you're doing a good job here. Which is cool, because I wasn't much of a fan of the original Outcast. Go figure. :P

And while I'm at it, (Y) @ lotsa promos. Nice to see a burst of this stuff. (Me is reminded of his own promo, and gets scribbling.)

-Z

Oh, and make sure you use "Sloth" as a sin name for your promo. It's the underrated sin. Pride is holding it down! GLASS CEILING!

Guest Tyler McClelland

I'll find a way to go through all seven...

Gluttony will be hard, but it can be interpreted in many ways.

Sloth will almost be easy for me.

Guest Lerrin Breggan

'Cast, truly excellent promo. You have and always will be one of the top promo mans here! Keep writing and I will definately keep reading.

Guest Thoth

Sigh... this reminds of that Seven angle the Clan tried to long ago... bad idea for us.

Dang, 'Cast. Smack ya bitch up.

Guest Tyler McClelland

I think the difference is that the seven deadly sins is more the name of it and I'm gonna find one way to relate each promo to a different sin... as opposed to the movie, where the guy killed each person in a different way.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

*stunners The preceding promotional scene is to be used for entertainment purposes only. “The Dark Prophet” Tyler McClelland, Laura McClelland, and Mandy Lewis are all creative property of Mark David Ashburn and are protected by International Copyright Law. They not be used, under this law, without expressed permission from him. Any reproduction of this promotional scene without written permission from Mark David Ashburn is prohibited. “Deathwish” Danny Williams is used with permission of his handler. through a table*

*rapes Mandy Lewis* Fucking whore should get out the door!

Guest Beingz0wningj00

And Outcast

"I am guilty myself. Envy. That is my sin. When you kill me with your wrath, it will complete the seven sins."

I love that movie. Interesting the last in the movie, is the first of yours. BONG.

Guest Rabbi_wilson13

Yes! That promo was great and I absolutely love that ending like so much.

I got 3 to 1 odds on the girl dying, 8 to 1 on her living. Any takers?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I'll take you up on that, Wilson. Just because I feel we should *occasionally* give He-Man Woman-Hatercast the benefit of the doubt now and then...

...and I've got some money to lose.

Did I mention that I read this promo again this morning, and I continue to like it a lot? Booyah.

Guest kelloggs

Cast is a promo machine. Promo Wars leading to WarGames. I love it!

M. "reads the next of the board promo string" Francis

Guest chirs3

One-... no, two hundred says she doesn't make it through the end of the month.

How could you manipulate someone like, Cast?! You... you... you doody-head!

I'll be quiet now. (Y) to the promo.

Guest redbaron51

christ outcast, that is a killer promo...

its almost like a soap opera series...

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Wow. Great promo. This reminds me a lot of "The Breakfast Club."

*actually reads it*

Ok...it doesn't remind me of that. Nevermind then. ;)