TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the pinjockey

Fantasy Football

TSM Fantasy Football (the 18 team league)

ID: 82718

password: TSM

Giving in to Marvin's prodding in the baseball thread (albeit minimal as I was looking at it yesterday). Ignore the draft date and time as it is just a placeholder.

Pinjockey suggested I post this up in the thread so I will..

That free Stat Tracker/draft kit and $10 credit towards a new RME account..it would be cool if everyone who signed up for this league also signed up for that and then sends Pinjockey the $10 (its free to send money to other RME accounts). If all 18 teams did this, there would be a $180 pot from which the top 3 teams at the end of the year could share from ($90/60/30).

Basically the major issues with having a money league are solved by this:

1) No one has to put up any of their own money. The $10 goes into your account almost immediately upon signup, not to mention you get free Stat Tracker service for the season AND the draft kit which runs $15 itself.

2) It wont cost anything to transfer the money around to Pinjockey and ultimately the top 3 team owners. Only those 3 people would have to link the RME account to a bank account to withdraw the money, although they could always find someone selling something who would accept RME as a form of payment if they didnt want to link to a bank account(although it will never be accepted on Ebay due to them owning paypal and not getting a cut of the revenue).

RME is a pretty cool alternative to Paypal with no fees to deposit or send money to anyone with an RME account. They ask for minimal personal info at signup but you dont have to link it to a bank account if you dont want to. You could even sign up, take the 10 bucks give it to pinjockey and never use the service again if you didnt want to..

Just a note, I am not interested in participating in the above. If some or all of you guys want to we'll close the league (I can't leave it since I set it up, it would make me close it) and someone else can set up a new one with it (or those interested could just start a new one anyway).

Guest Vitamin X

I think it's a good idea, I'm down. RME had some problem verifying my personal info though, so as soon as that's fixed..

Also not interested.

I can find a dozen money leagues but the fun of the TSM leagues is the bragging rights of beating other posters and getting to boast on their monitors... Not that it happens to me often.

yahoo tells me its' not a league to join.

This is a free one, right?

Edit: nevermind, clicked the wrong join link.

I can find a dozen money leagues but the fun of the TSM leagues is the bragging rights of beating other posters and getting to boast on their monitors... Not that it happens to me often.

*Pops Collar*

I'm in. I'm The Shamrock Shakes. Are the amount of players staying the same or is that goingt to be edited again before draft time?

Just a note, I am not interested in participating in the above. If some or all of you guys want to we'll close the league (I can't leave it since I set it up, it would make me close it) and someone else can set up a new one with it (or those interested could just start a new one anyway).

I can set up the money league if theres enough interest. I did run a football league for TSM like..6 years ago (anybody remember that?) on a different free service that didnt turn out so well but I think Yahoo should be easier. For it to be worth anything we would need at least like 12 teams, but the more the merrier. Just go ahead and PM me if your interested in the idea and if I get enough people that say they are interested by say Sunday or so, I'll set up the league.

The good news is if you sign up for this league and did the RME deal, the stat tracker/draft kit carries over to up to 4 teams as long as its the same Yahoo ID.

I'd still reccomend doing the offer for the free Stat Tracker/Draft Kit/$10 though even if you dont want to do a money league.

I'm in as the Cleveland Steamers. The RME service wouldn't process my info, but the joy here is in the fantasy beating of the internet peoples. If I wanted their money, I'd rob them outright, dig?

agreed, locked in at 16.

Does anyone have a problem with the draft time (25th at 8pm est)? I went with the usual, put it during Raw route, just as a place holder. But if no one has objections we can leave it there.

Guest Vitamin X

It's a pretty terrible time for me. I have folks coming in from out of town that weekend and general goings on due to my birthday being close to that weekend. I could do it anytime the next day, but 8pm eastern is also too early for Monday since I don't even get out of work until 6.

I'd be down with the day but the time to like, 11pm EST as I don't get home from work until 9:30pm CST and I'd actually like to draft my players and not rely on pre-ranking.

For me the day doesn't matter but it cant start any later than 9ish EST. I have to get up for work at 5am weeknights and even that is pushing it.

I'll be in Germany so that's no good for me.

EDIT: If it could even be moved futher (like the 26th onwards) it might help me out more. That being said the current time should (hopefully) be ok for me

Does anyone else have a problem with dorking it up on Sat. the 30th at 10pm-ish EST? I have no issues with that.

As of this point if Saturday would be a problem for people, I would likely set it at next Tues the 26th (pushing it back a day) at 9pmEST. So work off that assumption if the objections to Sat. roll in.