TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Pepsi and Mt. Dew Throwback

Article

I might have to try one, though it'll pain me to do so since Ive all but given up Regular Caffeinated sodas (Still drink the Rockstars though). Hopefully this will make its way to Sierra Mist.

Also, since Coke dropped the Classic from Coca Cola, I wonder if they'll release a sugar version of Coke under the Classic title..

What a weird question. I wasn't aware society had imposed age limitations on soda consumption.

I don't do caffeine anymore, so I won't try this, but that's cool they're making the jump to cane sugar. Whole Foods-brand soda has cane; it's also caffeine-free. I think I'll go to Whole Foods today.

Guest Smues

Awesome. Alaska Airlines recently started serving Jones soda instead of coke products on all their flights, and Jones uses cane sugar. I haven't tried the cola one, but the lemon lime is just pure sugar goodness. The first time I had one after they switched I didn't even realize they had, until I took one sip and was hit with a sugar rush. Mountain Dew throwback like something I really could have used to get through school.

Guest Vitamin X

Damn Pepsi for making the smart move over Coke here. I really, really like Coke way better than Pepsi, and you can still get cane sugar in Coke if you get the Mexican version (which is sold in a lot of places, but obviously a lot of Mexican restaurants). Really tastes quite incredible. I wonder how good Pepsi will be with this now.

I really like the Pepsi-Cola throwback logo, too. Very cool.

Guest Vitamin X

You know, I've heard that they do that but I have never been able to find Kosher Coke or Pepsi during passover. Must not be enough Jewish folks around here, I guess.

Help me out here, Jews: What's not kosher about Coca Cola?

I'm not Jewish, but a quick Google search and....

Every late March and early April, for the two to three weeks leading up to the celebration of the Jewish Passover holiday season in the United States, Coke fans living in major metropolitan areas with large Jewish populations get their Real Thing, if only for that brief fleeting period. According to Jewish law, nothing made with chametz (any of a number of proscribed cereals and grains, including corn) during passover may be consumed — so in order not to lose sales from observant Jews during that eight day period, a small number of Coca-Cola bottlers make a limited batch of the original Coke formulation, using refined sugar. Needless to say, stocks run out quickly and fans of Passover Coke have been known to travel many miles seeking out supermarkets with remaining caches.

http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2007/03...eal-thing-baby/

Looks like Corn Syrup.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

They already do that with their Earl Grey tea, which is good as fuck.

Had a few so far. Honestly, it was really good and I could taste quite a difference. The Mtn. Dew tasted exactly the same, however.

EDIT: I'm loving the Pepsi more and more. I hope they decide to keep producing it. I haven't been able to find cans, though.

Had to drive 20 minutes to get some. The place supposedly only had 20 oz. bottles, but turned out to have 12 packs of the Mountain Dew. I picked up 1 of those and a 20 oz. bottle of Pepsi Throwback for about $5.50 total.

I rarely drink soda, and I'm just finishing up my cherry Dr. Pepper 20 oz. from over a week ago. But hopefully the Throwbacks are worth it.

EDIT: I just tried some of the Pepsi. It seems smoother... less tangy and less bubbly. Pretty good, but I don't have regular Pepsi to compare it to. With Mountain Dew, I'll be able to compare.

EDIT 2: I just tried regular Mountain Dew followed by Throwback. Throwback has less zip/tang to it, but I like it better. My mom, a daily drinker of "new" Mountain Dew, prefers the HFCS formula.