TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

"Macho Man" Randy Savage DVD talk

PWInsider has confirmed that the Macho Man DVD will not be a documentary style DVD and instead will just be a series of matches hosted by Matt Striker.

Which is the new style that the WWE seems to be doing their dvds. After watching the Starcade and Saturday Night Main Event dvds, I'm ok with that kinda of production.

Without Savage's own words, it is much better to be matches only. Since the last time they made a DVD without the main person's own words, they got sued by the Ultimate Dingo Warrior.

Apparently legit:

"He was one of the most controversial superstars in history of sports entertainment, through his complicated relationship with Miss Elizabeth, his dramatic WWE championship tournament run at WrestleMania IV, the formation and explosive breakup of the MegaPowers with Hulk Hogan, his reign as the Macho King, and his shocking jump to WCW. "Macho Man" Randy Savage brought a chaotic poetry to the ring. He's widely considered one of the finest in-ring competitors of all time, and his interviews were always a sight to behold. For the first time ever, fans can relive the entire storied career in Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection, a 3-DVD set that spans two decades of exciting and intense matchups.

Disc 1

WWE Debut: Randy Savage vs. Rick McGraw - Prime Time Wrestling July 9, 1985

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - Boston Garden December 7, 1985

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - Madison Square Garden December 30, 1985

WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship: Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana - Boston Garden February 8, 1986

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Bruno Sammartino - Boston Garden January 3, 1987

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - WrestleMania III March 29, 1987

Randy Savage vs. Honky Tonk Man - The Main Event February 5, 1988

WWE Championship Tournament Final

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase - WrestleMania IV March 27, 1988

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship: Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase - Madison Square Garden June 25, 1988

Disc 2

Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant & Ted DiBiase - SummerSlam August 29, 1988

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - WrestleMania V April 2, 1989

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - The Main Event March 22, 1990

Randy Savage / Sherri vs. Dusty Rhodes / Sapphire - WrestleMania VI April 1, 1990

Retirement Match: Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior - WrestleMania VII March 24, 1991

Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts - This Tuesday in Texas December 3, 1991

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair - WrestleMania VIII April 5, 1992

Disc 3

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Shawn Michaels - European Rampage April 19, 1992

Randy Savage & Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels - Worcester, MA July 22, 1992

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna - RAW February 28, 1994

Lifeguard Match: Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair - Bash at the Beach July 16, 1995

WCW Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair - Nitro January 22, 1996

Falls Count Anywhere Match: Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page - Great American Bash June 15, 1997

WCW Championship Match: Randy Savage & Sid Vicious vs. Kevin Nash & Sting - Bash at the Beach July 11, 1999"

Yup, it's legit. Here's a link with artwork: http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Mac...VD-3-Discs.html

Apparently legit:

"He was one of the most controversial superstars in history of sports entertainment, through his complicated relationship with Miss Elizabeth, his dramatic WWE championship tournament run at WrestleMania IV, the formation and explosive breakup of the MegaPowers with Hulk Hogan, his reign as the Macho King, and his shocking jump to WCW. "Macho Man" Randy Savage brought a chaotic poetry to the ring. He's widely considered one of the finest in-ring competitors of all time, and his interviews were always a sight to behold. For the first time ever, fans can relive the entire storied career in Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection, a 3-DVD set that spans two decades of exciting and intense matchups.

Disc 1

WWE Debut: Randy Savage vs. Rick McGraw - Prime Time Wrestling July 9, 1985

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - Boston Garden December 7, 1985

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - Madison Square Garden December 30, 1985

WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship: Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana - Boston Garden February 8, 1986

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Bruno Sammartino - Boston Garden January 3, 1987

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - WrestleMania III March 29, 1987

Randy Savage vs. Honky Tonk Man - The Main Event February 5, 1988

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase - WrestleMania IV March 27, 1988

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship: Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase - Madison Square Garden June 25, 1988

Disc 2

Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant & Ted DiBiase - SummerSlam August 29, 1988

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - WrestleMania V April 2, 1989

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - The Main Event March 22, 1990

Randy Savage / Sherri vs. Dusty Rhodes / Sapphire - WrestleMania VI April 1, 1990

Retirement Match: Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior - WrestleMania VII March 24, 1991

Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts - This Tuesday in Texas December 3, 1991

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair - WrestleMania VIII April 5, 1992

Disc 3

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Shawn Michaels - European Rampage April 19, 1992

Randy Savage & Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels - Worcester, MA July 22, 1992

WWE Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna - RAW February 28, 1994

Lifeguard Match: Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair - Bash at the Beach July 16, 1995

WCW Championship Match: Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair - Nitro January 22, 1996

Falls Count Anywhere Match: Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page - Great American Bash June 15, 1997

WCW Championship Match: Randy Savage & Sid Vicious vs. Kevin Nash & Sting - Bash at the Beach July 11, 1999"

I'm one of them (well I don't get angry) and I should have known better.

I'm glad that Coliseum Video tag match (Flair/Michaels vs. Savage/Bret) is on the DVD. That's one of those wacky "Jim Ross calls a match where Bret Hart is the IC champ / a 1992 Flair match" deals that should never exist but Coliseum Video makes it happen.

If you've never seen the listed Savage vs. Michaels match, don't get excited about seeing some lost gem. It's generic heel Michaels offense vs. Selling an injured knee Randy Savage.

I think this is the one where Elizabeth appears in Savage's corner, marking her last WWF appearance during a tour of Europe.

I think it's a pretty good line-up. I was hoping for a little more. Particularly from his series with Tito Santana. His IC title victory is rightly there but his MSG matches with Santana are classics. Would have liked to have seen his Wrestling Classic match with Dynamite Kid and his blowoff match against Jake in 92. Still though, some stuff on the third disc I like a lot. The aforementioned HBK match, the tag match with Bret against Flair and HBK and his Raw match against Yokozuna, his final WWF Championship title shot.

There's some decent matches picked for the Savage DVD.

My only complaint is not including the cage match with Savage and Adrian Adonis versus Tito Santana and Bruno Sammartino. The last time I saw it was on a really old Coliseum Video tape of nothing but cage matches, and it was really, really good.

Maybe they're sitting on that one for a second steel cage match DVD, or less likely, a Santana collection.

PWInsider has confirmed that the Macho Man DVD will not be a documentary style DVD and instead will just be a series of matches hosted by Matt Striker.

This is fitting, given that Striker used to work an impersonation gimmick in 3PW (Blue Meanie's indy) and Macho was one of the guys he worked as.

True that. I also think that they really lucked out when they signed Striker to a talky position. He's one of the best speakers they've got on contract right now, and add to that his penchant for wrestling history.. the guy is what Mike Tenay wishes he could be! :P

There's some decent matches picked for the Savage DVD.

My only complaint is not including the cage match with Savage and Adrian Adonis versus Tito Santana and Bruno Sammartino. The last time I saw it was on a really old Coliseum Video tape of nothing but cage matches, and it was really, really good.

Maybe they're sitting on that one for a second steel cage match DVD, or less likely, a Santana collection.

The Savage/Tito MSG feud was awesome. You had a trilogy of matches between the two, followed by two tag team matches. Now that's a feud.

From JRs blog.

Macho Man DVD Hosts: From what I have heard, Matt Striker and Maria did the on cameras for the June release of the Macho Man Randy Savage DVD release which features 3 disc's of Savage's best bouts. Simply by looking at the match compilation, this seems as if it will be an excellent DVD for Macho Man fans who have been clamoring for a Savage DVD from WWE for years. Striker particularly knows the impressive history of Randy Savage and I am sure we will get some unique "nuggets of wisdom" from Mr. "I Hate Pronouns" who rivals the King as one the WWE's most skilled "ladies men."

Petrol: That description has me picturing Striker and Maria playing Macho Man and Elizabeth for a Halloween party for some twisted reason.

I hope Randy Orton will be Jake Roberts.

Title: Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection

Release Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009 (US)

The Madness is too much for one Megathread!

- WWE's European DVD distributor SilverVision has released the match listings for the upcoming Macho Man three disc set DVD which is titled 'Macho Madness - The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection'.

This release will have 23 matches from his WWE and WCW career and will have no documentary in the beginning as most WWE DVDs do. From his WWE debut match in 1985 to his match against Steamboat at WrestleMania III, winning the WWE title at WrestleMania IV and matches against Flair and DDP in WCW, this three disc set will surely be a hot seller and one of the most anticipated DVDs from WWE for quite a while. You can read the full match listing below.

Disc 1

WWE Debut

Randy Savage vs. Rick McGraw

Prime Time Wrestling July 9, 1985

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat

Boston Garden December 7, 1985

WWE Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan

Madison Square Garden December 30, 1985

WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship

Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana

Boston Garden February 8, 1986

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Bruno Sammartino

Boston Garden January 3, 1987

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat

WrestleMania III March 29, 1987

Randy Savage vs. Honky Tonk Man

The Main Event February 5, 1988

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase

WrestleMania IV March 27, 1988

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase

Madison Square Garden June 25, 1988

Disc 2

Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant & Ted DiBiase

SummerSlam August 29, 1988

WWE Championship Match

WrestleMania V April 2, 1989

WWE Championship Match

The Main Event March 22, 1990

Randy Savage / Sherri vs. Dusty Rhodes / Sapphire

WrestleMania VI April 1, 1990

Retirement Match

Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior

WrestleMania VII March 24, 1991

Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts

This Tuesday in Texas December 3, 1991

WWE Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair

WrestleMania VIII April 5, 1992

Disc 3

WWE Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Shawn Michaels

European Rampage April 19, 1992

Randy Savage / Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair / Shawn Michaels

Worcester, MA July 22, 1992

WWE Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna

RAW February 28, 1994

Lifeguard Match

Bash at the Beach July 16, 1995

WCW Championship Match

Nitro January 22, 1996

Falls Count Anywhere Match

Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Great American Bash June 15, 1997

WCW Championship Match

Randy Savage & Sid Vicious vs. Kevin Nash & Sting

Bash at the Beach July 11, 1999

I know its not part of his epic feuds or anything, but it would be cool if they threw in Savage vs. Rodman. I enjoyed that match way more than anyone should have.

I too enjoyed the Rodman match quite a bit. I think it was on the same show as Sting vs Sid, which was one of Sid's better matches in his last WCW run.