TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HBK16

Lets talk Osaka Pro

Guest HBK16

I am thinking of getting some recent Osaka Pro tapes but I haven't heard any news or anything on them for a while. Are they putting on good shows? Now to ARSION. I want to get the Arsion Hyper Visual Fighting Tournament since a master tape is only $8.34 over at cdjapan.co.jp Yeah thats right 8 measly dollars! It's on sale. Now I know that any master video that is only $8 you got for but is this is a good show? I am gonna buy it anyways but I just wanna see if there is anything I should look forward to. Thanks.

Guest Tim Cooke

Osaka Pro is like Toryumon. The shows all run together and are fun for a while, but tend to blend in the same.

Though I will say that Osaka Pro Comedy Matches are the most sophisticated in the world.........that is if a comedy match can be sophisticated.

Tim

Guest wolverine

I'm not sure what show that Arsion tape is, but generally, if it's between 1998-1999, it should be good. I have Stardom '99, which has two kick ass Yoshida matches on there.

Guest HBK16

The ARSION show was from 4-20-2000. Here are the match listings from K&D's site

STARLET 2000 VIP PRODUCE 4/20/00 Tokyo Korakuen Hall

Apache & Linda Starr vs. Mari Apache & Fabi Apache. 4:48

Mariko Yoshida & AKINO & Ayako Hamada vs. Michiko Omukai & Yumi Fukawa & Xochilt Hamada. 9:30 **3/4

Lumberjack Death Match QUEEN OF ARSION Title Match: Aja Kong vs. Etsuko Mita. 6:42

HYPER VISUAL FIGHTING TOURNAMENT ARS 2000 5/7/00 Tokyo Korakuen Hall

Tournament Ikkaisen (1st round)

Note: Matches shorter than 5 minutes are not rated

Yumi Fukawa vs. Rie Tamada. 4:20 **1/2

GAMI vs. Bionic J. 4:00 match

Etsuko Mita vs. Xochilt Hamada. 4:03 match

Mariko Yoshida vs. Mima Shimoda. 6:47 ***1/4

Tournament Nikaisen (2nd round)

Michiko Omukai vs. Yumi Fukawa. 6:53 ***

Aja Kong vs. GAMI. *1/2

Tournament Junkessho (semifinal)

Etsuko Mita vs. Michiko Omukai. 3:04

Aja Kong vs. Mariko Yoshida. 7:40 **3/4

CAZAI CONCLUSION: Ayako Hamada & Mari Apache & Linda Starr vs. Candy Okutsu & AKINO & Ai Fujita. ***1/4

Tournament Yushoketteisen: Aja Kong vs. Michiko Omukai. **1/2

Guest Jubuki

If you're watching ARSION these days, it's for 3 women - Fabi Apache, AKINO, & Ai Fujita. Fujita is turning into their best performer, and Apache & AKINO are a couple of friggin' FUN wrestlers. The bad thing about Yoshida these days is that she's still considered a contender of sorts, but she's far enough removed from her title days that she's not respected much. So you get turds like her matches against Toyota & Asuka, where her work is either blown off or shown up in some way.

As for Osaka Pro, the most recent show I saw was the 6/01 Samurai TV. It ruled like a motherfucker. Don't really know how they're doing sans TOGO & Hoshikawa on a broader scale than that, though.

Guest wolverine

I'm sticking to their stuff from a few years back, when Yoshida was the best worker in the world (as evidenced by her matches against Akino and Yagi). So far, the Akino match stands out as her best IMO. Can't wait to see her matches against Candy from 12/98, Futagami from 4/99 and Fukawa from 5/99.

Guest Jubuki

The Candy match is fun, but not as good as the others. Gami's match will have you going nuts until the last minute arrives. Tyner reviewed the Yumi match and I still haven't brought myself to watch it yet. I am a small, small man. But the Aja match is pretty good, too. And yes, Yoshida was clearly the best - Kawada was injured, and, according to some, all it takes to make the mark is to carry slugs and nobodies to good matches. Mariko was carrying rookies, nobodies, coulda-beens, and never-weres to their best matches ever. I really would've liked to have seen the whole Ohmukai match from March, too - the heat for that seemed on par with the others.

Guest wolverine

Got around to watching Starlet '99, and I totally agree with you on Yoshida-Ohmukai. Looked tremendous, and it sucks that we only got 4 minutes.

Lots of nice spots throughout the tape, but the one that stands out is Akino's rana finish on one of the Apache sisters. That was absolutely insane.

Yoshida-Gami was damn good, but I expected more. And yes, them blowing off finishers was stupid. They cut out about 3-4 minutes, but from what aired, **** would seem fair.

The Yoshida-Akino 1/99 match is still by far my favorite Arsion bout, and my #2 match of 1999. I've got to see that Fukawa match still, since so many people rave about. I trust it's awesome, since both women seemed to be peaking at that point.