TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kurtangledoesnotsuck

Splitting the world titles up

Guest kurtangledoesnotsuck

Ok, I don't understand this "draft" thing at all. Maybe that is the plan of the WWF, to have no-one know what it means and then BAM, it's over at Survivor Series. Did I just describe the inVasion storyline? Anyway, on Raw, I wouldn't be surprised if Stephanie became champion. We'll call that OUTCOME 1. OUTCOME 2 would be if we had another DOUBLE PIN on Raw and both men were declared winners.

If OUTCOME 1 happens, Stephanie forfeits the title and we have a tournament to determine the new champion. King of the Ring?

If OUTCOME 2 happens, ah, the old double pin, both titles will be spilt. For arguments sake, HHH will be the new WWF champion, while Jericho will be wCw champion, or as they like to call it, "The World Champion"

Just a thought.

Guest muzanisa

I can see it happening; the problem is one belt ends up looking like the consolation prize.

Guest Tony149

The double pin would be a good idea. Too bad they would probably have HHH & Steph pin Jericho.

Guest WWF4Life

I can't see the WWF splitting the titles, at least not yet. If the World champion wrestled in both 'brands', then it'd be cool to see how the number one contender was determined, maybe using using a WCW-like ratings table. The novelty of an undisputed champion is still pretty fresh, so I don't think the titles should split until around SummerSlam, where a tournament can take place. By that time, Raw and SmackDown should be established separate entities, and a tourney will spice things up again.

I don't think they would split them...it doesn't make any sense to just take one title and divide it into two. What if they did that with the Intercontinental title or something? The Undisputed championship may be symbolized by two belts, but the holder isn't a double champion...like I said, it's one title.

Plus they said that the Federation Men/Women's champion would appear on both shows, so two Federation champions wouldn't be nessasary.

Guest Brian

I think having the champion appear on both shows is the stupidest thing I've ever heard and defeats the purpose of the split.

Guest Dace59

I think, HHHH to retain on RAW.

But the devorce goes through, Steph get's 50% of what HHH owns, including one of the two titles.

That's another idea.

Guest Brian

I think the WWF ditched that idea and went for the triple threat, but that's just my guess.

Guest razazteca

the split of titles would make since but will there be heat for a face Jericho or heel HHH?  Or has the titles become heatless like Chyna's Hollywood career?

But the devorce goes through, Steph get's 50% of what HHH owns, including one of the two titles.

That's another idea.

What if HHH was the Intercontinental champion right now? Would she get half of that? The point here is, the Undisputed Championship is not two titles, it can't be split up nor does it make sense. It just has two belts, which if it's causing this much confusing, maybe should become just one again.

Guest Some Guy

The undisputed title is 2 titles, the WWF and the "World" or WCW championships.  Saying it wasn't would be like saying that a boxer who holds both the WBC and WBA heavyweight titles has just one title.  They should split up the titles, with a 2 fall match, one fall for each strap.  At Mania 19 they can be reunified and then the can be on both shows until they get split up.

They were unified into one title just like the US/Intercontinental and WCW/WWF Tag titles were at the Survivor Series.

The idea of Stephanie getting one of the title belts doesn't make much sense, though. Triple H doesn't "own" the titles, he's just the current champion. WWFE owns the championships, correct? So, Stephanie couldn't get that in the divorce.

Well, it wouldn't make sense, at least. That's never really stopped them before :P

Guest Some Guy
They were unified into one title just like the US/Intercontinental and WCW/WWF Tag titles were at the Survivor Series.

Yes but the US and WCW Tag titles were dropped and teh WCW belt wasn't.  They are simply 2 separate titles currently held by the same person.

Guest Dace59

Triple H doesn't "own" the titles, he's just the current champion. WWFE owns the championships, correct?

In Kayfabe, the champ "owns" the titles, I was talking in kayfabe terms.

They are simply 2 separate titles currently held by the same person.

Then why is it spoken about as if it's only one? And why do the announcers say "He hit him with one of the undisputed title belts!" instead of saying "He hit him with the WCW title belt!" and if it is two titles, why doesn't the champion defend them one at a time, ala Kurt Angle's Eurocontinental title regien?