TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2008 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony

Obviously this is on here this month due to the Flair induction, but the rest of the show (both parts and all five hours worth) is pretty good. I'm watching the High Chief Peter Maivia and Rocky Johnson inductions now with Flair coming next and things actually move along fairly well for such a long show. I do kinda wish they go back to a more intimate setting because the morons yelling out stuff during the speeches gets really annoying.

EDIT: Ok, the "Pebble!" chant was good.

Edited by KingPK

I might just have bad memory these days but I don't remember seeing the opening bit with Josh Matthews interviewing people on the DVD release. That's pretty cool.

This is the first HOF that's ever appeared on Cogeco's 24/7 line-up.

They've had that problem with the audience for four straight years and they apparently refuse to do anything. Those are the types of fans that make me embarrassed to be a fan of wrestling.

Someone had a great suggestion on how to shut them up. Make the HOF induction ceremony part of the Wrestlemania package they do every year. Inform them that if they misbehave at the HOF ceremony they will get one warning and if they continue to act disrespectfully they will be kicked out, not allowed to go to WM, and not have their money refunded.

Vince's bright idea of making the fans follow a dress code because he thought them being dressed up would keep them from being rowdy failed miserably.

I personally hate the Hall of Fame shows have been done in front of live crowds lately. I wish it was like it was in 2004, where it was just all the people from the company and selected guests in a ballroom type setting. It was all nice, quiet, and orderly.

I liked the low-key Hall of Fame induction ceremony of 2004 much better too. It's a more intimate setting and the people who deserve to be in the audience are.

There are a lot of wrestling fans that don't know how to act. They treat a HOF ceremony like any other wrestling show. That's partially the WWE's fault with the way they promote their product but these embarrassments should know how to behave at a HOF ceremony, which is supposed to honor the performers of the past. You never see these kinds of antics at other HOF ceremonies.

Hey, the "ONE MORE MATCH" and 34 minute (give or take) ovation for Hogan in 2005 was great. It's just too bad it carried over into Bret having to explain to them in 2006 he could not possibly have one more match.

Hey, the "ONE MORE MATCH" and 34 minute (give or take) ovation for Hogan in 2005 was great. It's just too bad it carried over into Bret having to explain to them in 2006 he could not possibly have one more match.

On the flip side, they started chanting it for Verne Gagne too.

I don't think the chanting is too bad but it's the booing and outright disrespect that should not be tolerated and it has been for far too long.

I agree with that 100%

Anyone who boo's at a HOF because they don't care about the induction shouldn't be there, they should be thrown out immediately.

They've had that problem with the audience for four straight years and they apparently refuse to do anything. Those are the types of fans that make me embarrassed to be a fan of wrestling.

Someone had a great suggestion on how to shut them up. Make the HOF induction ceremony part of the Wrestlemania package they do every year. Inform them that if they misbehave at the HOF ceremony they will get one warning and if they continue to act disrespectfully they will be kicked out, not allowed to go to WM, and not have their money refunded.

And that would open them to many lawsuits. What they need to do and I think this should happen with most sporting events is stop serving Alcohol.

WWE wouldn't be that stupid, to take peoples wrestlemania tickets away.

They should bring back the Slammy's before Mania and have the Hall of Fame later in the year.

I will say JBL's induction of the Brisco Brothers is pretty damn funny. I remember reading about it when it happened, but seeing the broadcast is very entertaining.

And Jim Ross does a great job inducting Gordon Solie.

DiamondDust, I'm so glad I'm not the only person in Tuscaloosa with 24/7.

So is it true that when Flair was talking about Mongo, Malenko, and Arn that he mentioned Benoit to a nice ovation? Obviously, if i happened, it was cut.

The ovation for Benoit I believe is overblown. Flair namedropped Benoit as well as many other Horsemen. Perhaps Dames can drop in and provide some clarificiation.

It definitely wasn't overblown. It was quite possibly the weirdest pop I've ever heard because it was....delayed.

He dropped the name...the crowd kinda gasped for a sec, collectively...and then there was a slow, building pop that rivaled everyone else who was there that night, including the Rock & Flair. Very, very surreal.

Dames