Brian Pillman/2 Cold Scorpio v. Great Muta/Barry Windham

Steve Williams/Sting v. Jushin Liger/Nepotism

NWA Title Match

Great Muta v. Masa Chono ©

WCW World Title Match in the Middle of the Show

with a horrible finish

Steve Williams v. Ron Simmons ©

Tag Title Match You Already Saw on 24/7

Ricky "He was my greatest opponent" Steamboat/Shane "He works at Wal*Mart now!" Douglas © v. Barry Windham/Brian Pillman

King of Cable Tournament Final

Sting v. Big Van Vader (w/ King Harley Race)

And of course...

Battle Bowl Battle Royal (participants:

Van Hammer, Dan Spivey, Dustin Rhodes, Vader, Great Muta, Barry Windham, Steve Williams, Sting

)

------

Muta has some bossin' theme music here. Is it overdubbed or his theme from Japan that they somehow can get away with playing?

Rude got screwed. :(

Great King of Cable match. And awesome tag title match. But what a flat ending to finish a show with a battle royal which nobody cared about.

I liked the old Starrcade theme. It's too bad they have to overdub that.

I've never seen the full version of this show. I just used to rent the 2-hour version from my local video store. Time to see the Lethal Lottery tag matches in full for the first time!

Wasn't Rude actually hurt here and thus didn't face Simmons for the title? I would think he had to be in line to win the title here. When he came back he ended up mired in a feud with Dustin over the US title for months on end, before finally getting the bogus "world title" later in 1993.

Shane Douglas is a Target asst. store manager making 42 K a year without a bump (or did he go back to teaching the youth of America lately?)

He's a teacher now.

Wasn't Rude actually hurt here and thus didn't face Simmons for the title? I would think he had to be in line to win the title here. When he came back he ended up mired in a feud with Dustin over the US title for months on end, before finally getting the bogus "world title" later in 1993.

I e-mailed Meltzer once to ask him if Rude was supposed to win. He said didn't remember what was going on during that period of time. THE ONE THING HE DOESN'T KNOW. I suppose if we wait a year we'll get the Observers from that era posted online.

Shane Douglas is a Target asst. store manager making 42 K a year without a bump (or did he go back to teaching the youth of America lately?)

He's a teacher now.

Ok thanks I think WON did report that in the last month or so.

Thanks Bob!

Wow, Ricky Steamboat had some fucking STUPID theme music on this show. As a kid, I always wondered why they immediately scrapped his Slam Jam music. Now I understand why. What garbage.

Ric Flair coined The Franchise and The Dragon?

I meant the "nicknames" I "gave them" in the "OP". Sorry.

Upon seeing the face Ricky Steamboat titantron, I need to see that match with Vader.

I think Rude was most definetely supposed to win the WHC that night. Hence Vader winning it back two days later.

My guess is Sting wins KOC over Vader and Rude wins WHC to set up Superbrawl III instead of the White Castle of Fear.

I think if Rude is healthy and Watts wasn't an a-hole and wanted Chono & Muta to stink it up, Starrcade 1992 would be regarded as one of the better ones (maybe not a tough distiction).

At the time, the plan always being for Simmons to retain. Vader was getting the belt back because of the acknowledgment of the Simmons experiment failing. Healthy or not, Rude wasn't wining because Vader was the heel they wanted to build around.

Wow interesting, I always assumed Rude was going to win and they were going to do Sting-Rude II. Do you know that if Simmons-Rude was still on they would have had Simmons retain AND drop the belt to Vader so quickly?