TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RepoMan

Halloween Candy

The 10 Most Disaappointing Treats for Trick or Treaters

I guess I'm one of the few that likes candy corn and smarties. And isn't everything "fun sized" now a days? I never expected a whole candy bar when I went trick or treating.

And they left out the two worst treats, religious phampletes and pennies. Plus I always hated anything with coconut.

My favorite candy is anything with peanut butter and chocolate, Snickers, and Milkey Ways.

I like Smarties, too. Candy corn, not so much.

I got my Cherry Cordial Kisses already, so I'm satisfied.

And this list fails based on the inclusion of those strawberry-wrapped candies. Those are delicious.

That list seems pretty bad to me. I don't know about everyone else, but I enjoy Smarties, Dum Dums can be fine depending on the flavor, no problem with tootsie rolls, candy corn or candy being fun sized, and I really like Laffy Taffy

I like Smarties, too. Candy corn, not so much.

I got my Cherry Cordial Kisses already, so I'm satisfied.

And this list fails based on the inclusion of those strawberry-wrapped candies. Those are delicious.

Yes. And I'm fine with the butterscotch candies as well.

The worst for me is candy corn and those "things" that come in a orange or black wrapper (we covered these in another thread I think). Licorice doesn't excite me either (especially the black stuff, that's just plain nasty).

The soft peanut butter taffy? Those things are great.

I always prefered Reese's Cups. Anything else I usually ate last or threw away.

Nowadays, we still have our hurricane shutters up. Keeps the fuckers away. And I don't have to give candy to bratty kids.

THESE Smarties:

smarties.jpg

Also, Sweet Tarts are kinda chalky, but at least they have some taste to them.

EDIT: alf beat me to it.

I remember in grade six I smashed up a bunch of rockets and made the kid next to me snort it. I fucking hated those things as a child, but now I love them, and I go buy dozens of them after Hallowe'en

My favorite candy is anything with peanut butter and chocolate, Snickers, and Milkey Ways.

Yes, this please. I intend on giving out Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Snickers, because I hope to have some left over.

Also, fun-size candies. The people making that list should try to look at it from the perspective of the people who buy the candy to give to the kids. Should we go out and buy cases of full-size candy bars to hand out instead, which is going to run up a sizable chunk of money?

Also, fun-size candies. The people making that list should try to look at it from the perspective of the people who buy the candy to give to the kids. Should we go out and buy cases of full-size candy bars to hand out instead, which is going to run up a sizable chunk of money?

I've never handed out candy, but if I ever start, I could see myself having several candy stashes to choose from, based on, say, how much I like their costumes. Full size candy bars (or hell, king size) if they're cool, pennies if they suck.

Hm... any kids I have, I should teach them to say "Cake or death!" when they ring the bell instead of trick or treat. King size candy bar for sure on that one.

I remember in grade six I smashed up a bunch of rockets and made the kid next to me snort it. I fucking hated those things as a child, but now I love them, and I go buy dozens of them after Hallowe'en

I used to do this with Altoids.

The worst for me is candy corn and those "things" that come in a orange or black wrapper (we covered these in another thread I think).

I actually had one yesterday leaving work. I don't quite know why work had a box of them next to the punch clock, but there you go. I believe the thread your quote was discussed in was "Bad Candy". Come to think of it, we've had the "Smarties" debate before also.

People actually give religious pamphlets to trick-or-treaters? That's god-awful.

The worst for me is candy corn and those "things" that come in a orange or black wrapper (we covered these in another thread I think).

I actually had one yesterday leaving work. I don't quite know why work had a box of them next to the punch clock, but there you go. I believe the thread your quote was discussed in was "Bad Candy". Come to think of it, we've had the "Smarties" debate before also.

People actually give religious pamphlets to trick-or-treaters? That's god-awful.

Yeah, there was a hardcore Baptist near my cousins house as a kid that gave out "Why Halloween is Destroying Your Soul" pamplets one year, with a "Jesus Loves You."

My on the spot of retort, "If Jesus loves me, give me candy" didn't go over well. I was an adorable Robot if anyone cares.

Smarties are good.

And I'll take those black/orange wrapped ones, soft peanut butter taffy. It's fantastic. I like it better than some stupid tootsie roll.

Guest Smues

Smarties are awesome, I can eat them by the bag. When I'd get them on Halloween I'd usually open all my rolls and make a big pile of them to munch on. Great sugar high.

Oh and FUCK that list for putting Laffy Taffy on there. Especially since the picture is of the full size bar, like anyone hands those out. But the little ones are great too. When I'm on a sugar bender I'll often stop at the gas station and pick up 3 or 4 Laffy Taffy bars. Great stuff. And don't fun-sized bars practically exist just for Halloween?

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Candy corn is a Taste of Autumn and I fucking love it. Krispy Kreme should make a Fall Fun Donut by taking a pumpkin spice donut and drizzling melted candy corn over the top so it has the yellow-orange-white gradient to the glazing. I would eat those with pride.

Smarties aren't inherently bad, but once you stop getting them as Halloween or Easter treats, there's no real reason to eat them, whereas there's no bad time to destroy half a bag of fun-sized Milky Way or 3 Musketeers. Funny note on Fun Size, maybe I should youtube it for the board: when I went trick-or-treating in either 1990 or 1991, I think that meant I was either Conky The Robot From The Show Pee-Wee's Playhouse (yeah, I said the whole thing) or Waldo. I wanna say '90. Anyway, my mom and dad would videotape me introducing my costume every year and going to a few houses on the block. I went next door to get my candy, ran up to the camera, my dad was like "what did you get?" and I proudly read, with my lisp at the time, "SHE GAVE ME THNICKERTH...FUN-THIZE!!" You'll just have to take my word for it that it was considered positively darling and became a family inside joke for years. One day I'll figure out how to put it on the board. Jim Henson's TSM Babies.

And how does that list omit Mounds? I hate Mounds. I'm going to go to the grocery store, mark the front bag of Mounds with a Sharpie, come back in a week, and see if it's gone. I bet it's not. I BET IT'S NOT.

That's what Costco's for.