Marcus Davis vs Jess Liaudin

Wilson Gouveia vs Jason Lambert

Kendall Grove vs Jorge Rivera

Prelims

Sam Stout vs Per Eklund

Colin Robinson vs Antoni Hardonk

Paul Davis vs Paul Taylor

James Lee vs Alessio Sakara

Now, this isn't UFC 78 bad but it's still getting shit-talked around most forums. At least with Sherk getting stripped of the belt they have a legit main event instead of more interim bullshit. The main card might surprise people though I think. Marcus Davis is on the verge of breaking into the top ten and his last fight against Paul Taylor was great fun to watch. Werdum/Gonzaga I was solid stuff and with Gabriel having improved by leaps and bounds since then we might see a very different result. Gouveia/Lambert will elevate somebody in a crowded 205 lb. division and I've yet to see a boring Kendall Grove fight. Plus with Stout hopefully notching himself a spot on the Montreal card with a win I'll be watching in the hopes that fight gets shown on the live portion of the event.

The thing with Davis is that they should be giving the guy better competition than Liaudin. Seems like a step down IMO.

Nice to see Stout back. Too bad there's a good chance we won't see the guy since he's on the fucking undercard. I suppose it's to be expected when he's facing a guy who might as well be the lead singer of Roxette for all we know.

Can't imagine that the Grove fight is going past R2.

The thing with Davis is that they should be giving the guy better competition than Liaudin. Seems like a step down IMO.

Agreed 100%, he deserves someone who is in the title picture... Fitch, Koscheck, Karo, Alves, those kind of fighters. Hopefully Marcus beats Liaudin and Joe Silva gives him better opponets. Marcus always puts on a good show.

Has Davis faced a strong wrestler? Which the upper echelon of 170 is filled with.

Depends on your opinion of Joe Stevensons wrestling ability... But then again that was when Marcus sucked shit on the ground.

Marcus is a beast now. I wish he'd go up against a top guy so we could see how good he really is.

And I don't think I buy Gonzaga as a star yet, sure he looked great against Cro Cop, but he's still not a reason people are going to buy a show. Stout should be on the main card

This is not the best card to throw out when people are trying to get their finances back in order after the holidays. Good fights, but this buy-rate is going to be ridiculously low.

I honest to God had a dream last night where Joe Stevenson KO'd Penn. I'm not sure it's a good thing that my Penn dislike (not hatred)* is seeping into my dreams.

*50% of said dislike is towards his fans. And by fans I mean the ones who would still rank him #1 at any weight class.

I have BJ Penn at #1 for weight classes that don't even exist yet. Super-Light Cruiserweight Champion Baby~!

I'm about 50% certain that this is an actual boxing division...

I'll be at Hooters for this one. So if any of the usual group that comes to my house wants to join me, come on down. I always sit in the back of the place so I can watch it on the HD Flat Panel...

Seems to me they went a route similar to the Hatton/Mayweather 24/7 preview show, since the UFC 79 preview show. Not that I'm complaining, I think it's great.

Guest ravman77

I was thinking of going along to the weigh-in's on Friday afternoon. Anyone been to one before? Is it worth it?

Can't say I'm too hyped for the event yet (although looking forward to seeing Joe Rogan doing stand up the night before) but I'm sure once BJ snaps Stevenson in half I'll be happy.

A newer, more focused BJ talking about cementing his legacy and training like a mad man is a scary, scary thing.

"I only want to be the best in the world, that's all."

Even though I want to see BJ be the sword of vengeance against Sherk for humping his way to a title and title defence I think Stevenson winning would be worth it to see the internet collectively melt down and watch BJ's fans question their place on this earth.

Even though I want to see BJ be the sword of vengeance against Sherk for humping his way to a title and title defence I think Stevenson winning would be worth it to see the internet collectively melt down and watch BJ's fans question their place on this earth.

Stevenson would stand a good chance against Sherk, methinks. Stevenson is a very strong 155, he could possibly stuff Sherk's takedowns and keep the fight standing.

I think Joe Stevenson is going to impress a lot of people on Saturday. I don't think he will win against BJ, but I think he will hang with him and hold his own. He also will give Penn a lot of problems, I just think see BJ having an easy time submitting him. Stevenson has great Jiu Jitzu and has RAW strength. Plus Stevenson striking is getting better, and he will show it.

I'm taking BJ by 3rd round TKO, with it even on scorecards going into the 3rd round.

I'm interested in seeing both guys strategies. Whether BJ will be more conservative with his striking to save up his gas tank for the later rounds and in turn if Joe will push the pace to try and wear BJ out.

And yes Joe's striking is improved but I don't know how long he'll want to stand with BJ. Joe has only two KO/TKO victories in his entire career whereas we've seen the damage BJ's fists can do. If Joe got dropped by Yves Edwards there's no reason to think BJ can't do it either.

I'm interested in seeing both guys strategies. Whether BJ will be more conservative with his striking to save up his gas tank for the later rounds and in turn if Joe will push the pace to try and wear BJ out.

And yes Joe's striking is improved but I don't know how long he'll want to stand with BJ. Joe has only two KO/TKO victories in his entire career whereas we've seen the damage BJ's fists can do. If Joe got dropped by Yves Edwards there's no reason to think BJ can't do it either.

I don't know... I'm not really convinced that BJ's stand up is really better then Yves. BJ has more KO power, but as far as technique and speed goes I give the advantage to Yves. BJ did outstrike GSP, but GSP isn't a great striker himself. GSP is an explosive striker and has pretty good acuracy when he's fighting fighters with limited striking skills, but I seen Koscheck tag GSP a few times in the 1st round of their fight as well.

What BJ lacks in technique and variety of strikes he makes up for in aggression and relative fearlessness, coupled with the ability to take a shot. Putting pressure on guys who don't like to strike is more effective, imo, than picking shots and letting them keep their composure standing. Plus, BJ is very good at mixing up his strikes with takedowns and clinches, so in an MMA perspective, I'd say BJ's stand up is somewhat underrated, though still is something that is behind his wrestling and jj.

Joe struggled against Pellegrino, to where -at the time watching it- I would have picked Batman to win. That may change on a repeat viewing, but it's something to consider. Kurt is a good fighter, no doubt, and beating Jay R. Palmer is quite the feather in his cap, but he's no Best P4P Fighter Ever.