TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

More NBA Fantasy Fun!!

For all the hardcore fantasy hoops people, there are 2 more fantasy games available from nba.com.

First is the Salary Cap Challenge. This pretty much looks like the old VGM/FastBreak game, but they've tweaked it a bit. Here is a summary..

You start the season with $35,000,000 to invest in a six-man roster. Each week your team scores fantasy points based on your players' in-game performance. Player prices dynamically update every week depending on market demand for each player. If you can invest well and spot bargains, you'll actually earn money to invest in better players. You get only two trades each week, so plan well.

Second is the Rookie's game, which is pretty easy as well. You pick one rookie a day who is playing to get you stats in pts, rebs, assts. The total of those are how you score. You can pick rookies every day or set out your picks a week in advance.

Both leagues are public leagues called TSM Fantasy Freaks

Games are free. Register and find the leagues at...

http://www.nba.com/fantasy/index.html

Man, have you checked out the game?

It's like the VGM/FastBreak game, but taken to the next level. Very interesting in that it still has the element of the old VGM game, but throws in the Wall Street angle with the salaries and how your team gets more money to spend as your players get more valuable. Also tricky in that you only get 2 trades a week, so you have to be on point from the get go, but still have the chance to make a comeback through spotting good low buys and then selling high.

This game is going to be fun, yet kill me.

I put in Chris Paul and it said that no rookies are in yet. Forgot if the message said if they were going to wait until after the season began or not before listing them.

At least you can play around with lineups as much as you want before the season begins, but after it starts, you only get 2 trades a week. My first lineup is as follows (lineup subject to change)

G Josh Smith

G Delonte West

F LeBron James

F Kwame Brown

C Amare Stoudemire

6th Man Dwight Howard

I have a little over $300,000 left over. I'm hoping Josh Smith and Kwame become better and up their value so I can eventually sell them.

I wonder if the LA Clipper strategy will work in this game......pay $10 for the whole team expecting to see profit from the young players.

I spent all $35 on my team most of it went to KG, Amare, Ginobili the other 3 players are or were Spurs players. I'm a little disappointed that I could not sign Oberto.

While that could happen, remember you still need guys to put up very good stats to win the game. The salary stuff and buying and selling is there to eventually build up to getting better players who will put up the big numbers. The name of the game is still to get stats and fantasy points, it will just really help in the long run (which this game is designed perfectly for, it's a marathon not a sprint) to buy some prospects low and hope they up their value, leading to you buying better, more reliable guys to help you get your points.

Just saw this on the main league front page:

"Important Note Regarding Players: We are aware that rookies, new players and players who missed all of last season are not currently in the game's database. As their playing time, and game play value become more clear we will add them to the game. We expect to add them the week of October 17th."

Cool, it's before the season begins, so I can tinker with my current lineup and put in a rookie.

I've got my eye on Chris Paul, Bogut, Marvin Williams, and Ike Diogu as possible buys before the season begins.

I'm in, here's my lineup

G: LeBron James, Brevin Knight

F: Tyson Chandler, Reggie Evans

C: Yao Ming

6th: Theo Ratliff

As usual i'm in for anything NBA fantasy, my team as of right now for the Salary Cap Challenge:

G- Speedy Claxton

G- Sebastian Telfair

F- Dirk Nowitzki

F- Ron Artest

C- Kurt Thomas

6th- Shareef Abdur-Rahim

With $450,000 left to spare. Claxton and Telfair are cheap players that i'm confident will greatly increase in value and put up strong numbers for NO & Portland, Dirk is of course a Fantasy monster, Artest i think is a steal at his current price, as long as he stays out of the crowd he'll be an elite player with numbers better than alot of the players ranked above him, Kurt will benefit from being part of the high-octane Suns offence, plenty of rebounds to pick up and Nash's passing should give him lots of opportunity to score, and Shareef's numbers will jump from being the starting PF in Sacramento compared to an unhappy & injured backup in Portland.

After picking my team in about 5 minutes and putting little thought in i think i did pretty well.

I'll join the Rookie Game later when i can be bothered.

Joined both comps. Got Billups, Rose, Jermaine, Prince, Magloire and Mike Miller. Saving some so I can get a couple more top stars, as I think Miller and Rose may rise in value a little.

I'm loving both of these, but I'm playing conservative in the Salary Cap Challenge. I'm hoping guys like CP3 and the Bogeyman (why the FUCK would Nike call him that?) gain a lot of value so I can make a run at some bigger names. At the moment, I've got:

G- Chauncey Billups

G- Jalen Rose

F- Tayshaun Prince

F- Jermaine O'Neal

C- Andrew Bogut

6th- Chris Paul

Made some upgrades to my team with the money i had spare. The injured Carlos Boozer is out for Pau Gasol, and Telfair is out for TJ Ford. New look team:

G- TJ Ford

G- JR Smith

F- Dirk Nowitzki

F- Pau Gasol

C- Kurt Thomas

Util- Ron Artest

A stronger looking team to me, but i'll need Artest and Kurt Thomas to start performing, they've knocked 100,000 off my team value in just one week.

Well, my franchise value is down $20,000, but it was down more before I made some changes. I am now riding with..

G Michael Redd

G Rashad McCants (who'd better step up soon here)

F LeBron James

F Kwame Brown

C Brad Miller

6th man Dwight Howard

Howard has been a bit of a letdown, but it's still early. I got Kwame cheap because I had Villaneuva, but his playing time has decreased since the start of the regular season. I'm probrably going to dump McCants this week because he simply isn't getting playing time to shine and up his value.

I moved up to #3 spot with $350,000 of capital to spend but can't make any trades.

G - Chris Paul

G - Devon Williams

F - Shareef Abdul Raheem

F - Kevin Garnet

C - Yao Ming - has gained $190,000 since the season started

6th - Memhet Oker - gained $100, 000 this weekend

I want to get rid of Williams for a player that gets more fantasy points but it seems I already used my 2 trades for the week :(

Currently #1 with:

Allen, Ray

James, LeBron

Marion, Shawn

Anthony, Carmelo

Krstic, Nenad

Jones, James

I'm pretty happy with my team. Melo has increased 140k, James increased 200k and Marion increased 210k. I just wondering if I should drop Krsic or Jones for anyone.