TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Big Ol' Smitty

Fantasy Football Help Redux

Through my machinations I've managed to acquire the following 4 RBs. I need to bench one, but can't decide which one.

LT (obviously not gonna bench)

Tiki Barber

Thomas Jones

Warrick Dunn

I'd sit Jones. Start LT & Tiki because they are the best backs of the four. If you are going to go down, at least go down full-blast. I'd probably sit Jones, since Dunn is having the best season of his career rushing-wise and BAL/CHI figures to be low scoring.

Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Brandon Stokley, Dallas Clark, & Edgerrin James beg to differ.

Fitz & Burress have both outperformed Wayne thus far.

Also, I think Thomas Jones has outperformed Tiki Barber statistically.

In other news, I hate Dennis Green.

I have to work from 12-7 on Sunday, so I wont be able to change my fantasy roster, and he isn't announcing the starting QB (Warner or McCown) until right before the 4:15 kickoff. I dont want to start Vick (on MNF vs the Jets) but Vick would be better than starting McCown and McCown not being the starter.

Plus, Warner as the QB sucks for Boldin, my best WR.

Double suck being that if Warner is the QB, I lose my Week 8 bye week replacement for Vick..

Ugh.

In other news, I hate Dennis Green.

I have to work from 12-7 on Sunday, so I wont be able to change my fantasy roster, and he isn't announcing the starting QB (Warner or McCown) until right before the 4:15 kickoff.  I dont want to start Vick (on MNF vs the Jets) but Vick would be better than starting McCown and McCown not being the starter.

Plus, Warner as the QB sucks for Boldin, my best WR.

Double suck being that if Warner is the QB, I lose my Week 8 bye week replacement for Vick..

Ugh.

I'm thinking that he'd be stupid not to start McCown, but there's something in the Phoenix air that makes the Cardinals do stupid things...

I have a slight QB dilemma on my hands this week. I can't decide whether I should go with Daunte Culpepper or Gus Frerotte.

Frerotte looks to do well enough in his game against Kansas City tomorrow, but something is tempting me to start Culpepper again. What should I do?

What is Ahman Green's status? What's the chance he'll play, and will he be effective if he does?

If he's out, I have to choose from:

-Bettis @ Cincy

-Chester Taylor @ Chicago

-Chris Perry (Cincy's backup) vs. Pitt

Here's my RB situation:

LaMont Jordan

Rudi Johnson

Larry Johnson

Marcel Shipp

Steckler

Lamont's starting for sure. Who else?

Man, Randy can't get healthy soon enough. I want my Randy Moss Marvin Harrison duo back and kicking ass again, dammit.

Here's my RB situation:

LaMont Jordan

Rudi Johnson

Larry Johnson

Marcel Shipp

Steckler

Lamont's starting for sure.  Who else?

Tough call. I don't see any of the four putting up decent fantasy points. So I'll go by "who will get the most touches" and that's probably Rudi Johnson.

Oh yeah, I've got one of my own. I need to start two of:

Rod Smith

Lee Evans

Troy Williamson

Laverenous Coles

Brandon Stokley

Thoughts?

I need quick help on this one.

I have LT, but my second back situation is shaky at best.

Who would you go with, Kevin Jones, Ronnie Brown or Rueben Droughns?

I wouldn't trust Jones to play as heavy as he has in previous weeks. With the shoulder injury, they're only risking further damage by starting him against Cleveland.

Go with Johnson, for a lack of better options.

Who should I start at my second RB position?

Kevin Jones (probrable) vs Cle

Larry Johnson (probrable) vs Mia

Kevin Jones, Cleveland can't stop the run and jeff Garcia might play, and that threat alone could be enough to open up a few holes.

I feel Miami has a better defense than Cleveland (especially personell wise)

Edit: There's also the potential for heavy rain in the chiefs/dolphins game which will make for a sloppy game that has very little running (reminds me of Steelers v. Dolphins last year when Verron Haynes ended up the leading rusher for the Steelers)

Here's my tough question:

Brian Westbrook or Tatum Bell!?

Both have big play capability (Westbrook in the passing game as much as running the ball) but Bell has been better recently...

(With McGahee as the number 1 back without a doubt)

I'd go Westbrook because Bell still has to share carries with Mike Anderson and it's a crapshoot as to who will break a game between the two. Westbrook will definitely get his touches and receptions, regardless of who Philly plays.

I'd go Westbrook because Bell still has to share carries with Mike Anderson and it's a crapshoot as to who will break a game between the two. Westbrook will definitely get his touches and receptions, regardless of who Philly plays.

That's my initial thought, and what I'll probably end up going to (One of the other reasons I would reccomend Kevin Jones over Larry Johnson), but I'm worried Westbrook is getting pissier and pissier at Andy Reid and will just shut it down till he switches teams next year, whereas Tatum Bell is going nuts with that 10 ypc average

i just know that whichever I choose the other one is gonna have a huge game this week, though I should look at the positive in that I'll prolly not end up seeing either game on TV (Philly game will definitely be superceded by the steeler game, and If CBS is doing a doubleheader, I'm gonna end up with the shitty as can be baltimore game because CBS hates me and thinks I want to see baltimore cus they're in the same conference as the steelers.)