TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HellSpawn

Law & Order

Guest HellSpawn

Hello True Believers!

I have a few comments 'bout L&O.

Why this Bosswoman, S. Epatha Something is/was always mean with Det. Green ?

Why all the hate/hatred against Abby Carmichael (Angie Harmon) from the fans ?

What happen after Carmichael (sp?) spoke with... damn, I just saw one episode and his name is now erased from my mind, the DA, "big nose" guy, they spoke about she leaving the office, I think the office got a new assistant, but that episodes arent still out in Mexico.

Its me or the former DA big kahuna was so much better than the woman?

I know he always thought 1st politics and 2nd law, but still is better than the woman.

Its me or the officers in L&O Special Crimes Unity (Youknow, the rape and abuse group) are totally unlikables?

Mostly Olivia and her partner, 'cause Munch and Ice T are good fellas.

What happen with Benjamin Bratt?

oh well, Thanx.

Guest Vyce

I had a nice big post typed out, and my fucking laptop just ate it all. I'm filled with rage currently.

Maybe I'll post again later with answers to your questions.

For now, this one brief point: THANK YOU for pointing out the biggest problem with SVU. Olivia & Stabler are just WAY too hard-ass.

Olivia's always looking to make someone a victim, Stabler's always looking to bust some heads. It's annoying. Let Munch & T take over!!! Better yet, just get rid of Meloni & Hargitay, and hire the cast of Homicide, I could go for a revival.

However, SVU is still about 100 times better than Criminal Intent, because I absolutely HATE Donofrio (and his female partner) on that show. And I'm a Donofrio fan. I want to watch these shows to get a little bit of reality, not to watch Vincent play fucking Sherlock-Holmes-supercop.

<Why this Bosswoman, S. Epatha Something is/was always mean with Det. Green ?>

Because Green, in his first two-three episodes on the show, fucked up investigations in several cases that led to the guilty parties to be able to get away without being convicted....

<Why all the hate/hatred against Abby Carmichael (Angie Harmon) from the fans ?>

Abby was the total oppostite of the the weak-willed, bleeding heart-liberal stereotype that Claire Kincaid and Jamie Ross were. Fans didn't like the idea of there being a strong female character on L&O who could stand up to McCoy and tell him off and not resort to the "YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOUR A MAN!!!!!" type ramblings that Ross and Kincaid always resorted to whenever McCoy out-argued them on an issue....

<What happen after Carmichael (sp?) spoke with... damn, I just saw one episode and his name is now erased from my mind, the DA, "big nose" guy, they spoke about she leaving the office, I think the office got a new assistant, but that episodes arent still out in Mexico.>

They replaced her with a blonde bimbo character named Serena Southerlyn (played by Elizabeth Rohm. who's claims to fame include a brief stint on Angel and being the star of TNT's giant flop of an original series Bull). Think of a whinier version of Kincaid as played by a blonde bimbo.

<Its me or the former DA big kahuna was so much better than the woman?

I know he always thought 1st politics and 2nd law, but still is better than the woman.>

Adam Schiff was good but his female replacement Nora Lewin was a good replacement. But Nora's no longer on the show and was replaced by Fred Thompson, who plays a totally obnoxious and unwitty right-wing zealot Arthur Branch.

<Its me or the officers in L&O Special Crimes Unity (Youknow, the rape and abuse group) are totally unlikables? Mostly Olivia and her partner, 'cause Munch and Ice T are good fellas.>

I agree that Olivia is an unlikable cunt (especially after the episode that revealed that she willfully sent an innocent man to prison for a rape he didn't commit) but her partner, played by Oz's Chris Meloni is decent.

<What happen with Benjamin Bratt?>

Storylinewise, he quit the force to take care of his dying wife.

Real life, Julia Roberts happened. He started dating her around the time thatr Julia had her big comeback and he quit the show in order to begin a career in movies. Unfortunately bad things happen as Julia ended up using her pull to get him the bulk of his film roles and ultimately dumped him like he was yesterday's trash....

Reguarding SUV, I would think that the best way to go with SUV would be to have them kill off Olivia and pair Meloni up with someone new who he can play off of. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing them bringing Lee Tergesen onto the show (continuity problems and Tom Fontana be damned) and teaming him back up with Meloni as an onstage pair or bring back Chris Noth (who last I've heard has finally buried the hatchet with show creator Dick Wolf) as Meloni's oncamera partner.

As for Criminal Intent, D'Onofrio's character is good but I believe that he needs to be given a better foil than who he has on the show at the moment.

Guest HellSpawn

Thanx for the feedback.

Criminal Intent IMO, is AWFUL. Maybe Im biased against the show, but I just cant stand one single episode of this show. And here they place L&O: CI after CSI and well, CSI rules in so many levels and CI is...

I rememeber one comment about a concert (late 80s/early 90s) of Skid Row/Whit Lion... SR was 1st, WL 2nd, and the comment was that after listeing SR and their powerful and intense show, the WL set was like smoking a regular cigar after a huge MJ cigar... very soft.

(Im sorry if my english is rough, Im translating the comment)

Thats what Im feeling, a great show (CSI) and later "Vanilla" show.