TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter Thread

Guest Smues

I want Houstin to get the wildcard, but on the other hand the last few years has been people the Braves used to bitch slap getting revenge, so I fear that trend continueing.

Guest Staravenger
Yanks have the Z team out there.

Like I said, why bother using up talent against a crappy team? I can see them wanting to play good against the Twins, Red Sox, or any other playoff teams, but against TORONTO? Give some rookies a few games and let some bench warmers get some time in.

Guest Anglesault
Yanks have the Z team out there.

Like I said, why bother using up talent against a crappy team?

Am I complaining?

Just a quick note about the column. I'm probably going to do it a couple days late, to give me proper time to do the postseason awards. I may do a separate column to preview the playoffs.

Guest Anglesault
No idea..but using the term "Z-Team" usually isn't a compliment.

Do you have a better description?

It's the Z team. They absolutely should be playing the Z team after they clinch.

Guest Anglesault
The AAA team perhaps?

Not quite. The whole regular Yankee bench is in as well.

Guest Staravenger
No idea..but using the term "Z-Team" usually isn't a compliment.

Do you have a better description?

It's the Z team. They absolutely should be playing the Z team after they clinch.

Oh...I thought it was a negative comment. Oh well, gives the rookies and bench warmers something to do.

Guest Anglesault

All I ask is that they get a hit tonight. I'm even considering not watching the rest of the game.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Sorry for not starting this sooner. Big game is obviously Anaheim @ Oakland tonight at 10 ET.

Its an amazing series. Both teams are technically in the playoffs right now. Sadly none of the games will be shown on TV, as Fox in ym area will likely show a meaningless Mets game instead.

I'm a bit scared about El Duque, but not that he just pitched bad.

He threw NO fastballs at all, and when he did, they were no where near 90. He either re-injured himself, or hes scared he'll get hurt again if he throws fastballs.

Good GAWD, Ankiel has the stuff working tonight. That curveball that he sent Johnson's way was just retarded.

It's great to see him making headway towards his 2000 regular season form.

Guest Anglesault
Good GAWD, Ankiel has the stuff working tonight. That curveball that he sent Johnson's way was just retarded.

The ball landed in Zona, I see.

Back to the Yankee game, some ass ran on to the field. It's not fair to do play by play on security beatdowns. If we can't see the jackass get rocked, don't tell us what happens!

Guest Anglesault

And there's the game. Fun little game, even if we did lose big (Of course, it wasn't exactly the real yankees anyway) and Pudgito got a hit!

Guest Smues

And Ichiro gets 257 in his first at bat of this 3 game series. Fireworks and a standing ovation just for the tie, should be nuts when/if he hits 258.

That was awesome. I love seeing things like that. It always gives me goosebumps. No one complaining they cut away from the game?

By the way, the announcers at the Giants game said they were talking to Barry Bonds earlier in the weight room, and he said that next year he is going to be bigger, more sleek, and in the best shape of his life. Cue the roid talk, ad naseum...again.

Guest Smues

They cut away from a game? (I get all the Seattle games locally so I'm watching on FSNW) Well I don't care for it, but fuck they did it for Bonds all year if they cut for him Ichiro deserves it too.

Guest Anglesault
That was awesome. I love seeing things like that. It always gives me goosebumps. No one complaining they cut away from the game?

There's poetic justice in them cutting away from a Giants game.

Again, though, I could have waited for them to tell me and show me the hit between innings. You don't just cut away from a pennant race.

By the way, the announcers at the Giants game said they were talking to Barry Bonds earlier in the weight room, and he said that next year he is going to be bigger, more sleek, and in the best shape of his life. Cue the roid talk, ad naseum...again.

I'm positive that man doesn't think before he talks.

No... I'll do one better. They cut away from the hitter before Bonds, barely making it back in time for his at bat.

Guest Smues

Fuck 2-0 Giants in the 2nd. That's what I get for flipping over from the M's game.

Guest Anglesault
No... I'll do one better. They cut away from the hitter before Bonds, barely making it back in time for his at bat.

If Ichiro was still up for Bonds at bat, I'd almost guarantee a split screen.

Last night on (I think) Baseball tonight, they showed the Giants highlights, and that Bonds was on deck. Like a minute later, they do the "OMG MAJOR GAME UPDATE" (and I was sure he crushed one) thing to show Bonds hit an infield single. They've become a parody of themselves

Guest Smues

FSN isn't great either. The Ichiro record is a huge thing, but we're watching the game, we don't need all the extra crap. They keep flashing a line accross the top saying he needs 1. And a minute ago they had some cell phone poll on how many hits you think he'll end with, and they held the results on the screen for an extra ridiculous long time and keep using flashy color crap to fuck with my eyes.