TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

The Ultimate Fighter: Noguiera vs Mir

Looks like we have a certified psycho on the new season of TUF.

“… to be honest, dude, I belong with Napoleon dog. Alexander, dude. Hitler. That’s where I belong. I be conquering motherf*ckers dude, period. Pillaging, shit like that — that’s where I belong, bro. Criminal dog, straight up criminal.”

- Jose Aguilar

See post below.

I screwed up the topic trying to move my earlier post here and can't fix it. Oops.

6908-TUF8-GroupPhoto.jpg

Coaches: Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera and Frank Mir

God/Jesus/UFC President: Dana White

Lightweight Fighters

-Jose Aguilar (17-3-0)

-Fernando Bernstein (2-0-0)

-Junie Allen Browning (2-0-0)

-Rolando Delgado (7-3-1)

-Joseph Duarte (3-0-0)

-Charles Diaz (14-4-0)

-Efrain Escudero (10-0-0)

-Brandon Garner (4-1-0)

-David Kaplan (3-1-0)

-Brian McLaughlin (5-0-0)

-Wesley Murch (4-2-0)

-Shane Nelson (11-3-0)

-Phillipe Nover (5-0-1)

-Ido Pariente (13-4-0)

-John Polakowski (3-1-0)

-George Roop (7-3-0)

Light-Heavyweight Fighters

-Ryan Bader (7-0-0)

-Antwain Britt (4-0-0)

-Jules Bruchez (3-2-0)

-Lance Evans (4-2-0) <---- Yes, Rashad's brother

-Karen Grigoryan (5-0-0)

-Jason Guida (26-13-0)

-Ryan Jimmo (6-1-0)

-Kyle Kingsbury (7-1-1)

-Tom Lawlor (6-2-0)

-Ryan Lopez (5-3-0)

-Vinicius Magalhaes (2-2-0)

-Eric Magee (3-1)

-Eliot Marshall (5-1-0)

-Sean O'Connell (1-0-0)

-Shane Primm (1-0-0)

-Krzysztof Soszynski (16-8-1)

Below is the only spoiler that I've heard so far, keep in mind this has nothing to do with fight results but it does reveal who apparently doesn't make it into the house.....

It's been reported at various forums that Jason Guida couldn't make weight either for his fight or for the evaluation and was cut

Maybe we can get somebody like Tong in here to drop some knowledge on the favorites to win but I'd imagine based on level of competition fough Krystof Sozynski would be a favorite at LHW and I've heard that Ido Pariente and Jose Aguilar should do fairly well too.

I've heard of Antwain Britt and seen a few of his fights... He has good stand up, not so good ground game. But most of his fights were at Heavyweight, so a cut down to 205 should help him. I expect him to atleast make the house.

Joe Duarte is the guy Dana called the LW version of Anderson Silva.

Also, one of the cast members (can't remember which but it was on FozOP) is already fighting in another promotion so he obviously didn't make it in.

Meltzer is saying that this cast has the highest crop of talent in several seasons.

He's also said that from what he's heard, Mir & Nog never get into it because they like and respect each other...but the fighters more then make up for it.

I didn't really enjoy last season much at all, but just on paper this group looks more impressive.

The only thing I REALLY don't like, is the first two episodes with the eight fights per episode. TUF is supposed to make us care about fighters...doing that just seems like a waste. Why not just show clips real fast and move onto the drawmuh.

Another thing that has me interested, is I want to see what Team Nog can do for their fighters. In sheer talent, that has to be the most stacked coaching cast in TUF history. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Anderson Silva & Lyoto Machida? How could you not become a great fighter stuck with them every day for several months?

Another thing that has me interested, is I want to see what Team Nog can do for their fighters. In sheer talent, that has to be the most stacked coaching cast in TUF history. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Anderson Silva & Lyoto Machida? How could you not become a great fighter stuck with them every day for several months?

I know everyone on the net is creaming their pants over the Nogueria, Silva, Machida coaching team... But people are overlooking, Frank Mir also has some pretty great asisstant coaches. He has Robert Drysdale as one of his asisstant coaches, and he is considered to be the best BJJ grappler in the world today.

I always felt Frank Mir would be a great coach. He's not an ego-maniac, and is an extremely intelligent guy. It seems like after his fighter career is done, coaching will be his calling.

It's one thing to be taught by a fantastic pure BJJ guy.

It's a totally different thing to be taught by the Interm UFC Heavyweight Champion, the unbeatable Middleweight Champion, and a 100% completely undefeated top five Light Heavyweight.

Those guys will be getting practical high level MMA Jiu Jitsu, High level muay thai, and...can Lyoto train someone in the style of "Hit before hit"? If nothing else Lyoto can train them how to sprawl. He's got that.

Can we just call Machida's style "The Mime". That's no insult against him, it's just that how he moves around sometimes, I expect that fucker to make a box before going in for a quick strike or exchange.

Talent as a fighter doesn't necessarily equate to talent as a coach. There's been numerous examples of high-level fighters in both MMA & boxing who've found it hard to make the transition. Conversely, there's any number of highly successful MMA & boxing trainers who've never had prolonged professional careers and yet are highly successful and sought-after trainers and cornermen.

Also, complaining about there being more fights (and, in turn, fighters having to somewhat earn a spot in the house) on TUF is flabbergasting.

Joe Duarte is the guy Dana called the LW version of Anderson Silva.

Well there isn't no proof of it yet, just speculation because of his style.

Boo-YAH!

It is a goddamn shame one of those two have to go.

One compares himself to Hitler.

The other claims that his opponent has a better chance of knocking him up then knocking him out.

Awesome.

To this day guys not making weight for TUF still boggles my mind. All that time to get ready with everything on the line and somehow there's always the dumbass that still fucks it up.

Yeah, but he's been cutting weight all his life you know... And he's ready to fight Chuck Liddell. And Anderson Silva. Right now. Just give him 500 bucks.

Right now.

Elliot/Karim was a good fight but Elliot won no doubt about it so it was nice to see him get a shot. Andy Silva dancing up a storm in the previews was fucking righteous and it seems like Junie is the Leben/Jesse of this season. I can totally see him being the guy that Dana was talking to when he said he should've been kicked off 3 separate times.