TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maztinho

FOOD FIGHT V

Burgers or Dogs?

Meat, Tofu, whatever....

PICK YOUR HOLIDAY FESTIVE EATIN'S!!!!

Head to head: Burgers. Not even close. I can not eat a hot dog now if it's not a Schneider's Juicy Jumbo, from a street vendor, or at a ballgame.

But if we're talkin summer holiday meal on the deck, shish kebabs and corn on the cob, baby.

Burgers.

I like hotdogs, but a good hotdog isn't nearly as good as a quality hamburger.

Hamburger, toasted bun, little bit of mayo, black pepper. Goooood.

Burgers. Hot Dogs are on an off for me. I like the ones from the ballpark and Nathan's. Everything else is iffy. And I absolutely hate chicken hot dogs. Holy crap. I couldn't eat hot dogs for a month after eating one.

A good burger always beats a good hot dog. Though Hebrew Nationals are pretty damn good hot dog.

But a bad hot dog always beats a bad burger, because really, how bad can a hot dog be? A bad buger can give you mad cows disease.

Guest Vitamin X

Burgers. Even from the vegetarian standpoint, they reign supreme (Portabello/Eggplant!) over the usually overly-processed hot dog crap. A good sausage is pretty damn close, but there's so many things you can do with a burger, including this:

cc_lutherburger.jpg

which, I'm fairly sure, made my heart skip a beat in fear just looking at that.

I would eat that if I could get my mouth around it, and then force myself to throw it up... yeah, I do occasionally practice bulimia, for shit like that.

But y'know, I'd have to say hot dogs here. I dunno, I know the burger has a lot going for it, but I've just always loved hot dogs. Maybe it's the phallic symbol. If you put me on a desert island and gave me one food forever it would be spaghetti, but my second choice just may be hot dogs. I'm into all those weird sausages too, bockwurst and stadium brats and all that.

ChicagoHotdog.jpg

Hot diggity Dog Mother Fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way more flavor than a slab of ground beef put on a bun.

It really depends, but I'm gonna have to cast a vote for Burgers.

Although, I won't pass up a good Polish Sausage. If it's that vs. a hamburger, i'll choose the Polish.

To expand on my burger vote, there are so many ways you can do a good burger. Beef burgers are awesome. Turkey burgers and chicken burgers- also if done right can be awesome. Hell, I've even had the occassional good veggie burger (Note to vegetarians/health freaks of TSM: I'm in no way dissing vegetarianism or healthy eating, I just don't like vegetarian imitation of meats generally). But how many good kinds of hot dogs are there? I love me some Beef Hot Dogs and pork hot dogs will do in a pinch but Turkey Dogs? Egads! Veggie dogs are even worse. I haven't even had chicken dogs but I'm in no rush seeing how I've heard they suck from several close sources.

ChicagoHotdog.jpg

Hot diggity Dog Mother Fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way more flavor than a slab of ground beef put on a bun.

You can do the exact same thing to a burger. Plus, burgers are actual food, dogs are... something.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I need to try my hand at making my own sausage.

Brian or Marv, either of you guys ever do this?

^

Is there another Brian here besides me? As I previously mentioned, I wouldn't know where to begin with hot dog or sausage.........Marvin would know though. He's my cookery and HDTV source.

There was a guy who's user name was actually Brian. He was a mod. Hm... I wonder if I've surpassed my character. I'll try using my own name as a user name for few days.

Guest Vitamin X
Marvin would know though. He's my cookery and HDTV source.

I wonder why. Marvin has barely posted any sort of cooking advice in here, especially recently. The only thing I remember was him advising us on using cinnamon in chili, and maybe a couple other things that don't immediately come to mind.

As for sausage making, there's a pretty good guide on making some awesome andouille sausage right here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-Smo...ouille-Sausage/

Marvin would know though. He's my cookery and HDTV source.

I wonder why. Marvin has barely posted any sort of cooking advice in here, especially recently.

The chicken cacciatore recipe a few years ago. I'm still not adding anything to my obscenely-good chili (certainly not cinnamon). Plus, I felt bad about the shit he was getting in Up All Night.

How liberal are we going with what constitutes a hot dog? I mean what about HOT LINKS?

The thing is, I agree that a good burger always beats a good hot dog, but are we talking about for the purpose of a BBQ itself or in general?

For the purpose of a BBQ, lets say a 4th of July BBQ......Hot Dogs are a lot more inexpensive to feed the masses, and most people will be more then happy with merely a line of mustard or ketchup(ewww) on their hot dog, where as w/burgers more money to buy all the lettuce/tomato/onion etc etc...plus cheese. Cooking time is also tipped heavily in hot dogs favor.

Taste - Burger

Cost - Hot Dog

Cooking Time - Hot Dog

Extras required - Hot Dog

Me personally, I eat hamburgers enough at non-bbq events where as BBQs are about the only time I am scarfing down hot dogs(although I do love eating them at baseball games but they are damn expensive).

^

Is there another Brian here besides me? As I previously mentioned, I wouldn't know where to begin with hot dog or sausage.........Marvin would know though. He's my cookery and HDTV source.

Hmm, always just assumed your name was "Chris".

There's a "Bryan" that everyone knows (Mr. Staebell, better known as bps21).