TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

WEC 37: Torres vs. Tapia

WEC- December 3rd at the Hard Rock in Vegas

Final Card

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)

Champ Miguel Torres vs. Manny Tapia (for bantamweight title)

Brian Bowles vs. Will Ribeiro

Wagnney Fabiano vs. Akitoshi Tamura

Joseph Benavidez vs. Danny Martinez

Justin Haskins vs. Johny Hendricks

PRELIMINARY CARD (UN-TELEVISED)

Ricardo Barros vs. Mark Munoz

Blas Avena vs. Kevin Knabjian

Diego Nunes vs. Cole Province

Alex Karalexis vs. Bart Palaszewski

Cub Swanson vs. Hirouki Takaya

Shane Roller vs. Mike Budnik

WEC 37- December, Las Vegas

Migueal Torres vs Manny Tapia for the Bantamweight Title

Akitoshi Tamura vs Wagney Fabiano

Bart Pawleczeski (sp?) vs Alex Karalexis

Jeff Curran vs Chase Beebee

LOVE IT

WEC's bantamweight division is quickly become the MMA world's answer to boxing's dominance in the of area of Mexican-on-Mexican violence.

NOTE: No Tamura love, simply because I'd likely be wasting my breath until anyone else sees him fight, too.

WEC 37- December, Las Vegas

Migueal Torres vs Manny Tapia for the Bantamweight Title

Akitoshi Tamura vs Wagney Fabiano

Bart Pawleczeski (sp?) vs Alex Karalexis

Jeff Curran vs Chase Beebee

Hiroyoki Takaya vs Cub Swanson

I (heart) WEC's little men.

BTW there's a post @ BK from a dude who trains with Curran that's said he's out of the Beebee fight and has signed a deal with DREAM.

Urijah Faber protege Joe Benevides will make his WEC debut on the December 3rd card.

He looked damn good in his DREAM bout. A nice addition to an already stacked card.

FINAL CARD IN ORIGINAL POST

2 days away!

Torres in a war

Bowles stays undefeated

My only prediction for Tamura/Fabiano is greatness

Benavidez first round KO

Hendricks first round TKO GnP

Hey - a televised card where I'm legitimately interested in all 5 televised matches... how about that.

I'm friends with a girl who tends bar at the local watering hole and I'm gonna see if she'll put this on one of the tv's for me because my goddamn cable station doesn't carry TSN2 who'll be showing this live.

On that note if anybody knows a good MMA site that'd be streaming this live I'd love to know where.

I'd be stupid not to have Rogers because one of the roomies works for them so we get a discount on the cable/internet and our PVR is free. It just sucks because the likelihood of me avoiding any spoilers until TSN broadcasts this days later is slim.

Odds are out for this one:

Manny Tapia +420

Miguel Torres -550

Brian Bowles -120

Will Ribeiro -110

Akitoshi Tamura +255

Wagnney Fabiano -315

Cub Swanson -205

Hiroyuki Takaya +165

Danny Martinez +225

Joseph Benavidez -285

Johny Hendricks -310

Justin Haskins +250

Mark Munoz -410

Ricardo Barros +330

Blas Avena -165

Kevin Knabjian +135

Cole Province +175

Diego Nunes -215

Alex Karalexis +220

Bart Palaszewski -280

Mike Budnik +170

Shane Roller -210

I think Bowles, Tapia, and Takaya are all undervalued here. I think Munoz is overvalued, but then I don't know much about Barros.

I still Torres will win, but there's no reason for Tapia to be any worse off than +250 or 260. He's not anymore outgunned than Maeda, who was soundly defeated but put up a helluva fight. I think Tapia is far more dangerous.

Maeda is a much better striker than Tapia, and still eventually got his shit wrecked. Tapia's wrestling and jiu-jitsu is better, but any extended rolling with Torres is going to end badly for him. Pretty much his only chance to win is to earn a conservative decision, whereas Maeda at least had a striker's chance, so to speak.

"I'm pretty sure that's the look someone has in their eyes before they stab someone." - Frank Mir on Miguel Angel Torres.

Don't be fucking with a Mexican rocking three names.

He's pretty fuckin' intense that's for sure.

Frank tries his heart out and he usually sucks really damn hard but that was a good line.

So is anyone else as psyched as I am for Torres/Bowles? It's very rare you end up with title bouts between a dominant, established champion and a dangerous, definitive number 1 contender. Some people have been sleeping on Bowles, but stopping Valencia, Louro, Page and Ribeiro consecutively is insane for a guy so early in his career.

I love how Todd Haris was like, "OMG, WTF?"

And then Frank dryly says something like, "It's your standard rolling axe kick, Todd. You hope to catch your opponent off guard and freeze him a little bit so that you can follow it with an upkick." (read in Mir's voice)

Anybody else catch Frank saying "this fucking thing isn't working" when they were showing the main event promos... Aw, man. On a side note, I'm kinda talking myself into Frank having a chance against Nog. Damn you Fight! Magazine.

Don't forget Mir is 200 times the athlete Nog is and better than him at everything. Even soccer is Nog hadn't played it his whole life. :P

Torres looked great, it looked pretty obvious from the get go that his reach advantage was gonna nullify any stand-up advantage Tapia thought he had.

I felt out of the loop though I had no idea Faber lost to Brown last month, and for some reason I thought Condit was gonna be on this card. I need to catch up badly.

Condit has kinda fallen to the backdrop of WEC. Curious to see who they'll dig up to challenge him.

They mentioned a Larson rematch... Lame.

They need to bring 170lbs from the UFC over to WEC... The division is stacked, I know they can dig up a few fighters that are up and coming that aren't ready for the elite class, and put them against Carlos Condit.

Who wouldn't wanna see Hazelett Vs. Condit?