Tyson Griffin vs Marcus Aurelio

Patrick Cote vs Ricardo Almeida

Joe Stevenson vs Gleison Tibeau

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Justin McCully

Jorge Gurgel vs Cole Miller

Melvin Guillard vs Dennis Siver

Corey Hill vs Justin Bucholz

Jared Rollins vs Ben Saunders

I don't know how we managed to put together a thread for 87 before this one. Either way, let's get to discussin'. I'll start: I defy somebody to come up with a viable way for Forrest to beat Rampage.

I defy somebody to come up with a viable way for Forrest to beat Rampage.

He cheats?

I'm actually kinda looking forward to the Tyson Griffin fight. I saw a fight of his against some dude named Thiago, and Griffin did a really good job at standing with the guy, escaping possible submissions, and overall controlling the fight. If this fight is anything like that, it should be great and fast-paced.

The Tavares fight was dope no doubt but it also exposed a fairly large hole in Griffin's game in that he takes too much of a risk by putting himself in bad positions. Will Aurelio be the one to make him pay for that?

The Tavares fight was dope no doubt but it also exposed a fairly large hole in Griffin's game in that he takes too much of a risk by putting himself in bad positions. Will Aurelio be the one to make him pay for that?

But another thing is... Griffin is the type of fighter who is a bad match up for Aurelio. Aurelio has shitty wrestling, and Griffin has good submission defense. I see this fight no different then the Clay Guida fight.

Pretty much, yeah. Griffin could keep this standing and win on that alone.

Thinking on Griffin he's a weird case. Came in strong, had a great bout with Edgar and followed it up with the Guida and Tavares wins but since then I get the feeling that UFC isn't putting as much hype behind his fights. For whatever reason Tibeau and Aurelio feel like a step backwards.

I thought of starting this thread the same day I started the 87 thread but I didn't feel like seeing my name all over the page more then it already is.

I also don't think there's nearly as much to discuss for this card.

I can see Tibeau/Stevenson being horribly uninteresting. Tibeau has never impressed me and moreover has been relatively boring in most fights save the Griffin one and Joe might be playing it safe coming off his tooling.

I hate Cote/Almedia simply because, barring a spectacular KO Cote is likely getting taken down and tapped.

I'm not feelin' Rampage/Forrest, which is odd. I think it's due to TUF, because I was really looking forward to this fight. I think seeing them on TUF has zapped my interest. It also doesn't help that both Forrest or Rampage hasn't fought in nine months. That's quite awhile ago.

I should be interested in this, but I just don't. Still a month to go before they fight though.

I hear that. I think it's going to be a good fight but seeing as how we're coming off of Hendo/Silva, Serra/GSP and BJ/Sherk this one doesn't seem nearly as big as any of those.

So are YPOV & Ivan Menjivar the only heterosexual Canadians ever, or what?

You calling me a queer, illegal alien?

You and Jason MacDonald both.

So are YPOV & Ivan Menjivar the only heterosexual Canadians ever, or what?

You calling me a queer, illegal alien?

You and Jason MacDonald both.

Don't you take pride in talking about how gay rolling with other grapplers is, and how you enjoy doing it?

I bet you'd love to roll with Jason MacDonald... :lol:

I think Griffin is going to pull it off. He's hungry.

Great analysis...

He's so hungry he's going to be eating Rampage's fist.

I'd be remiss to point out that this whole "Forrest is dead" talk surfaced before the Shogun fight so it's not outside the realm of possibility he pulls it out. I just don't see where he can do it. He's not going to out-muscle Rampage like he did Shogun, his wrestling isn't in the league where he could take Rampage down. Won't submit him, almost no chance of KO'ing him too. Forrest is tough but I see this being one of the more brutal championship beatdowns in a while.

I'd be remiss to point out that this whole "Forrest is dead" talk surfaced before the Shogun fight so it's not outside the realm of possibility he pulls it out. I just don't see where he can do it. He's not going to out-muscle Rampage like he did Shogun, his wrestling isn't in the league where he could take Rampage down. Won't submit him, almost no chance of KO'ing him too. Forrest is tough but I see this being one of the more brutal championship beatdowns in a while.

Although Shogun pretty much fought the fight on one leg... I always thought Forrest had a great chance to beat Shogun, although I favored Shogun. He is bigger then Shogun, and style-wise is a tough fight for Shogun, because it was the 1st time in awhile that he faced a very good submission grappler on par with Griffin.

Style wise, Griffin poses more problems to Shogun then he does Rampage.

Man, every time nearly everyone thinks he's going to lose, he usually pulls out a win decisively... except for that Ortiz fight.

That being said Rampage G'n'P victory towards the end of Round 3.

Rampage is probably going to win, but I really feel Forrest has that smothering style that gives people problems. I think his strenth is underrated and he has a pretty damn good chin. I am not counting him out at all.

And Rampage isn't?

He's had the belt for a year. I don't think he's going to take his fight as seriously as he should. Hopefully, Forrest will pull an upset.