TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cataclysm911

Main Event Scene

Guest Cataclysm911

Raw & Smackdown.

Would Brock be there yet? Could Rey pass as ME? Would HHH be moved down? Edge? Eddie? Booker? Does Raw even have more than one ME'er?

Guest NYCTA Bus No. PA1767

RAW

HHH - As the heel champion he was supposed to be, not as the sometimes heatless sack that we currently endure.

RVD - Once he gets his promos together or at least some character depth. The major face after the title.

Booker T - RVD ally, but also in contention for title

Jericho - Hates HHH but allies with him to help defeat RVD and Booker T

Flair - Manager of HHH

Michaels - Manager of RVD

That's four main eventers to build the story around. You can pick up mid-carders as you go.

Smackdown

Big Show - He is the champ and if pushed right could be seen as unstoppable force.

Lesnar - Badass tweener gunning for Show to get his title back

Angle - Cocky heel out to get title but allies with Show for the time being

Edge - Fresh fan favorite against the other three. Also uses help from Mysterio to even the odds.

Guest El Satanico

Not all of these guys would be actual main eventers but all would be high up the card. These are in no certian order.

Raw:

Jericho

RVD

Booker

Kane: Not crazy about Kane but no one else on Raw is ready to be upper card yet.

HHH: ONLY if he would job without bitching.

Building Up:

Lance Storm

Christian

Chris Kanyon

Hurricane: Possible name and gimmick change depending on how fans react to experiments.

Smackdown:

Brock Lesnar: he's ready now

Chris Beniot

Edge

Eddy Guerrero

Kurt Angle

Rhyno

Rey Mysterio: I'd mainly use him with cruiser division but call him up to main event if i have something for him to do.

Building Up:

Matt Hardy

Billy Kidman

Chavo Guerrero

Jamie Noble

Shannon Moore

Tajiri

John Cena: He needs built up quite a bit, but he'll be good main event material in due time.

I'd keep all the cruisers in the division, but I'd make the division more important. Besides these guys will be the "future" so you need to build them up

Guest dreamer420

Raw: HHH, RVD, Kane, Booker T, Jericho

Smackdown: Lesnar, Benoit, Angle, Eddie, Edge

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Keep in mind you are running a hypothetical business here. If you push Eddie to the moon, and the fans hate it, do you continue because you like it? Or do you give them what they want?

Guest The Electrifyer

RAW: Jericho, Booker T, RVD, Triple H, Lance Storm

SmackDown: Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Edge, Brock Lesner

Guest godthedog

cut the brand extension and put kurt angle on top. he's basically a gold mine that fell into vince's lap, all he needs is vince's full support and he can carry the company.

Guest EricMM

That is one of the basic facts of WWE that Vince will never exploit.

Angle is money. Angle puts asses in seats. If angle was on both shows, he would put asses in more seats.

But if the brand extention was cut, Angle would probably be in a lower profile than he is now. Because I don't see HHH going lower, I don't see Brock going lower, and I don't see the Champs going lower. Taker will come back on top. Honestly they'd push Kane as hard if not harder than angle...

You see where I'm going with this?

Guest TheyCallMeMark

RAW

Face: Jericho, Booker T, RVD

Heel: Kane, Rhyno

SD!

Face: Lesnar, Benoit, Edge

Heel: Angle, Eddie, Chavo

Guest Retro Rob

Raw

Faces: RVD, Booker, Goldust

Heels: HHH, Y2J, Steiner

RVD would have an extended Title reign ala HBK in 1996. He would go on to drop the Title cleanly to Booker.

SmackDown!

Faces: Benoit, Edge, Brock

Heels: Angle, Eddy, MATTITUDE~~~!!!

I could care less which of those guys had the Title because they are all great. Well, besides Brock, so we'll just not have him win it.

Guest Cataclysm911

RAW:

Heel: Sean Morley, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Raven

Face: Rob Van Dam, Steve Austin, Scott Steiner, Booker T.

Smackdown:

Heel: Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Edge

Face: Brock, Hugh Morrus, The Undertaker

No one will agree with a lot of my selections, but I see wasted potential in a few people. Such as Bill DeMott & Sean Morley. The right angle, gimmick, look, entrance, moves, etc. That's all it takes. Or a combination of a few of those traits.

Guest Lord of The Curry

Raw

#1 Face- RVD

#1 Heel- Jericho

Upper Echelon - Booker, Steiner, Kanyon, Storm, Michaels, Rhyno.

Smackdown

#1 Face- Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit

#1 Heel- Eddy Guerrero

Upper Echelon - Rey, Edge, Chavo, Brock, Matt Hardy Version 1

Guest Anglesault
Smackdown

Big Show - He is the champ and if pushed right could be seen as unstoppable force.

Lesnar - Badass tweener gunning for Show to get his title back

Angle - Cocky heel out to get title but allies with Show for the time being

That would just put me over the top. Angle playing Stevie to Big Show's Raven.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

All of these choices are using present wrestlers. No Austin, and no injured wrestlers.

RAW

Triple H (He has credibility if nothing else, but he has to be willing to put people over.)

Rob Van Dam (I don't like him, but he is over and is a quick fix for RAW's problems.)

Chris Jericho (He's doing quite well considering he has been buried more than anyone in memory.)

Scott Steiner (You got him, you might as well use him while you can.)

Booker T (He's below the top guys, but he can be used as a good top level face challenger.)

Christian (He's at about Booker's level on the heel side. A better entertainer than wrestler, but fits well with the RAW show.)

Smackdown

Brock Lesnar (He is the main guy in the company right now, and realistically only one guy even comes close.)

Kurt Angle (He would be above Lesnar, if he had not been buried earlier in the year. He's climbing though. Should main event Wrestlemania with Lesnar.)

Edge (#2 Face who gets the #1 spot while Lesnar is suspended. He is not ready to carry a show, but he can hold the fort.)

Chris Benoit (#2 Heel. Better wrestler than Angle, but mic skills hold him back. He joins with Heyman, and feuds with Lesnar up to No Way Out.)

Los Guerreros (They are stronger together. Could fill a role similar to Edge & Christian in 2000. Dominate the tag ranks, and over enough to main event some shows when called upon.)

Matt Hardy (He is quickly outgrowing the midcarders, and his new heel gimmick is getting face heat. He could be in the top tier on Smackdown by the Royal Rumble, if they just give him credibility.)

Guest Anglesault

Anyway

Raw:

Face: RVD, Scott Steiner, Booker T

Heel: Chris Jericho, Christian, Val Venis

Smackdown:

Face: Edge

Heels: Eddy, Benoit, Angle.

Could be a good storyline where those three are like a Triple Threat and Edge has to beat all odds to beat the three of them and get the belt.

Guest Anglesault
How was Angle buried?

Does this sound familiar?

"Haha, you suck! You're a dork! You'll never beat me, you suck! DORK!"

::Edge beats Angle three times.::

And then all the humiliations and the demotion into the midcard.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
How was Angle buried? And how is RVD a quick fix for RAW?

Angle was buried by the Edge feud (not so much jobbing, as the way he was treated throughout), the bit with Cena, and Triple H embarrassing him every week on Smackdown in the spring (The Olympic Thong?).

RVD is a quick fix, because I believe he will stop the bleeding on RAW. RVD is not the next Hulk Hogan like some people seem to think so, but he does have a dedicated fanbase. He won't raise ratings, but he should stop them from dropping farther. Shawn Michaels on the other hand is ratings death.

Guest godthedog

trips made angle look worse than edge ever could have. all edge's victories were barely squeaked out, making the match seem, you know...competitive. trips treated angle like a little bitch on the mic and in the ring, winning pretty easily. say what you will about edge on the mic, he at least looks to be taking it seriously when he's in the ring with a credible opponent.

Guest Anglesault
trips made angle look worse than edge ever could have. all edge's victories were barely squeaked out, .

The cage match.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
trips made angle look worse than edge ever could have. all edge's victories were barely squeaked out, making the match seem, you know...competitive.

The Edge/Angle matches were fine. It was the other stuff. But yes, Angle/HHH was worse.

Guest Mulatto Heat

AS, you honestly think the cage match was worse than HHH pulling down Angle's pants, slapping him on the ass, then beating him easily despite Jericho trying to cheat for him?

Guest Anglesault

Oh no, but don't even try to say that that was a "squeaker." Wasn't it sold the next week as Edge kicking Angle's ass and beating him even as he was hurt?

Guest Anglesault

Who the hell remembers something like that? People remember who won the match.

Guest godthedog

oops. forgot about the cage match, which i'd never gotten a chance to see.

the point remains though that in the ring edge always treated angle like a credible threat, while trips treated him like a joke.

Guest Cataclysm911
Who the hell remembers something like that? People remember who won the match.

I remember Angle making Hogan tap out.

Best moment of the year so far.

Guest bob_barron

Angle didn't get buried at all by the Edge feud? He is the most over person on the entire Smackdown roster

Guest CoreyLazarus416
RAW:

Heel: Sean Morley, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Raven

Face: Rob Van Dam, Steve Austin, Scott Steiner, Booker T.

Smackdown:

Heel: Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Edge

Face: Brock, Hugh Morrus, The Undertaker

No one will agree with a lot of my selections, but I see wasted potential in a few people. Such as Bill DeMott & Sean Morley. The right angle, gimmick, look, entrance, moves, etc. That's all it takes. Or a combination of a few of those traits.

Actually, I'm a Bill DeMott mark, and regardless of the fact that he was in a dying promotion, he was OVER like fuck in WCW towards the end, when he was leading the MIA and his feud with Team Canada. Good worker, if not pulling out classics left and right, but he does give it his all, and could put on a few good matches if given the chance.

I'm actually here to support Cataclysm's choices, as I agree with his reasoning as well.