TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest imajackoff?

Warren Sapp

Guest imajackoff?

For those that did'nt see his interview with Suzy Kolber on Sunday, excerpts of it are here: http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1201/1469682.html

"(Sherman) violated me. He crossed my field, on my day, after our win and violated us and violated me personally. He called me outside my name in a vicious way, as I looked at it, and I said it and I had to let him know I didn't appreciate that."

Boo Freakin Hoo. He puts a guy in the hospital on a garbage play, yet HE'S the victim because somebody called him on it. So Warren Sapp, aside from being the most overrated player in the NFL, you have proven yourself to be a whiny little bitch when someone dares to criticize you.

He also has this pearl of wisdom concerning Packers coach Mike Sherman:

This is a man that (has) never taken a snap in this league, right?" he said. "How would he know anything about respect or what goes on within the game? Don't talk to me unless you been in the trenches, please.

I suppose guys like Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh, who never played in the NFL wouldnt be able to recoginize a cheap shot either. Dumbass.

Guest MD2020

Who cares what he says? He's just going to flap his big mouth, like he does every year, and he's just going to disappear in the playoffs, like he does every year.

Warren Sapp is John Welbourn's personal bitch.

Guest phoenixrising

You know, I used to like Sapp, but I have grown increasingly tired of his posturing. The whole offseason he bitches about Brett Favre giving Michael Strahan a gimme sack for the record. And Sapp was not even involved! Then this. Wow Warren, must be nice to level a guy who isn't paying attention. It's not like you hit quarterbacks anymore.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

1. If the media wasn't so determined to get these sound bites...we wouldn't be hearing him run his mouth.

2. I'm sick of hearing about this. If the guy got right back up no one would have said shit. Stop blaming Sapp for a legal hit and start blaming the NFL for it being legal.

Guest raptor

I don't think Sapp was in the wrong at all, and the running of his mouth doesn't bother me at all. In my opinion he has the skills to back it up. This is from a guy who finds Terrell Owen's posturing endlessly entertaining, though.

Oh, and imajackoff?, I understand where you're coming from with the Lombardi/Walsh comment, but I think that there is a caveat in what Sapp said. I believe he said that about Sherman because he talked shit about a part of the game he had never taken part in (and that it was a legal hit).

Guest Vern Gagne
2. I'm sick of hearing about this. If the guy got right back up no one would have said shit. Stop blaming Sapp for a legal hit and start blaming the NFL for it being legal.

How can the NFL make what Sapp did illegal?

Guest NoCalMike

What Sapp did happens in every game, on a lot of different occasions. Is it wrong, maybe. However it is unfair to put a microscope above Sapp just because it resulted in injury. His exchange with Mike Sherman was way overblown. This was two guys still in the "heat of the battle" mode, so of course they are more prone to cursing, slurring, fighting etc.....

Guest imajackoff?

Within the rules of the game, what Sapp did was perfectly legal. IMO, it was a garbage play because he took advantage of someone who was far away from the play and was'nt ready to take a shot. He could have taken him out of the play with a simple shove. With that said, a majority of this IS Clifton's fault for not having his head on a swivel as he's taught. The real problem I have is Sapp portraying himself as a victim, when he is the one who sent someone to the hospital. That's classless.

Guest NoCalMike

Well yah, I don't buy for a second that Sapp is a victim of anything. All he has done since the hit is make a jerk of himself and not help sway any people towards his side of the story.

Well, I'm commenting on 15 years of football playing experience but only seeing the play once or twice on replay a week ago. From what I remember, the hit itself was legal. Sapp came from the side and plastered Clifton. It looked no different from any crack back block you see wide recievers throw on safeties and linebackers numerous times a game.

However, legal is not the same as clean. The interception return was 20 yeards away and Clifton wasn't in any position to catch the returner. Barring a complete reversal of field and a retreat for some reason, Sapp and Clifton were effectively out of the play. However, Sapp saw the chance to put a lick on someone who didn't see it coming and took it. I've been a defensive lineman for a long time, and I'll admit that on picks I'm always on the look out for someone to lay out (especially the quarterback ) but only when it was in the flow of the play. You go out to lay a malicious DIRTY hit on someone and it will come back to bite you on the ass. I'm hoping and praying the Bucs play the Pack in the playoffs just to see what happens to Sapp's knees after a long afternoon of cut blocks and probably an illegal chop block or two.