TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
edgehead69

Why isn't TNA getting it?

Who really books the crap that is TNA.... Its the same old shit week after week... change the freakin storylines and build up yor top stars to immortality.....

Guest Bammey

Russo.

Yeah it's getting pretty bad.

All the dusty finishes.

The face/heel/tweener in Joe and Angle every month.

AJ being a puss.

The bad storylines(Eric Young contract, Abyss/Mother)

The other problem is they give the title to any fresh big name face within 6 months of being with the company. Kills potential build.

Main Event scene being surrounded by the same people although the addition of Chris Harris is nice.

Russo is booking this like its WWF circa 97, Stone Cold Kurt Angle isn't cool bad ass face like Austin was he's unlikeable jackoff.

He has one set of booking ideas "this guy needs to be this character" it's just that you can't make people into Austin and the Rock.

I actually liked the Eric Young contract storyline, I think it could have had more potential, but overall I think its added to Eric Young and Robert Roode, definatly moved them away from 'Those guys from Team Canada'.

Ok, Abyss storyline has sucked, think everyone agrees on that one, which is why they've dropped it and never mentioned it again. The future storyline of Monster v Monster has potential.

Angle is better now then he was when he first appeared in TNA and had no direction and was being a Tweener and not pulling it off at all.

Only thing that annoys me is the total lack of direction of the X-Division and TNA losing what made them TNA.

I actually liked the Eric Young contract storyline, I think it could have had more potential, but overall I think its added to Eric Young and Robert Roode, definatly moved them away from 'Those guys from Team Canada'.

Ok, Abyss storyline has sucked, think everyone agrees on that one, which is why they've dropped it and never mentioned it again. The future storyline of Monster v Monster has potential.

Angle is better now then he was when he first appeared in TNA and had no direction and was being a Tweener and not pulling it off at all.

Only thing that annoys me is the total lack of direction of the X-Division and TNA losing what made them TNA.

Total non-stop action? They've had too much of that, to let people sink it in.

I'd say its been Total Non-Stop Drama more then action, but I see your point yeah. Too much action outside the ring rather then in it, watching the old shows only adds pain to this cause.

Abyss as Gene Simmons is truly worrying, and won't help.

I find it laughable that TNA thinks Lance Hoyt is straight. A man with a tramp stamp? I think not.

Wasn't the Abyss angle a Dutch Mantell creation? I think he's worse than Russo and Russo is god awful.

Wasn't the Abyss angle a Dutch Mantell creation? I think he's worse than Russo and Russo is god awful.

The Abyss storyline is mostly Mantell, yes. Where Mantell has one over on Russo is that when Mantell has booked on his own, he's actually turned business around; he took the IWA in Puerto Rico when it was on the outs and he was able to help it go toe-to-toe with the rival WWC promotion

I sometimes think the X Division can't really recapture the magic it had going on in 2002-03 when the company first started. It just seems like most of the guys in it aren't as good as they used to be (Lo-Ki, Lynn, etc.) or maybe it's just I've gotten desensitized to the wild spots.

TNA's major problem is that they have yet to have a really compelling face champion in their entire existence. They constantly have Jarrett or the Heel of the Week with the belt, maybe a face wins it and is a transition champ. Christian was okay as a face champ but is better suited to heel.

Of course that compelling face champ might end up being Jarrett, but that's another story.

Its True... Their characters are as stoic as stoic can be.... But AJ is really entertaining.... im sure him and cage are good friends ya know... They really neeed to step up there game... I mean whats gonna happen... A TNA STINKBOMB AT Wrestlemania 24?

Russo isn't writing the majority of t.v. I believe he is only classified as a consultant. Do you think if he was, we'd have had a 45 minute World Title Match last week, and a 20 minute Tag Title Match this week?

I do applaud them for slowing the fuck down a bit with Impact. The past couple of shows have at least had time to breathe, rather than the constant barrage of 3 minute matches, 30 second interviews, and mass chaos. The chaos comes from having too many guys and not enough TV time.

The 'Russo is just a consultant' deal wasn't true, and in fact was considered such a joke that Mantell started ribbing Russo by referring to him as 'Consultant'.

The booking in TNA is, or was as of a month or so ago, handled by Jarrett, Russo and Mantell, with Jarrett making the final call on things but with all three having a say. Impact was being mostly written by Russo. I don't know how much of that has changed since Jill Jarrett died, because it's impossible to say how Jeff's attitude has changed. He might have taken a more hands-on approach and steered things more directly, or he might be content to just side with Russo or Mantell depending on how they argue their point.

The booking team is actually Jarrett/Borash/Tenay/Cornette/Russo/Mantell I thought? With Russo and Mantell writing most of it and Jarrett doing the Vince final approval? Not that it matters cause TNA still sucks for the most part.

The booking team is actually Jarrett/Borash/Tenay/Cornette/Russo/Mantell I thought? With Russo and Mantell writing most of it and Jarrett doing the Vince final approval? Not that it matters cause TNA still sucks for the most part.

The booking team is Jarrett, Russo and Mantell. Cornette voices his opinion on his own segments and I believe helps with their production as well, but he has no real influence over booking as a whole.

last i've heard was Cornette and Tenay handle a majority of the booking and Russo handles the promos of the show, (hence the Christy/Hoyt makeout session)

I'd like to see a return to the way TNA was in early '03, where it was a blend of episodic, crash-TV booking and solid wrestling matches that lasted more than a few minutes. It also helped that the wrestlers had more defined personalities back then, but alas...

I'd like to see a return to the way TNA was in early '03, where it was a blend of episodic, crash-TV booking and solid wrestling matches that lasted more than a few minutes. It also helped that the wrestlers had more defined personalities back then, but alas...

I wasn't following TNA too much back then. Who was booking?

I really think that a second hour of TV would really help. It would allow matches to go longer then 3 minutes and you can have more emphasis on other wrestlers, specifically the X-Division guys.

I wasn't following TNA too much back then. Who was booking?

Changed every month, mostly Jarrett, but it was kind of a "booking via HUGE committee" bit of attempted synergy.

I prefered the 2004-2005 era when it was about AJ vs Daniels then Joe came in to add more to the already awesome feud over the Division X belt. Ever since then its been up and down with what seemed to be alot of disgruntled former WWE people deciding it was a good idea to attack the WWE on tv thinking it will make them look rebellious when in fact it they became what they hate and the personal grudges made months of very bad television.

If TNA could get a two hour slot and book shows the way they were in early to mid 2003, they would be in MUCH better shape. Nothing fancy, just really solid wrestling presentation.

The problems with TNA have always been with the booking rather rather then the length of their TV shows. Unless that changes, then it doesn't matter how long Impact is. TNA were at their best when they focused on great matches that were backed up with simple and easy-to-understand storylines. They should stop trying to be funny with all the lame skits, because they rarely work and serve only to highlight how amateurish they are. TNA need to focus on what they can do well, the wrestling, and pull back on what they can't do well, the SE soap opera. It's not rocket science.