TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jimmy no nose

Danzig gets knocked out

http://home.comcast.net/~starchildxx/danzig.mpg

It's not my site so I don't know how long it will be up. Maybe someone else here can host it on their own just in case.

I like Danzig a lot as a singer, but I found this really funny. Basically, Danzig had some show scheduled where there are a bunch of bands. Danzig's sound crew showed up several hours late, so the show was pushed back. Danzig was originally supposed to play at 10 but the show started late. Danzig decides that he should still play at 10 and the other bands can go on after him if they really want to. Danzig's crew ends up taking everything down after his set. All the other bands are pissed and some fat guy from one band decides to go and confront him about it. The big fat guy's just saying they can't play because they're taking down all the stuff already and everyone is disappointed and Danzig just flips out. "FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER" and throws him for pretty much no reason. What was he thinking? I thought Danzig was a martial arts expert, shouldnt he have been able to block it? The reactions from the Danzig fans are funny as hell.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I really can't state how hilarious it is to see that pompous wanna be badass get his lil tough guy attitude handed to him.

Now all I need to see is Phil Anselmo get rocked by some kid wearing a Taking Back Sunday shirt.

A member on Braveboard posted this story last night (his friends were involved), so I've been salivating waiting to see this shit.

Here's the story as he posted it on bwbk.

This was originally typed by my buddy Ryan of the arizona band Mercitron(also formerly structure of lies who did split with misery index):

ah, what a weekend

Started out Friday working with Rapid Fire at the Danzig show. Went with them to Tuba City to play with Danzig. We met up with the Northside Kings at Danny's house. Had a great time riding up there with Dan Fox, Sweet Valley, and Justin. We met up at the worst Pizza Parlor in flagstaff and had some fun.

We got to the gig in Tuba City a little after six. There was like 12 bands or something and it was supposed to start at 1. Apparently Danzig's production company along with the stage crew bringing in the stage messed everything up and the first band was playing as we drove up. Ridiculous. So, they told us that all these bands were gonna play 10 minute sets, and that RF and Northside would get 40 minutes right before Danzig. Northside has played up there several times with Soulfly and has a following and they were guaranteed some big bucks as well.

So, this sounded a little sketchy. And apparently not one of the bands was from there. They then said RF was gonna go on at 9 and then NSK to follow and they were gonna cut some of the bands. It gets close to 9 and other bands are playing. Weird shit. These guys come to Danny and tell them that they are gonna play after Danzig because Danzig HAS TO go on at ten. Danny offers the guy a black eye. But they smooth it out, tell him that all the kids are gonna stay, blah blah blah. So, Danny says that they have to have Danzig announce that these other bands are playing after. Of course this doesn't happen and some other guy announces some other bands before Danzig's set. None of them being Rapid Fire.

So, Danny was getting pissed. And Danzig's crew spends forty minutes doing nothing on stage. So, Danzig doesn't go on til almost 10:30. Oh yeah, A band that drove 28 hours from Canada to play had all of their stuff set up on stage and were about to play their fifteen minute set when Danzig's crew came up and took all of their stuff off stage for them. They were tuned up and about to play. A dick move for sure. So, Danny is just like "I want to kill that motherfucker, I know we're not gonna get to play and I'm not playing to 30 people in this huge venue" the whole night.

Danzig finishes up close to midnight. We're getting ready to throw everything up on stage. The Venue turns all the lights on. Turns off all the power amps (which you can't just flip back on on a PA like that). The PA starts to be taken down and everyone leaves. So, we're backstage in this huge hall. Some kids had snuck back there and were getting pictures with the band members. Danzig came back and started giving autographs and taking pictures with people while this was going on.

Danny is steamed to say the least. I told Danny that now was his chance to confront this motherfucker on this. He looks back at Danzig and says he's gonna do it. So, he goes and stands in the autograph line and I told the guy filming the Northside Kings DVD to get the camera out ASAP. (The best part is that Dan and Ian from Rapid Fire were pissed that they weren't gonna play and they plugged in their amps in the hall and were playing solos loudly while this all happened).

So, I can see Danny just steamed up. He walks up to Danzig and shakes his hand. He tells Danzig that we drove 6 hours to play this show and that it was ridiculous that we couldn't play. Danny asks him who does he think he was that he couldn't push his set back an hour to let us play. Danzig asked him why we didn't go play right now. Danny tells him that the crew was taking down the PA and all the kids have left. (Now Danny was not yelling, was not getting in Glen's face, and was not even being a dick. He was just posing this question to Danzig.) Danzig replies with "Fuck you motherfucker!" and pushes Danny as hard as he can. Danny sprung back with a big hook right to Danzig's face while screaming "who the fuck do you think you are putting your hands on me!". Danzig goes down like a sack of potatoes. He's bleeding from his mouth and is fully stunned. A couple of these "security guards" push Danny back. He screams "that was some self defense shit bitch!" I was laughing so loud, and Dan Fox screamed "YEAH!!" and turned his amp up louder and started ripping solo's. Danzig had no idea what to do. the security guards picked him up after a good forty five seconds and ran him to the Van.

We started shoveling all the gear into the vans, as some of the locals were yelling "that was a cheap shot" balh blah blah. (How is it a cheap shot if a guy pushes you, and you're looking right in his face when you punch him?) We thought we were gonna have to fight the whole town. But the people that saw it knew that Danny didn't start it. That was the best part. Danzig assaulted Danny! haha. The video camera was hidden as soon as possible. An ambulance came over to the bus. There was cops there at the show, and none of them ever even talked to Danny. This was on the Navajo Nation, so who knows if anything would have been done anyways.

I will never be able to listen to the Misfits, Samhain, or Danzig again. And it was so worth it. One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Glen is known for his cockiness and trying to be tough and he got straight up put in his place. I love (most of) the guys music, but he is known to be nothing but a dick. All these kids defending them have no idea if they weren't there. And please kids, remember that the Misfits were never even really known until Metallica covered two of their songs in the late 80's. The song Mother is the only other reason a lot of people know who he is. He

is not a god. He is some dude that plays music. He was not influential in the 80's like everyone on AZ Punk is talking him up to be, and Alice Cooper started Horror rock more so than him. The man got shown a dose of reality, and there was only a few 100 people there too. He's not filling arena's or anything. So, give it a rest. It was an amazing night to say the least.

Well he is like 40 something. He was probably thinking "God damn you're lucky this isn't 1978!" or something like that. That might be his excuse. I dunno......Danzig still kicks ass.

Guest wayzing
Danzig goes down like a sack of potatoes. He's bleeding from his mouth and is fully stunned. A couple of these "security guards" push Danny back. He screams "that was some self defense shit bitch!" I was laughing so loud, and Dan Fox screamed "YEAH!!" and turned his amp up louder and started ripping solo's.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly how do you stop laughing hysterically at the picture of this?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Danzig should go get Malmsteen and jump those guys in return.

Didn't one of the guys from Def Leppard beat Danzig up, too?

And the funniest thing about it is Glen went on a tangent about being a master of "3 or 4 deadly martial arts". Now, maybe it's just me, but if I was the master of multiple martial arts, I'd know how many it was; not this vague three or four crap.

I remember Danzig had a problem little Scott Ian from Anthrax. Scott, God forbid, said in a radio interview he was a fan of Danzig and the Misfits and at the time Danzig didn't want anyone talking about his past.

Danzig was supposed to do a interview at the same radio station after Anthrax. He heard Scott on the radio and called up and told them if they didn't get Scott out of there by time he arrived he was going to beat the piss out of him.

So they rushed Anthrax out of the building. That's the way I remember the story, anyway.

The Def Leppard story is different every time you hear it. It's hard to say what is actually true. The story that went out was that Viv Campbell had knocked down Danzig and he was bleeding. Danzig of course denied everything and Def Leppard didn't say much about it.

I do remeber reading an interview with one of the guys in Def Leppard who finally told the story. He said that they were all in line for some food and Danzig was walking with some hot soup. Viv's wife was standing facing the opposite direction. Rather than asking her to move Danzig just yells something like "Get out of the way bitch" so Viv turns around and kicks him in the ass and he falls and drops his soup. The red stuff on the ground was soup and not blood and Danzig got up quickly freaking out before a ton of people ran in between them. That's actually a really funny story either way.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Damn that was a quick dead on shot.

And how the hell does that bitch yell "cheapshot"!? Is there any possible way that can be considered a cheap shot?

Maybe Danzig shouldn't have started a bunch of shit with the Misfits in the 90's......Doyle could've probably whipped his ass.....hell Michael Graves might've been able to do it.

Guest FrigidSoul

To hell with Danzig. I'd kick his poser ass as well. Danzig being some tough guy with a thirst for blood is as much of a bullshit story as Marilyn Manson being what he is on stage in his everyday life.

I'm waiting for this video to download because I've always wanted to see Danzig get his come'up'ns

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Danzig should go get Malmsteen and jump those guys in return.

They've unleashed the fucking fury.

The guy who hit him is from the band North Side Kings. I actually like them...they have a Billy Milano-esque tinge to their hardcore.

Danzig just proved that he believes his own hype way too much.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

They need a drummer..Danzig, Malmsteen..Lars? No, too obvious. What's Chuck Biscuit doing these days? He's the quintessential random drummer.

They need a drummer..Danzig, Malmsteen..Lars? No, too obvious. What's Chuck Biscuit doing these days? He's the quintessential random drummer.

Chuck's fine with me. Although Phil Collins is a drummer and is known for being very tempremental. They'd also need a bass player, and last I heard Bootsy Collins wasn't doing anything.

Guest FrigidSoul

Phil Collins is the man. He's too good for this suggested band. I mean how many other people have driven a person to suicide by writing a song about them which blamed them for the death of another? The song also reached #1 on billboard charts.

Also those Reagan puppets in the Genesis video owned all.

Judas Priest drove people to suicide by just saying "do it." I think THAT is much cooler.

This kinda reminds me of the story of how Dave Mustaine was kicked out of Metallica. The night before James and Lars gave him his bus ticket back to San Francisco from New York, they were in the studio and James and Dave got into a fight. Dave was drunk, as always, and James was like "go ahead, hit me, bitch." Dave goes "okay," and then throws James halfway across the room. Isn't Mustaine a black belt in Judo, or something?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

No, he's a drunk headbanger. He might know Judo, but that's probably just coincidence.

I want to un-nominate Chuck Biscuits ... the guy's truthfully too cool for the band being created. Didn't he leave Danzig because Glenn wanted him to sign some "I won't drink or do drugs" contract? Plus, he was in all sorts of good punk bands before he started playing with Danzig; definitely too cool for this band.

Danny Marianinho released the following statement about what went happened that night.

Before crazy rumors begin to spread I would like to explain what happened:

"NORTH SIDE KINGS (web site) were to play with DANZIG last night in Tuba City, Arizona. To make a long story short the whole show was a disaster and a few bands got bumped off. Mr. Danzig (or his management??) refused to push back the original scheduled time slot so NORTH SIDE KINGS and RAPID FIRE would have to play 'after' his set. Whatever — we agreed to play later because we drove 6 hours and didn't feel like going home without playing.

"Needless to say, as soon as DANZIG was finished, the venue turned on the lights and DANZIG's crew and the staging company began to take the stage apart almost instantly. I confronted Mr. Danzig backstage while he was signing autographs and told him I thought he was an asshole because of his 'rock star' attitude and no consideration towards the FEW other bands that got bumped off tonight. In a fit of rage he turned around and slammed me into the wall yelling 'Fuck you, motherfucker,' trying to be a big, tough guy in front of his fans. I, in self-defense, punched him in the face, knocking him out as he was attacking me again. He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he got knocked to the floor so quickly.

"A friend happened to tape the entire incident and this is all documented. Many witnesses saw him attack me, and I did what any man would do.

"It was unfortunate that this went the way it did — and I hoped Glenn Danzig learned a valuable lesson tonight: Do not lay your hands on anyone unless you can handle what may happen.

"I apologize for nothing, except for the poor little kids that had to witness this big asshole get his ass kicked in a matter of seconds..."

Credit: Metal-Sludge.com

I wasn't sure if I should make a new topic, but here's some Danzig/Misfits news.

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/ne...ewsitemID=24571

DANZIG, DOYLE (featuring ex-MISFITS guitarist Doyle), MAYHEM, DEVILDRIVER, DEATH ANGEL and EYES OF FIRE will be teaming up for this fall's edition of the "Blackest Of The Black" tour.

"Blackest of the Black" organizer Glenn Danzig had this comment regarding the package: "At least in the foreseeable future... this will be my last tour. It seems like I have been touring my whole life and I want to take some time for myself and do many of the things I've always wanted to do, like direct my first feature film, which I will be doing this next year."

With regards to his decision to invite former MISFITS bandmate Doyle to take part in this year's festivities, Glenn said, "To do this right, I invited DOYLE to join DANZIG on stage at 'Blackest Of The Black' for a 'special guest' MISFITS set. This is the first time we will be performing on stage together in 20 years. It's the closest thing to a MISFITS reunion anyone is ever going to see!"

DANZIG will be supporting their new album, "Circle Of Snakes", due on August 31 through Danzig's Evilive label (Regain Records in Europe). Tickets for this year's "Blackest Of The Black" tour will go on sale July 25.

WOW. That is crazy. It's cool that Danzig and Doyle will do a set, but I wonder what Doyle's solo stuff will wound like. I think I may have to check that out.

Sign in to follow this