TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sho Funaki

WWE 24/7

Guest Sho Funaki

I recently signed up for WWE 24/7. I'm enjoying it a lot although I see lots of areas to improve. If you have it, what do you think and how can it be better?

Love watching the old Florida and AWA wrestling shows but they only show one new hour of each every month. I know their is tons of footage. Throw us a bone and give us an extra hour or two a month

The Monday Night War segments are cool. Like how they are back to back so you can compare how things were on that week.

Love the old school house shows

I enjoy watching the ECW and WCW Saturday Night programs a few times a month but since this is WWE 24/7 why don't they do the same and show the weekly shows for Superstars of Wrestling/Wrestling Challenge etc...starting back in the early 80's at least? Some great stuff on those shows.

Why no World Class wrestling segments?

Old PPV"s are just enough each month !

Just a few of my thoughts.

Guest Overworked

You would think they would have enough material to have a true 24/7 channel with differnet stuff every hour.

Or even if they can't do that make it weekly have all tv shows run by their dates every week

so like Prime time wrestlings for this past Monday's date for every year since 86 this week, then next week the next weeks set etc.

plus when you get into a PPV specific month like this one, they should give you all the Survivor Series to choose from for the month, same with Royal rumble and summerslams etc.

Bumped just because WWE 24/7 is showing the Brainbusters/Demolition match from SNME where the Busters won the belts this month; I've been waiting seventeen years to see this match... and they even left in Ventura's commentary!

Man, wwe24/7 is a treasure. You guys have to check out that Rockers vs. Orient Express match in the shorties section ASAP. What a match. The Brainbusters vs.Demolition match from SNME was great also.

I subscribed to the online version a year or so ago.

Like the loser I am, I saved the links to My Library in the WMP. That in itself isn't so bad, but I resorted everything in chronological order and relabeled all the matches.

I have cable 24/7, not online 24/7...yeah there's some good stuff on there.

I was suprisingly entertained with WCW Battlebowl 93, which is weird considering I hated WCW in the early 90s (not that WWF was any better). It was weird seeing face Flair. Not like the Flair we see today...no, he was in total babyface mode here.

WCW in the early 90s is highly underrated, mainly because their business was so mediocre and WCW had such goofy direction at times (see Watts, Bill). But there's plenty of awesome matches from that time period.

I'll check out that Battlebowl 93 at some point soon. I had no idea that show even existed, haha. I figured they just went from Halloween Havoc to Starrcade back then.

Flair and Austin teaming up against 2 Cold Scorpio and ??? was a fun match. But considering I can't remember Scorpio's partner, it couldn't have been that good. Granted, it's been a LONG time since I've seen it.

Rip Rogers getting his ass kicked was a nice gesture toward Starrcade 1991.

Comcast just took over for the shitty Adelphia here a few months back. Hopefully they will add 24/7 to the cable lineup considering Comcast is a carrier of it.

Flair and Austin teaming up against 2 Cold Scorpio and ??? was a fun match. But considering I can't remember Scorpio's partner, it couldn't have been that good. Granted, it's been a LONG time since I've seen it.

2 Cold Scorpio's partner I think was Max Payne. Easy to forget, lol.

The CWF show when Flair confronted Luger was great too. Sometime this month No Mercy 06 will be showing. Oh yeah, the last couple of ECW shows gave us the great battles of Guerrero vs. Malenko. The last show I watched had the Steiner Bros. and Guerrero vs. Malenko, 2 Cold Scorpio, and Cactus Jack. A fucking wrestling clinic, just great stuff. The best $8.00 a month I ever spent.

2 Cold Scorpio's partner I think was Max Payne. Easy to forget, lol.

Yep it was Maxx Payne - considering the talent of the other three in the match it's easy to see how he'd be the one putting on the forgettable performance.

BattleBowl 93 had some great moments, like the before mentioned Rip Rogers beat down from his own partner (Hawk) on the way to the ring. How about Shockmaster NOT fitting in with the awesome talent of Paul Orndorff, Ricky Steamboat & Steven Regal. Vader & Cactus teaming up after Havoc 93 was just surreal

Makes me want to go to the basement and get my BattleBowl tape out

the only real problem I had with Battlebowl was that, being as how it was the early 90s, faces were faces and they did whatever they could to help the faces, even the faces on the OTHER TEAM! Davey Boy Smith actually helps the Hawk/Rip Rogers team win, doing whatever he could to stop his partner, Booker T's heelish antics. Retarded booking.

the only real problem I had with Battlebowl was that, being as how it was the early 90s, faces were faces and they did whatever they could to help the faces, even the faces on the OTHER TEAM! Davey Boy Smith actually helps the Hawk/Rip Rogers team win, doing whatever he could to stop his partner, Booker T's heelish antics. Retarded booking.

For a case of booking like that worked very well, find a copy of Starrcade 91 and find the Sting/Abdullah the Butcher vs. Bobby Eaton/Brian Pillman match. Abby spends the entire match trying to take out Sting and Pillman's spending the entire match trying to keep Sting from getting killed. Brilliant stuff.

Guest miketheknife

I think the channel is great, haven't missed a program yet. The one thing I have noticed though, is that many of the entrance themes have been dubbed over especially the WCW material. It really takes away from some of the events for me anyway, waiting for the wrestler's theme and then some cheesy music starts playing as they head down the aisle. The WWE should get Jim Johnston working on some similar remixes or something.

Most notably though was that on the Orient Express vs. The Rockers match from Royal Rumble this month in the shorties section, they have even dubbed over the original Orient Express theme.

Anyone noticing this?

How many Shorties are people getting. I'm only getting five. I think that's wrong.

Also, I'm only getting one of the Specials and I think I should be getting more Hall of Fame titles and another Big One too.

from memory, this is all I'm getting:

Valiant Brothers HoF stuff

WCW Battlebowl 93

old WWF Boston show from 85

5 shorties tag matches

11/4 Raw/Nitro

11/11 Raw/Nitro

Andre The Giant special

something else in that group

a bunch of territory

Watching the 11/11/96 Raw, how awesome are the Bret/Austin individual promos for their match at Survivor Series? Those get you hyped to see the match.

I have the Comcast TV version and enjoy it, although they could include a lot more content. I dunno, perhaps they are only allotted a certain amount of space at a time. Also, some of the choices are really obscure. WCW Battlebowl 1993? Nice to have an oldie, especially a WCW oldie, but odd.

I LOVE the "Monday Night Wars" Nitro/RAW back to back that they have on there, but they lump it all into one big 3 hour block of a program. Sometimes I really get bored with Nitro, with Schiavone plugging the nWo every 10 seconds and just want to watch RAW. It would be nice to have them seperate. Also, they are only putting 2 up a month, and right now they're for the last 2 weeks in November, 1996. At this rate, it will be a long time before we get to RAW is WAR and Austin vs. the Harts.

Nice to see them putting up some 2006 PPV's, though. No Mercy is up right now. Last month, I saw a really cool roundtable like discussion moderated by Michael Hayes about the Stars of the 80s. Dusty, Steamboat (I think), and a bunch of others were on there. But, it cut off after about 5 minutes. It did this every time I tried to watch it. HUH?

As long as they don't overload it with Attitude era stuff, I'll keep it. I mean, I loved the Attitude stuff, but it's the 80's material I haven't seen in forever. Right now they have the Primetime Wrestling from after WrestleMania III on there. It's really cool to see Mean Gene doing his "Update" segment from an emptied out Silverdome, recapping what is still probably the biggest and most legendary wrestling event ever. And seeing Heenan bitching with Gorilla over the false 3 count in Hogan/Andre is awesome as well.

24/7 has now added the No Mercy 2006 show, I'll either record it or my brother will do it. I know I am going to record the Battlebowl, since I'm kind of a secret mark for the Lethal Lottery, haha.

While I do not have WWE 24/7 on TV, still fighting with Charter to give me back the NFL Network, I do have the online one and even that is worth the money ever month. However, they are starting to throw the same matches on again in the New In (Insert Month) section, but it is still fun.

Thanks.

Cable 24/7 has that issue...in the year and a half that I've had it, I swear Survivor Series 97 has been on at least 50% of that time. We get it Vince, it's your greatest achievement ever...got it!

I definitely think the WWE 24/7 Online service is worth it at $39.95/year. There's almost 550 videos now w/ about 10-15 new matches added each month . . . well 20 matches w/ 5-10 repeats. Pretty decent mix of major matches and rare segments.

Lushus, they also have quite the bizarre hard on for Armageddon 2002, which is strange considering that show SUCKS so much dick. The only memory I have of it is being outraged at the time that RVD went from main eventing Survivor Series to not even being on the Armageddon PPV.

I watched the DVD I made of Battlebowl tonight, fun show albeit obviously pointless. WCW was fun in that way back then, as in it was fun stuff if you didn't take it seriously or expect anything. Serious wrestling, dumbass gimmicks, lame white meat faces like Watts and Bagwell, etc. Moments I was amused by in Battlebowl, and yes, there are spoilers here for anyone who seriously cares about this show:

--The crowd chanting "Whoomp there it is!" at random points. This WAS 1993 after all.

--The whole bizarre Rip Rogers/Hawk vs. Bulldog/Booker T. (Cole) match. Bulldog was such a tool, cheering Hawk on...then Rip actually WINS the match, haha.

--Rude/Pierce vs. Bagwell/Slazenger...match sucks but I marked for Rude's prematch rant at Shanghai: "I'M your partner tonight, he ain't shit!" And what the hell, I marked for Tex and Shanghai doing the "partners who fight each other bit."

--Mean Gene putting the mack on Flair's maid Fifi the entire PPV. I love lech Gene.

--The Flair/Vader confrontation with the contract signing for Starrcade.

--Ron Simmons teaming with the one Sting wannabe jobber Cole twin, then getting pissed at him for losing and kicking his ass afterwards.

--Main event came down to a very legit FF with Vader, Flair, Austin, and Sting. I don't totally see why Vader needed to win here (who is he, Hogan in the 1990 Rumble?). I suppose it was to keep him strong for Flair at Starrcade, while Flair was carted out on a stretcher.

--I marked for the Shockmaster.

Alright, tonight I am going through my January matches and they have Shawn Michaels Vs. Marty Jannetty from Royal Rumble 1993, it was on before but I have not watched the full thing since 1993 I think. The post-match festivities are awesome with the hightlight being Sherri flipping out and Gene Okerlund going "SHERRI DAMNIT... get a hold of yourself..." just awesome haha.

Thanks.