TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest flairfan

July WWE 24/7 Discussion

Guest flairfan

July 2007: Superstar and Stripes Forever

It’s a celebration of Americana all July on WWE 24/7 On Demand as the most patriotic Superstars and flag-waving events are featured as part of “Superstars and Stripes Forever”.

LEGENDS

Hall of Fame: Dusty Rhodes – Follow the career of the “American Dream”, from his humble roots as the son of a plumber to wrestling Superstardom. Includes classic matches and interviews that showcase legendary rivalries with Superstar Billy Graham, Harley Race and Ric Flair. Plus, Dusty brings the house down with his stirring 2007 WWE Hall of Fame induction speech.

2007 WWE Hall of Fame – An incredible night as the greats of sports entertainment, past and present, gather to enshrine WWE’s newest Hall of Famers. 2007 inductees include Dusty Rhodes, Jerry “The King” Lawler, “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig, Jim Ross, Nick Bockwinkel, The Wild Samoans, The Sheik and Mr. Fuji. Don’t miss this uncut version which shows the entire ceremony and exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews.

THE BIG ONES

Great American Bash 1988 – NWA’s traditional summertime celebration. See “Nature Boy” Ric Flair defends the World Championship vs. “Total Package” Lex Luger. Barry Windham battles Dusty Rhodes for the WCW U.S. title. The WCW World Tag Team titles are defended as Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard face Sting and Nikita Koloff. Plus, a Tower of Doom Cage Match with the Road Warriors, “Gorgeous” Jimmy Garvin, Kevin Sullivan, Ivan Koloff and others.

Old School (Philadelphia 1984) – Classic card from the Spectrum in Philadelphia includes Sgt. Slaughter teaming with the Junkyard Dog to defend the good ol’ U.S.A. vs. Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff. Plus, WWE Champion Hulk Hogan battles Big John Studd and much more.

The Big One of the Month will be: The Great American Bash 90, or 96 or 2005.(I hope its 1990!)(So go vote!)

TV CLASSICS

The Monday Night War – Michael Cole hosts two (2) new episodes as WWE and WCW continue their Monday Night battle. RAW features several historic moments as The Rock battles Triple H for the WWE Intercontinental title; Shawn Michaels makes a truly tough decision; and a new WWE Champion is crowned when Bret Hart faces Sycho Sid. The NWO continues to make life miserable on Nitro, while WCW U.S. Champion Eddie Guerrero faces Cruiserweight Champion Dean Malenko.

Saturday Night’s Main Event (October 5, 1985) – Both the WWE Championship and American pride are at stake when Hulk Hogan defends the WWE title against Nikolai Volkoff. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper takes on “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff. Plus, the spectacle that is Uncle Elmer’s wedding and the wild reception.

World Championship Wrestling – Three (3) new episodes from 1985 feature the top talent in the NWA. Highlights include Wahoo McDaniel battling Arn Anderson for the Southern Heavyweight title. Superstar Billy Graham vs. Abdullah the Butcher. Others in action include Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Midnight Express, Rock ‘n’ Roll Express and Nikita Koloff.

SHORTIES

Hacksaw Jim Duggan presents patriotic classics. Matches include:

Yokozuna vs. Lex Luger

Edge and Hulk Hogan vs. Billy and Chuck

Sgt. Slaughter vs. the Iron Sheik

Sting vs. Nikita Koloff

Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dude Love and the Undertaker vs. Bret Hart, Owen Hart and the British Bulldog.

Now that RAW and Nitro are each 2 hrs long (original running time), they really need to stagger them. Instead of presenting an entire 3 hr block of straight content, they should start each show on alternating weeks, just to allow for some breathing room.

I know that they want to be able to do a "side-by-side" thing, but truth be told 2 weeks for 3 hrs sometimes isn't enough, with this little thing called life going on. Add to this the fact that some cable companies only allow for 24 hrs of storage (like mine, Comcast) before the program resets, and you get people actually deterred from watching stuff b/c they know they won't be able to watch all of it within 24 hrs, and will just have to restart the show at a later point.

And if they decide to expand permanently the MNW availability to 3 weeks instead of 2, then that will only slow things down on their end, in terms of new content.

RAW features several historic moments as The Rock battles Triple H for the WWE Intercontinental title; Shawn Michaels makes a truly tough decision; and a new WWE Champion is crowned when Bret Hart faces Sycho Sid.

Ah, so they will be showing Thurs RAW Thurs.

Guest heyguesswhatidid

They should do the MNW's the way they did Survivor Series 02 where they split it in 2 parts.

One should be Raw and one should be Nitro. Because it's going to be a pain in the ass when Nitro is 3 hours long.

No offense to anyone but I often feel like I'm repeating myself in these threads. I think I said twice in the June thread that Thursday Raw Thursday was being shown in July.

July begins on June 27th and, as far as I can tell, is a 5 week cycle. I assume this is the only reason that a MNW is being held off for 3 weeks (I recall this happening last fall when the programming department didn't realize doing one MNW every other week worked out better than making 2 available for 3 or 4 weeks). 3 NWA shows in July would seem to indicate a 5 week schedule (June 27th, July 11th, and July 25th being the NWA dates, I would assume).

I'm looking forward to that 6 man tag. I wonder what the other 5 shorties will be? Here's hoping for Vader vs. Sting from GAB 92, though that is probably not likely.

i wish WWE's site would still have the full schedule up like they used to, and that Sunflower site isnt exactly realiable most times, i wonder if Wrestlemania will be on this month or next month

Hulkamania Forever!

A MSG show from 1990!

Don't f this month up, WWE/Cogeco (still waiting for NWO 07 and SBIII, don't think they're coming at this point).

I thought that the ME from Survivor Series 93 would end up as a Shortie, but I'm glad to see the entire event is getting played (yeah it's not the best, but I'm a mark for SurSer's and I don't have this one on tape. Love that opening match and SMW tag title bout).

BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE! Which I think I already saw on 24/7 before, it wasn't as dumb as the description sounded, but still pretty dumb.

sounds good, looks like a 5 week theme cool to see a Survivor Series of old on there, i havent seen the 1993 Survivor Series, July looks to be one of their best themes in quite some time

Thanks to Comcast taking over Time Warner's Houston cable service, 24/7 may finally be arriving in Houston in the coming weeks.

I'm considering subscribing, so does anyone here get 24/7 via Comcast. Any complaints about the service?

I was doing a quick glance of the 11/24/90 MSG card...

"featured Sean Mooney, the Honkytonk Man, & Jimmy Hart on commentary". Yikes. Anyway I'm looking forward to Rockers vs Demolition.

"featured Sean Mooney, the Honkytonk Man, & Jimmy Hart on commentary". Yikes. Anyway I'm looking forward to Rockers vs Demolition.

If you watched the Dusty Rhodes dvd, the Rhodes vs. Dibiase/Virgil match is from that card.

Reminds me of the top of the 1/91 MSG broadcast w/ Mooney and Heenan

Mooney: I was expecting to share the booth w/ Gorilla Monsoon or Lord Alfred Hayes . . .

Heenan: I was expecting to be by myself . . . I guess I was right.

God, I love Heenan.

Looks like some good content for this fan of crappy WWF programming. SS '93 is probably among my favorite PPVs, if not my most-watched. Heenan is absolutely GOLD during the Harts match.

Heenan: (referring to the back of Stu Hart's Bruins jacket) Oh, isn't that nice, he's got a picture of Helen on the back of his jacket?

His impersonation of Stu, which mostly consists of old man noises, is umatched, too. Glad to get it, as I had a match from the March to Wrestlemania X taped over most of that match.

Paraphrased from SS 93

Vince: You better watch it Bobby or Stu will come over here

Bobby: Big deal, by the time he gets here I'll be back in the hotel

I loved Survivor Series '93 as a mark, probably one of my Top 5 shows back in the day. Heenan was really on that night, it's too bad he left WWF but his last PPV performance was a good one to go out on.

Man, I hate Time Warner. I want some old school wrestling dammit!

Guest flairfan

Did anyone notice that they skipped the NWA Episodes on TBS from 9/7 to 10/12? That sucks.. where is 9/21? 9/28, and 10/5 episodes?

Guest krippler27

One would assume that the tapes may be lost there is no other reason not to show them.

Check this link it should show you what you are missing for at least 2 of the weeks:

NWA Resource

Krippler

I loved Survivor Series '93 as a mark, probably one of my Top 5 shows back in the day. Heenan was really on that night, it's too bad he left WWF but his last PPV performance was a good one to go out on.

Man, I hate Time Warner. I want some old school wrestling dammit!

That was my first televised event and the only PPV from the old Boston Garden. I always wondered since Boston was a WWF stronghold that it took so long for them to do something there.

I left mad since HBK subbed for Lawler as I was really into his feud with Bret.

Guest Dolfan483

Anyone else think it would make sense to air Wrestlemania 7 since this is Superstars and Stripers month?

Guest flairfan
Hey, if anyone cares, I just got my update, and there is tons of new material.

well, what did you get? please list..