TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

NFL Fantasy Football

Here's my team now, I'm 2-2 (our league didn't play Week 1), and a lot of these guys were picked up after some house cleaning this morning:

QB's: Michael Vick, Byron Leftwich

WR's: Laveranues Coles, Bernard Berrian, Joey Galloway, Reggie Wayne, Greg Jennings

RB's: LaDanian Tomlinson, Cadillac Williams, Frank Gore, Maurice Jones-Drew, Leon Washington

TE's: Jason Witten, Tony Gonzalez, Kellen Winslow

K's: Lawrence Tynes, Matt Stover

DEF: Pittsburgh

Because I'm an idiot, I'm in 6 different leagues, including the KKK Bowl.

Legacy League 1: 3-2. Started off strong with 3 wins, but lack of decent WRs on my team is hurting me. However, my Brees/Hasselbeck QB tandem is helping me out, and picking up Robbie Gould on waivers keeps me competitive.

Legacy League 2: 2-3. I've gone the opposite way with this team, winning two straight. This league has individual defensive players (IDP) and guys like Cato June and Lance Briggs bring me consistent points. The league also rewards yardage and such, so while Tiki has done sweet fuck all in my first league he's getting me points here.

Legacy League 3: 2-3. I joined this league this year, and I started with Trent Green, Antonio Gates, Edge James and not much else. So it's a rebuilding situation.

Yahoo League 1: 4-1. My brother's 8-team league, where I picked 5th and ended up with LT. He's got some fucked up rules, where you start 2 QBs, 3WR, 2RB, 2 Flex and 3 IDP.

Yahoo League 2: 3-2. My post-draft analysis was that my team was probably good enough to put me sixth in the 14 team league and after 5 weeks I'm sitting... sixth.

1. Keeper league

4-1

QB Phil Rivers

RBs Deuce McAllister and DeShaun Foster

WRs Roy Williams, Steve Smith, and Amani Toomer

TE Antonio Gates

K Matt Stover

DBs Charles Tillman, Charles Woodson, Ronde Barber, and Ike Taylor

DLs AJ Hawk, Cato June, Lofa Tatupu, and Julian Peterson

2. Regular league

3-2

QB Matt Hasselbeck

RBs Lamont Jordan and Cedric Benson

WRs Steve Smith and Marques Colson

TE Tony Gonzales

K John Carney

DEF Chicago Bears

NMFL - Currently 4-1, as I somehow won last week only getting 139.33 points in a league that has the following scoring: Passing Yards (25 yards per point), Passing Touchdowns (6), Interceptions (-3), Rushing Yards (10 yards per point), Rushing Touchdowns (6), Reception Yards (7 yards per point), Reception Touchdowns (6), Return Yards (20 yards per point), Return Touchdowns (6), 2-Point Conversions (2), Fumbles (-1), Fumbles Lost (-3), Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3), Field Goals 20-39 Yards (3), Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4), Field Goals 50+ Yards (5), Point After Attempt Made (1), Tackle Solo (1.5), Tackle Assist (.75), Sack (3), Interception (4), Fumble Force (3), Fumble Recovery (3), Touchdown (6), Safety (10), Pass Defended (2), Block Kick (10).

My biggest problem in that league is I've got Rudi, Bush, Addai, and Edge as my HB. I'm almost willing to run 4WRs, since I've got CJ, Santana, Keyshawn, Driver and Walker. For the rest of the cast I've got Bulger, Big Ben, Gonzalez, Davis, and Graham. IDP wise, I'm doing ok, nothing outstanding, but getting some goodness.

In the Go Pats!!!, I'm currently 3-2 winning this week which was after coming off a upsetting loss where I had all my IDP on byes during week 4 and I still nearly won. Its got a short bench, hence instead of trying to fiddle with defense and juggling the lineup and losing players on my bench that I didn't wanna lose, I went into the draft with the idea of drafting the best IDP that all had the same weekly bye and accept one loss for what amounted to a better shot overall at obtaining a shot at the playoffs. So far so good. Even my other loss was a near loss (more because I started Big Ben >_<).

My last league I'm in is the Ben Graham Fun League (TSM sponsered). Its an odd league in which you only get whole points and the scoring is a little mash of everything. Currently 2-3, and again, my HB group is suffering some suckage, but hopefully I can mildly remedy that. No IDP here.

Overall, not bad, but I certainly could be doing better in the last two leagues. Considering I missed the draft completely for BGFL, I'm just happy I'm in the hunt for the playoffs.

I'm currently 2-3 in Flik's league where last week byes hit me hard as I was without Alge Crumpler or Darrell Jackson. Didn't help that Pennington did so abysmally either.

I'm currently 2-2-1 in the TSM 2 league where the QB scoring is practically negligible given the sacks.

In the Pit League I suffered my first loss this week because I stupidly thought Vinatieri would play.

In the NMFL I'm in a bit of a funk, dropping to 2-3.

In the Ben Graham league I'm 4-1.

What you described in your Yahoo league are the same rules I have in mine. What would be "normal" rules?

"Normal" rules would be to approximate a regular NFL offence, minus the O-line. So something like 1QB, 2WR, 1RB, 1TE, 2 Flex. Maybe the 2QB set is a Yahoo thing? I dunno. First time I've ever played using those rules though.

Okay, get ready to bash me, here's the moves I made this week:

Byron Leftwich for Marc Bulger

Picked up Bernard Berrian from Free Agency

Galloway and Jennings for Joe Horn and Deon Branch

Maurice Jones-Drew and Leon Washington for Reggie Bush and DeAngelo Williams

Jason Witten for Heath Miller

Lawrence Tynes and Matt Stover for Josh Brown and Olindo Mare

TSM Fantasy Football(Michigan Bulldogs):2-3(14 outta 20)

I've done everything in my power to scrape together a competent lineup seeing as I've made the most moves in this league at this point and it still may not be enough. I should win this week but for the long haul I'm stuck with Frye and Harrington as my QB's. I have resorted to picking up guys like Peerless Price, Bryant Johnson, and Leon Washington. Unless I can get a trade, things are probably gonna continue to be shaky.

The Year of Ahmad Carroll(Gang Green):3-2(6 outta 10)

This is my buddy's league. I just shit the bed this past week for sitting Galloway. Still, I should be OK b/c I've got a slew of RB's and I have the Jags D.

Ben Graham Fan League(The Big Green):2-3(5 outta 8)

On paper I had a great team but guys like Palmer and Chad Johnson have been somewhat disappointing. I just picked up Berrian, Jennings, and Jones-Drew so that should help me out a lot.

A few more notes:

-All three teams are in Yahoo leagues

-TE's have sucked this year for the most part

-I have LT on all three of my teams

I'm 4-1 (my one loss being this past week) despite missing Portis for the first two weeks. Now I have to deal without Fitzgerald for the next little while. My biggest move was picking up Marques Colston after Week 1, once I saw he was elgible at TE in Yahoo. I also traded Lamont Jordan for Warrick Dunn right back at the beginning of the season and people hadn't quite clues in on how bad the Raiders are. I'll pick up BYE week replacements for my DEF & K when the time comes. I dropped my backup DEF after the Ravens went on a tear and I never carry two kickers outside my bye week.

Current team:

QB - P. Manning, Bledsoe

WR - Fitzgerald, Boldin, D. Jackson, S. Moss, A. Johnson, Jennings

RB - Portis, S. Jackson, Dunn

TE - Colston, Miller

K - Kasay

DEF - Ravens

Wes Welkers:

I'm in a league on ESPN w/ 7 other guys. I'm currently 4-1. This is a high scoring league. 150 points would be a low scoring week for a team. Positional players get points for return yards (every 25 return yards = 2 points) and TD's, as well as DST getting the points, which makes a guy like Wes Welker attractive. Practically anything that happens in a game can get someone points.

We can have a total of 25 guys on our rosters, since we start a lot of people.

Starting line-up consists of:

-1 QB

-2 RB

-3 WR

-1 WR or TE

-1 TE

-1 DL

-1 LB

-1 DB

-1 DST

-1 K

QB: Hasselbeck, Brad Johnson, Charlie Frye

RB: Tiki, Warrick Dunn, Fred Taylor, D'Angelo Williams, Vernand Morrency (scheduled to be dumped come Thursday)

WR: Tory Holt, S. Moss, Andre Johnson, L. Coles, T. Williamson, J. Cotchery, Ernest Wilford (scheduled to be dumped Thurs. in favor of Bryant Johnson), Wes Welker

TE: Todd Heap, Bo Scaife, Jeramy Stevens

DL: Ty Warren (have a claim in for Greg Ellis)

LB: Antonio Pierce

DB: Chris Hope

DST: Miami, Pats (switching out for Denver on Thurs.)

K: Nate Kaeding

We have unlimited transactions, so I'm always making little changes to my team every week (usually bench WR's, def. players, DST's).

Yahoo

I'm 3-2

(2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE)

QB Rex Grossman

RB Tiki Barber

RB Stephen Jackson

RB Willie Parker

RB Warrick Dunn

WR Terrell Owens

WR Amani Toomer

WR Hines Ward

WR Bernard Berrian

WR Jerricho Cotchery

WR Braylon Edwards

TE Jeremy Shockey

TE Kellen Winslow

K David Akers

DEF San Diego

I have a very important question about my running backs. Should I start Reggie Bush who is playing against Philadelphia, or Cadillac Williams who is playing against Cincinnati? Thanks.

Personally, I'd use Williams, only because Bush hasn't scored on offensive touchdown yet this year, and Cadillac, even as unproductive as he's been this year, still has more yards and at least one touchdown. Probably why I got rid of Bush this week, just because he'll be good or great a couple years down the road doesn't mean he'll do anything for me this year.

QB- Byron Leftwich, John Kitna

RB- WillisMcgahee, Tiki Barber, Maurice Jones Drew

WR- Randy Moss, Darrell Jacskon, Reggie Brown, Donald Driver, Matt Furrey

TE- Randy McMichael

K - Mike Vanderjagt, Jeff Reed

D - Denver, Minnesota

Yahoo League 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1D

It is Byron's bye week so should I start Kitna or pickup Alex Smith, Damon Huard, Jake Plummer, Brad Johson, Gradkowski, Roethlistberger or Joey Harrington?

I'm 5-0 and #1 in my pay league. I seriously have no idea how, the last game I won was by 1 point thanks to a Jason Elam extra point. Heck, I was starting the Packers DST :S

Starting positions: QB, WRx2, RBx2, TE, K, DST

QB - Leftwich, Plummer

RB - LT, Kevin Jones, Sam Gado, Michael Turner, Maurice Jones-Drew

WR - Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Mushin Muhammad. Michael Jenkins

TE - Kellen Winslow, Eric Johnson

K - Elam

DST - Falcons

Here's a weird question, who do I start at RB this week? I was considering benching Kevin Jones for Michael Turner....SD's RBs have a chance to rip up the shitty Niners D just like Larry Johnson did a few weeks back.

Two different teams in yahoo.

First team is just complete shit. 1-4, 6th out of 6 teams.

Then in the public league, I'm 3-1-1, and 2nd out of 10 teams. My roster in that league:

QBs: Bulger and Bledsoe

WRs: Boldin, Bruce, Cotchery, Reggie Wayne, and Doug Gabriel

RBs: Steven Jackson, Foster, and Barber

TEs: Shockey and Clark

K: Kasay

DEF: Redskins and Steelers

Guest Princess Leena

In my main league, my WR core is so bad that I'm desperately waiting for Yahoo to add someone so I can start him this week. Ugh.

Most of my teams either suck or are totally average, only 2 leagues i'm going OK in are TSM 2 and the SWF league.

I'm 4-1 in the second TSM league with:

QB- Jake Delhomme

WR- Keyshaun Johnson

WR- Muhsin Muhammed

RB- Larry Johnson

RB- Willie Parker

TE- Alge Crumpler

W/R- A rotation of DeAngelo Williams and Reuben Droughns

and 5-0 in the SWF league with:

QB- Eli Manning

WR- Steve Smith

WR- Reggie Brown

WR- Reggie Williams

RB- Ronnie Brown

RB- Willis McGahee

TE- Todd Heap

and the real star of the team, the Chicago Bears Defence. The scoring setup ended up heavily rewarding defence as well, so as long as the Bears D keeps killing everything in their path i'm sitting very nicely.

I play in two Yahoo leagues. The first league is ten team, PPR starting a QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, FLEX and K. I've won this league three years in a row. My team is 0-5 right now.

QB- Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Plummer

RB- Brian Westbrook, Willis McGahee, Joe Addai, Deangelo Williams

WR- Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith, Donte Stallworth, Greg Jennings, Hines Ward, Reggie Williams

TE- Marques Colston

K- Josh Brown

In my other league, I am 4-1 and in first place. Ten teams, standard rules.

QB- Dononvan McNabb, Jake Plummer

RB- Rudi Johnson, Clinton Portis, Lamont Jordan, Julius Jones

WR- Larry Fitzgerald, Darrell Jackson, Roy Williams, Marques Colston (TE)

TE- Antonio Gates

K- Adam Vinateiri

DEF- Atlanta

It is Byron's bye week so should I start Kitna or pickup Alex Smith, Damon Huard, Jake Plummer, Brad Johson, Gradkowski, Roethlistberger or Joey Harrington?

Normally I would recommend Johnson, but I think the Vikings are on bye too. Go with Plummer who is at home to the Oakland Raiders.

I'm 4-0-1 and in 1st place in a ten team league.

My line-up is:

Qb - Eli Manning

Rbs - Tomlinson, Willie Parker, and McGahee

Wr - Darrell Jackson, Roy Williams, and Laverneous Coles

K - John Kasay

Def - Da Bears

I'm 3-2 in my ESPN league and in a 3 way tie for First place

QB: Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers

RB: Reggie Bush, Warrick Dunn, Lendale White

WR: Andre Johnson, Javon Walker, Keyshawn Johnson, Michael Jenkins, Wesley Walker

TE: Randy McMichael, Winslow

D: Bears, Jaguars

K: Rian Lindell (its mainly been a kicker of the week though)