TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter Thread

Tonight the first game is scheduled between the Red Sox and Yankees, but rain makes the game doubtful for tonight. I think their best bet is to play tomorrow's game in the evening, and play a doubleheader on Sunday.

Oakland faces off with Seattle tonight. The A's are holding on to a two game lead in the AL West, while Ichiro is approaching George Sisler's hits record.

The Padres face the Giants tonight. The Padres are barely holding on in the wild card race, while the Giants lead the wild card race, and are just 2.5 games out of the NL West. Oh yeah, Barry Bonds is going for #700.

A great pitching matchup in Houston, as Ben Sheets and the Brewers face Roy Oswalt and the Astros.

I am looking forward to the SD/SF series. The Padres took 3 out of 4 from the Dodgers and the Padres have handled the Giants this year. San Diego has gone 10-3 this year against San Francisco. This Saturday's pitching match up should also be good with David Wells going against Jason Schmidt.

Show of hands, who's going to watch that "Who's Curse is Worse" special on ESPN tonight?

Anyone?

Bueller?

I wish the judge would, after the two lawyers do their opening statements, slam his gavel down and yell "There are no curses, you fucking nimrods!!!"

They say that the steady rain *might* hold off until overnight, but there will be showers around, so I think there at best will be a short rain delay and at worst, a rainout.

I'm willing to bet Dan Shaughnessy appears on this show.

Micheal Kay and Bob Ryan has well.

The whole idea of a curse is b.s. Curses don't exist, and it's basically teling people the Sox and Cubs can't control what happens to their team.

It's basically making up excuses for a few moments in the teams history that they made bad plays.

Shaughnessy makes a fucking KILLING talking about the curse as much as he does, with the book, the specials, devoting columns, and radio time...all for him to make money. Fuck Dan Shaughnessy.

I don't buy the curse because for as many times as they've "choked", they've pulled miracles out of their ass. For every Bill Buckner, there's a Dave Henderson playoff HR. For every Bucky Dent, there's Bernie Carbo tying game six. For every Aaron Boone, there's Carl Yastrzemski and his insane pennant stretch run in 1967. Where were the curses then? Bottom line is, the Cubs and Red Sox haven't put a truly GREAT team on the field since their last championships. That's mostly why they haven't won.

Fuck Dan Shaughnessy.

Very true. If the Sox do win it all this year I wonder how CHB would take it. On one hand the team he's been a "fan" for all his life finally gets the job done, but his little money maker seems moot.

BTW, why didn't ESPN invite the White Sox into tonight's festivities?

I'd say the curse of the White Sox is much better known than the goat crap for the Cubs. I mean, they THREW THE WORLD SERIES. If ever anyone deserved to be cursed it would be a team that did that.

Interesting that the Red Sox and White Sox were both cursed around 1919.

Yankees/Red Sox always have to play interesting games, don't they?

HR overturned already, after Manny broke through the "offensive line" of Yankees and umpires while trying to get through to home plate.

Guest Staravenger

The Yankees nearly get fucked over by a blind 3rd base umpire calling a foul ball a home run. Thank God truth prevailed.

Logan Kensing is no-hitting the Braves through 3! Insignificant, yes, but it's only his second start and in his first game he didn't even make it this far... so I'll take it.

Guest Staravenger
Logan Kensing is no-hitting the Braves through 3! Insignificant, yes, but it's only his second start and in his first game he didn't even make it this far... so I'll take it.

(moaning) Oh Logan...

Sorry :lol:

Logan has walked five in 3.

...and Chipper just hit a three-run homer.