TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
10 Pounds

Do you watch all the stuff?

No question that this channel is awesome, you all know that. However, as great as the programming is, who here actually has the time to watch all the shows ?

When I first got the channel, I've tried not to miss a thing but it lasted maybe a month or so. My evenings and weekends are too short to watch everything I'd like to see and I don't usually watch the shows until 3 or 4 days after they've been posted but I'll still be able to watch my "main schedule" every two weeks.

How many of the shows do you actually watch? What are your "can't miss" shows?

Can't miss

Monday Night Wars: The main reason I got 24/7. Seeing back 1997 again was nice, but my memory was blurred by nostalgia as the year wasn't all as great as I remembered. The rise of Stone Cold and the Canada vs USA feud are classics but Raw is pretty uneventful past Hell in a Cell except for the Screwjob. Nitro has better matches and presentation but we're at the beginning of the nWo over-exposure and the last hour sometimes feels like two. The shows where they had the Hogan/Sting contract signing or the last one where the Bischoff/Zbysko match was made official - total non-stop shilling. A good thing that Raw will pick up in the next few weeks with the Austin mega push. Despite the recent shows, MNW still is my "meat and potatoes" of the channel.

Roundtable: The best show I think on 24/7. Every roundtable was interesting even if sometimes they drift off the topic (such as the recent MNW disscussion which was more Hayes pointing his finger at Bischoff.....I actually forgot Lawler was part of the panel).

NWA/ECW: The wrestling on NWA is pretty much the same matches every week but the promos and angles are the best of the entire channel. I have never seen ECW during its heyday so I watch it because, even 13 years later, it's still a unique show compared to the usual stuff. The wrestling is sometimes ridiculous but it's part of the over-the-top atmosphere.

Meh.

House Shows: I'd watch a match like the Hart Foundation vs pretty much anyone or a IC match involving Santana, Valentine, Perfect or Savage but that's it. I mean, who cares about an undercard involving matches like Sivi Afi vs Brooklyn Brawler or Rene Goulet vs Dino Bravo? I've never cared much about the "Hogan vs Heel of the Month" formula either so seeing the Hulkster doesn't do much for me.

PPV: I used to watch every one of them but it's difficult to find the time to sit through 3 straight hours of wrestling (There's a "stop" button but you know what I mean). I can't remember the last time I've watched an entire PPV. Not that there weren't good shows availlable but I just don't have the time.

WCCW: Used to watch, don't have time anymore.

Shorties: Depends on the theme of the month.

Never cared

TNT Lame skits and comedy.

Prime Time: The Heenan/Moonsoon duo is classic but the wrestling is hit or miss.

HOF: I'll watch if there's a profile of my favorite guys like Bret or Perfect but not for shows about say Bobo Brazil, Don Muraco or Pedro Morales.

I never watch any of the TV shows except for Monday Night Wars.

I don't watch the house shows. The legends matches depend on the legend, but I do try and watch the shorties

Monday Night War was the main reason i got it in the first place as well. I watched ECW every month when I first got it, but I got to the point where I realized I just didn't like it and didn't understand why people did. Almost everything about it is so trashy. So the only things I watch now are Monday Night Wars, Roundtables, the occasional Shortie, almost every full PPV and some of the home videos.

I always watch the NWA shows. I'll usually catch WCCW. I'm going to make an effort to watch Mid-Atlantic. Round Tables depend on the subject. Shorties depend on what is being shown. I don't purchase current PPV's, so I'll try to catch them on 24/7 if there's a particular match I want to see (it helps immensely when they break up the PPV into individual matches - thanks 24/7!).

Other than that, I don't watch anything else.

Guest Smues

To date I'd just watched whatever I could actually watch, because my on demand service is shitty and I have to check all the time to see if it's working at any given time. (Working in a watchable level anyway) but I may have fixed my problems, and assuming on-demand works all the time I'll be watching everything I possibly can.

Can't Miss

RAW, Nitro, NWA

Will try not to miss

Prime Time, Legends Roundtables, HOF profiles, Mid-Atlantic

Will generally watch

Recent PPVs (but only the good matches), older PPVs and House shows, but my OnDemand only saves what I was watching for 24 hours so if I forget and it gets erased, I really don't feel like slowly FFing through a 3 hour show to get where I left off.

Rarely/Never Watch

WCCW (I don't know why), ECW, TNT

I skim through most stuff on the channel, but definitely watch the MNW shows. I'll watch NWA as well but mostly for promos, FF through jobber matches. ECW too but it's very hit or miss. Right now there's too much brawling Gangstas crap on there, but the last show had RVD/Furnas and a Johnny Smith appearance so it was fun (what was up with Taz/Styles trashing Smith?).

Definitely watch the Legends shows whenever there's a new one. PPVs mainly if it's something I haven't seen before, either an old early 90s WCW show that is rare or a recent PPV I missed.

My must watch shows are NWA, The Legends Roundtable, World Class, and now Mid-Atlantic. I'll watch the Hall of Fame profile depending on who it is about. Monday Night Wars are hit and miss (I'll pick it up more once they get closer to the Mike Tyson angle). I'll watch Prime-Time if nothing is on, and I just want to kill some time.

I can't say I watch all the programming, but I do record all the programming. I record shows on my tv and go into the next room and record on that tv. I usually can get it done while doing other schoolwork and such within a day or two of it coming up. I don't really watch what I have recorded, I mainly do it for collection purposes.

I record everything I don't have already and then watch it way later. It's rare that I actually watch much when it is airing. I just go through the tapes in order at night before I go to bed.

I can't say I watch all the programming, but I do record all the programming. I record shows on my tv and go into the next room and record on that tv. I usually can get it done while doing other schoolwork and such within a day or two of it coming up. I don't really watch what I have recorded, I mainly do it for collection purposes.

I do pretty much the same thing.

I watch all the shows from month to month. I admit to accidently not watching a match here and there. I even record (as in keep record here on the computer) of every match/event I watch so I don't watch it a second time. I'd have to check, but my last count was 2,200 matches that I've watched since August 2006 when WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand debuted on Comcast Digital Cable.

I think Flight WWE 24/7 was the theme for that month. It was basically matches that took place across the world. They celebrated the Hall Of Fame career of Nikolai Volkoff.

Here was the schedule

WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand Schedule For August 2006

I watch all the shows from month to month. I admit to accidently not watching a match here and there. I even record (as in keep record here on the computer) of every match/event I watch so I don't watch it a second time. I'd have to check, but my last count was 2,200 matches that I've watched since August 2006 when WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand debuted on Comcast Digital Cable.

I think Flight WWE 24/7 was the theme for that month. It was basically matches that took place across the world. They celebrated the Hall Of Fame career of Nikolai Volkoff.

Here was the schedule

WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand Schedule For August 2006

Have they showed Summerslam 92 since then? I've actually never seen that one.

Yep, that one has been shown. It was back in August 2006, the same month WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand came to Comcast. It's on the schedule in my previous post. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll re-air it sometime in the near future.