TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

June WWE 24/7 Disscussion

June 2007: Hardcore Heaven

Get ready for some wild, brutal, dangerous and intense matches in wrestling history all throughout June as WWE 24/7™ On Demand presents “Hardcore Heaven”.

All your favorites are here too, including:

Legends

Hall of Fame: Gorilla Monsoon – From wrestler to announcer to behind the scenes figure, few have had an impact on the WWE like Gorilla Monsoon. Relive Gorilla’s incredible career, including historic showdowns with Andre the Giant and Muhammad Ali, hilarious moments with broadcast partner Bobby “The Brain” Heenan and Gorilla’s emotional induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

The Big Ones

ECW Anarchy Rulz ’99 – A brutal night of extreme battles. The ECW World Title is decided in a Three Way Dance as Tazz faces Masato Tanaka and Mike Awesome, Rob Van Dam faces Balls Mahoney for the ECW TV Title, Sabu battles Justin Credible and more

Survivor Series ’02 – Who will survive this ferocious night of hardcore action. The first ever Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship features Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Kane, Booker T, Chris Jericho and Rob Van Dam. Brock Lesnar battles The Big Show for the WWE title. Trish Stratus defends the Women’s title is a Hardcore Match against Victoria and much more.

Old School: Madison Square Garden 4/6/81 – WWE Champion Bob Backlund puts the title on the line inside a Steel Cage against Stan Hansen. Pat Patterson takes on Sgt. Slaughter and Pedro Morales defends the WWE Intercontinental title against Moondog Rex.

TV Classics

The Monday Night War – Michael Cole hosts two (2) new episodes as the battle between WWE Raw and WCW Nitro really heats up. On Raw, a No Holds Barred match pits the Undertaker and Ahmed Johnson against Mankind and Faarooq. Plus, Stone Cold Steve Austin takes on Vader. On Nitro, The Giant leads the WCW charge against the NWO when he challenges Hollywood Hogan for the WCW Championship.

History of ECW – Tazz and Joey Styles bring you two (2) new episodes as they chronicle the evolution of extreme. Highlights include “Extreme Superstar” Steve Austin’s ECW wrestling debut as he challenges Mikey Whipwreck for the ECW World title. Plus, Rey Mysterio and Konan take on La Parka and Psicosis.

Championship Wrestling from Florida 8/5/84 – Hardcore action from the Sunshine State hosted by Mike Graham. Great action with Blackjack Mulligan battling Kevin Sullivan in a Hangman’s Noose Match, Cowboy Ron Bass faces Scott McGhee for the Florida Heavyweight title and much more.

Shorties

“The Voice of ECW” Joey Styles presents the most intense “I Quit” Matches of all-time. Includes classic Empty Arena Match between Jerry “The King” Lawler and Terry Funk. The Rock battles Mankind for the WWE Championship. Magnum TA takes on Tully Blanchard in a Steel Cage from Starrcade ’85. Ric Flair faces Mick Foley in a SummerSlam Grudge Match and a whole lot more.

is that Tazz/Tanaka/Awesome match any good?

S. Series 02 is the last PPV I saw before going on my two year hiatus from watching any PPVs or Raw/Smackdown on a consistent basis.

Guest jonnymack

Can't wait for the "I Quit" segment and the ECW PPV! Should be another solid month on WWE24/7.

Here is what it sounds like we'll have on May 30th when the June schedule starts (and I emphasize, STARTS, with more to follow in the weeks after):

TV Classics:

Monday Night War - January 27, 1997

NWA - September 7, 1985

CWF - August 8, 1984

Tuesday Night Titans - November 22, 1985

Big Ones:

ECW Anarchy Rulz 1999

Boston Gardens - November 1, 1986

Legends:

Gorilla Monsoon HoF piece.

Monsoon vs. Blackjack (don't know which one)

Monsoon vs. Lou Albano

ECW Bloodsport (Disc 1)

Shorties ("I Quit" theme):

Douglas vs Pitbull #1

Ric Flair vs Mick Foley

The Rock vs Mankind

Jerry Lawler vs Terry Funk

Tully Blanchard vs Magnum TA

Free Previews section:

WWE 24/7 June

Flair/Funk

Boston Gardens

MNW 2/3/97

If that is the Big Ones lineup, good stuff. The Boston Garden show has Savage-Steamboat (taped after the throat angle but before it aired) and, IIRC, Bulldogs-Hart Foundation in two very good matches, plus Piper vs. Muraco. And Anarchy Rulz 99 might be ECW's best PPV ever.

sounds like a solid line up next month, if i remember right didnt they do a Hardcore Theme last year

I might go with Heatwave 98 as ECW's best PPV. But that Anarchy Rulz PPV is also pretty strong. I'm still a bit pissed at that Sabu/Justin match however, bah. That PPV also had ECW's biggest crowd ever I think.

Guest flairfan

Oh shit Savage/Steamboat. Cant wait till next month.

This match is on the Bret Hart DVD...Right? If so, I would rather watch it off that. 24/7 is too damn pixsulated..

Oh shit Savage/Steamboat. Cant wait till next month.

This match is on the Bret Hart DVD...Right? If so, I would rather watch it off that. 24/7 is too damn pixsulated..

Savage/Steamboat not Hart/Steamboat.

flairfan, do you mean the channel or the website? I don't have artifcating problems with 24/7 On Demand with the exception of programs over 3 hours (then it gets questionable near the end) or when I fast forward and then hit play (a general problem with our OnDemand system).

flairfan, do you mean the channel or the website? I don't have artifcating problems with 24/7 On Demand with the exception of programs over 3 hours (then it gets questionable near the end) or when I fast forward and then hit play (a general problem with our OnDemand system).

I get that sometimes not alot though. It really pisses me off when Im recording. I'm most definetly in favor of them spliting the PPV's into two viewings. Vengeance 2003 looked pretty damn good, and no picture distortion.

That sucks in the ppv dept since I already have anarchy rulz on tape and dvd from the pioneer days. and I recently bought the surseries 02 dvd (and have yet to watch it for some reason)

Guest Kenny Dykstra

Can't wait for next month. Survivor Series 2002 was an awesome PPV with great action, and i'm pretty sure the Feb/'97 Raw episode included the first ECW invasion.

The ECW Raw isn't until 2/24 though, so we'll likely have to wait until July's update since they seem to only be moving at two MNWs per month.

It should be the January 27th edition this Wednesday (which falls under the June theme), followed by the February 3rd episode on June 13th.

June 27th will be the February 17th episode (they skip non-compete weeks so goodbye 10th) but that will probably be the official beginning of the July schedule.

the only thing I really can't wait to see is the Raw featuring Bret's famous tirade. I can never get enough of that. If I remember correctly, didn't he and Sid have a series of matches that night that kept getting broken up by Steve Austin before finally having a cage match that got broken up by UT? Or am I blending two Raws together?

I made the same mistake when glancing over upcoming Raws. I think the February 17th Raw is the Sid vs Bret multiple-start Raw, then sometime before Mania 13 they have a cage rematch where Bret goes nuts.

Guest Kenny Dykstra

Got my update tonight.

Seems June is on now, as i have

Legends:

ECW Bloodsport Part 1

Gorrila Monsoon Profile & Matches

Big Ones:

Boston House Show

Shorties:

Some "I quit" Matches

New MNW from 1/27/1997

I just started watching the Boston Garden show. Can anyone explain to me what the deal is with these arena shows that have such pointless matches that go on forever? Seriously, the opener of this show is Bob Orton vs Billy Jack Haynes, and it's been going for literally 20 minutes now...

Got all the updates this morning. Damn looks like a pretty good month. Hopefully they will be there for you this afternoon DrVenkman PhD. I agree wwe and/or the cable companies need to get their shit together.

I got all new stuff last night. Anarchy Rulz 99, Boston house show (rumble 07 and jd 03 are still on there I guess cuz its not june yet) new legends gorilla, new tv shows for MNW, CWF, NWA, TNT, and still the same ecw show as last week. new shorties rock/mankind, magnum/tully, lawler vs funk empty arena match (cool), Pitbull 1 vs shane douglas, flair/foley

legends roundatble is still up as well

I got all new stuff last night. Anarchy Rulz 99, Boston house show (rumble 07 and jd 03 are still on there I guess cuz its not june yet) new legends gorilla, new tv shows for MNW, CWF, NWA, TNT, and still the same ecw show as last week. new shorties rock/mankind, magnum/tully, lawler vs funk empty arena match (cool), Pitbull 1 vs shane douglas, flair/foley

legends roundatble is still up as well

OH SHIT! I never got the Rumble. I was waiting for that too, dammit

I have everything in this update, but still no roundtable.

I rewatched the Rock-Foley I quit match and man those were sick chairshots. Michael Cole was awful on commentary, thank God Jim Ross was feeding him lines.

The Nitro from the last update was before a Clash of the Champiobns, did Benoit and Sullivan had another wild brawl like they had on Nitro ? It wasn't very WCW-like, with their family friendly policy and all, to have them fight in a crowd of drunken idiots. There was so much chaos that no one in the crowd let the camera crew and Woman pass through. She had to hit people with her shoe and you could hear her yell "Move Goddamnit !" on screen. Wild.