TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 4Life

TNA PPV buyrates very low

Guest 4Life

In reaction to the NWA-TNA/inDemand press release, other sources with cable industry ties (including people within WWE) have said the buyrates have been more in the 15,000 to 30,000 range and can't figure out where the 50,000-150,000 early estimates came from

by Wade Keller

Guest Jerome Drake

15'000-30'000?

There were more people in attendance at Wrestlemania than people renting NWA TNA.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The whole report goes on to say it is too early to have any hard #s as to who is right in their estimate.

"It will be a while before there is any indication whether Vince Russo's fingerprints on NWA-TNA affect buyrates at all. Even when solid numbers become available, there are so many changes being made in how the shows are being marketed that any jumps or dips in buyrates now can't be pegged on any particular booking angle. There remain no reliable indications of the buyrates of the NWA-TNA events for a variety of reasons. NWA-TNA were given figures based on a small sampling of systems that, projected out, would equal well over 50,000 buys. They released a press release with a statement from inDemand stating they were happy with the performance of the first events based on those early numbers, but nothing more has been released since. In reaction to the NWA-TNA/inDemand press release, other sources with cable industry ties (including people within WWE) have said the buyrates have been more in the 15,000 to 30,000 range and can't figure out where the 50,000-150,000 early estimates came from. Trade journal reporters who cover the industry have told me that they're waiting until six or eight weeks after the first event to even begin tracking down independent figures. The only indications Jarrett has given recently is that he is encouraged with the buyrates in the areas that received proper marketing and that marketing overall is an area where some major internal modifications are being made."

But I guess the line about them not knowing what they drew for a while didn't fit in with your post.

Guest 4Life

"Trade journal reporters who cover the industry have told me that they're waiting until six or eight weeks after the first event to even begin tracking down independent figures."

To begin tracking. That doesn't mean someone else isn't tracking this already. I don't see your point. I'm surprised they got this many. I like NWA but they won't be around much longer without any kind of tv deal.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"There remain no reliable indications of the buyrates of the NWA-TNA events for a variety of reasons"

What part don't you get?