TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NoCalMike

TNA X-division

Guest NoCalMike

I would venture to say this because they are selling the division very well. The crowd is responding great and it is producing good wrestling. With all the still untapped talent in the indys, if TNA can hold on to it's spot for awhile then I think the X-divsion could be even more of a focal point in TNA and they could turn TNA into almost an American "ring of honor" Thoughts?

Guest Crippler15

If NWA TNA does suceed a good chunk of thanks can be regarding to the x division.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

I haven't ever checked into ordering an NWA PPV yet, but is the X division really worth my $10?

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I'd pay $25 to see the X-Division itself. Yes, it's worth $10.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Week 2's X title match may be the best match I've seen this year.

It alone was worth 10 bucks easy...as I haven't seen a WWE ppv with a match that good...and they cost more.

Week 4 (these are the only 2 weeks I've seen for various reasons) was well worth the money.

It was a terrific show...seriously...I thought that everything hit its mark...the Lynn/Styles vs. Tempest (Devon Storm) and Slash was terrific...and the 6 man X division match was superb.

Those 2 shows that I have seen were easily worth 10 dollars.

From what I understand about LowKi and Styles...their match should be worth it as well this week.

Add to that another X division tag match and 2 other matches with good storylines...and midgets!!!

Guest Youth N Asia

Is there really definition for the X Divison...they say it's not a cruiserweight divison but that's mainly what it is.

Is it a belt just for the guys that can outwork all the heavyweights.

Last night was my first NWA TNA ppv...I was very entertained...although not overly impressed with Malice

Guest CoreyLazarus416

BUT, YNA, Malice was against Sabu. Who looks good against post-'99 Sabu (Sabu still had some of it in '99, regardless of what SK says)?

Not as good as last week's, but still better than WWE. I'm noticing a trend here...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Malice blew as many spots as Sabu last night.

Malice and Estrada must have smoked crack before they went out...they both looked lost

Guest dpac

low ki and styles had a good match, too bad for that fucking idiot of a fan who was making a scene, most of the crowd was paying attention to him which took alot out of the match, as far as it being worth 10 bucks i say for sure, especially if you are sick of all the wwe shit

Guest TheyCallMeMark

Is it really that much better?

I wasn't aware Styles was *that* good.

I mean I knew Dragon, Ki and Lynn were stars but I think WWE's cruiser divison could rival it (Tajiri, Kidman, Chavo, Knoble). I could be wrong though, The X guys could've gotten better. Is it just better because they're actually being properly pushed or is the talent just better?

I'm am going to order and X-division compilation to see, damnit.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Someone give the man the link to watch the 4 man Xtitle match from week two right now.

Guest Nezbyte

I mean I knew Dragon, Ki and Lynn were stars but I think WWE's cruiser divison could rival it (Tajiri, Kidman, Chavo, Knoble). I could be wrong though, The X guys could've gotten better. Is it just better because they're actually being properly pushed or is the talent just better?

It's JUST that much better. Simply.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Mark, go find FlyBoy's thread in the General Wrestling folder about downloading matches on Hotline. It'll give you the instructions you need to find and get a few TNA matches, most notably the now famous four-way.

I didn't believe the hype either...and then I downloaded that 29-minute monster, which, after watching it again, I've come to decide is probably the best booked, best wrestled, and most exciting match I have seen in...who knows how long. It's so. damn. good.

Now I just need to find a server that has the 6-man X-rankings match from Week 4, and I'm in like Flint...

Guest TheyCallMeMark

You've convinced me.

This is going to be one long ass DL.

Guest NoCalMike

It's not a question of pure wrestling skills. I mean sure Tajiri/Kidman/Noble/Hurricane may be as good, but what good is that if WWE never achknowledges that cruiserweights are a valuable edition to the WWE rather then just use a cruiserweight match as filler in between backstage promos.

Guest Austin3164life

I think the most lucrative aspect of the X Division is that if it receives more attention than the Main Event Division (which it does), it could possibly be one of the first North American promotions to have the X-Division headlining their shows, with the Main Events right before them. It'll cause controversiality, because no one will expect a Cruiserweight-like division to headline shows.

Guest chirs3

Just downloaded the 4-Man Double Elimination Mini-Tournament for the X-Championship...

... aside from an overly colorful color man (Don whoever - "THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEEEEEN!" got a little old) and a few, just a few, unconvincing pins and kickouts, that had to be one of the best, if not THE best, matches I've seen... EVER.

That match SO deserved a bigger crowd, because every time someone kicked out I was expecting a huge "OOOOOOH!" from the crowd, but didn't get it.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

THe match was the last thing on the card of 4 hours of taping (the first 2 hours live...the next 2 taped)

Crowd or not...Goddamn what a match.

It still gives me goosebumps.

Guest goodhelmet

the wwe certainly has the talent to rival the x-division guys BUT since every wrestler is pigeonholed into wrestling the same, tired watered-down style, only very few could break that 'cruiser' stigma.

speaking of stigma, i actually think the x-division label was genius. instead of focusing on the weight of the wrestlers the focus is placed on their ability and i think it helps the perception of the division, unlike the cruiser, junior, or lightweight labels.

Guest MrRant

All I know is... August 13th... REY MYSTERIO JR live baby. Hopefully it will be like the X-Division as that is the reason why I may order the show.

Guest El Satanico

Don't put too much hope into Rey Misterio. I mean sure he was great, but this is WWeee style.

So expect Rey to do lots of mat wrestling(not that it's a bad thing)with a hurricarana and that move jericho does where he springboards off the second rope as his two big moves.

Guest Youth N Asia

I think it's very misleading to the fans to show all of Rey's classic high flying stuff...he pretty much went the same way as X Pac after he got hurt...less flying more mat work

Guest goodhelmet
I think it's very misleading to the fans to show all of Rey's classic high flying stuff...he pretty much went the same way as X Pac after he got hurt...less flying more mat work

i think you guys are mistaking what the wwe style is. wcw incorporated more matwork than i've seen in the wwe since bret hart left. the cruisers in wcw used more matwork than any wwf match i have seen in years. the wwe style is punch, kick, slam of some sort, double knockout, false finish, then screwjob or cheap finish. i'm afraid that either rey will have to work this style or get buried under the hyperbole of the 'established' wwe guys.