TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrRant

HOLY FUCKING SHIT PART 2

Guest MrRant

I was looking at Cartoon Network's schedule and they have "Transformers Armada "First Encounter" " coming on Aug 23 at 4pm. Could my dreams have been answered? He-Man, Transformers and GI Joe making the comeback? Its More Than Meets The Eye.

Guest starvenger

Where have you been? Transformers has been making the comback for a while now, what with the CGI Beast Wars era (Beast Machines never happened, dammit) and the Car Robots series. Armada is simply the one that's getting a giant push, with a comic from Dreamwave Studios, some very-cool toys AND, of course, an animated series. We've been talking about it a bit in the Comics forum, so I suggest you check that out...

Guest Karnage

I hope it doesn't dissapoint like the previous Transformers series with the Digimon-ish feel.

Guest The Amazing Rando

oh this better be OLD-SCHOOL...or I'll be rightly pissed!

I'm already made cause in the RiD series....they made a Grimlock into a F*CKING CRANE~!

God I punched the wall when I saw that...

Guest Lethargic

Just look at the Armada toyline. Yes, this is gonna be that Pokemon looking crap again. I saw the Lazerbeak toy yesterday and I passed out in the middle of Toys R Us it was so horrible.

Megatron Armada Figure

Lazerbeak Armada

Optimus Prime Armada

There is NOTHING old school Gen 1 TFs about this crap.

As far as GI Joe making a comeback....Cartoon Network has already canceled GI Joe. It finishes it's run at the end of August. So that comeback is all ready over.

Guest starvenger

I should point out that while the names are the same, the characters are different. So the Optimus Prime and Megatron aren't the same Optimus and Megatron from G1. I think this series is supposed to be similar to Gundam Wing in that it uses similar robots and such, but it's a different universe.

Anyways, like I was saying before, there is an Armada comic book, which is a prequel to the TV series. I'd suggest checking it out, and the Dreamwave Productions website as well.

That Laserbeak figure IS kinda disturbing though. Here's a link to Starscream to take your mind off of that.

And then head over to the comics forum to read me ranting about the abortion that is the Thundercats #0 comic. Just so you know that I'm not always positive about these things :)

Guest J*ingus

GAWD DAMN, but these new toys suck. Lazerbeak is a friggin' digital camcorder?! Megatron is a TANK!?! Optimus Prime looks more like Ultra Magnus? Count me out.

Guest The Son of Sting

The comic is set in the past (around 1,000,000 years). It is set before Prime and Megatron know each other. The Decepticons are more like a small rebel group rather than a different set of Transformers with Meagtron being their leader.

The comic is very good (imo) and the cartoon will be, if it stays faithfull.