TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael Joel Benoit

HOW DO I POST PICTURES ON MY WEBSITE?

I would like to know how to post pictures on my website? I tried typing the location of the image on my website but it said that it was unable to put the image in my site. Does anyone how to solve that promblem? Also, how do I post other people's work on my website? People post info from other sites on this site so how do I post info onto my site?

I would really apperciate these questions being anwsered thanks?

Guest papacita

Lately, a lot of web hosts have been blocking direct linking from their sites on other servers, so if say, you've got a Geocities site and you wanna post a pic from an Angelfire site, a "roadblock" image will come up to prevent you from using the pic. If you want to use the pic on your site, you'll probably have to save it to your hard drive, upload it onto your site and then link to that.

As for how to post other people's work on your site...I'm not too sure what you mean. What web host do you use?

Edit: Nevermind! I just saw in your sig that you have an Angelfire site. Anyway, I'm still not sure what you mean by posting other people's work, but I've been using Angelfire for a few years now so hopefully I'll be able to help you out.

Lately, a lot of web hosts have been blocking direct linking from their sites on other servers, so if say, you've got a Geocities site and you wanna post a pic from an Angelfire site, a "roadblock" image will come up to prevent you from using the pic. If you want to use the pic on your site, you'll probably have to save it to your hard drive, upload it onto your site and then link to that.

As for how to post other people's work on your site...I'm not too sure what you mean. What web host do you use?

Edit: Nevermind! I just saw in your sig that you have an Angelfire site. Anyway, I'm still not sure what you mean by posting other people's work, but I've been using Angelfire for a few years now so hopefully I'll be able to help you out.

Well, how do save the pictures to my hard drive?

Guest KingOfOldSchool

Well, how do save the pictures to my hard drive?

Right Click > Save Picture As

I tried to post pics on my site but everytime I look at my site there are no pictures and instead there are red x's where the pics should be. Can you tell what I did wrong?

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

A woird of advice. Dont try to build a website if you don't know html. Get a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) HTML editor program and use that.

OKAY! Can somebody help me with this? I did the thing when I right click the mouse and click save as but instead of it saved like a picture for some reason everytime I click it, it says it is not a Microsoft Conversation Chat file. Now how the hell did my picture be saved under Microsoft Chat file? I would just like a simple explanation on how to add images. That is all.

Guest areacode212

First fix the address in your sig, so I can look at your site. Don't use caps for URLs because pathnames are usually case-sensitive.