TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 5_moves_of_doom

PROMO: Respect

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

The locker room of one Taylor Nicholas Thompson is somewhere between pitch-black and awfully-dim, but the faint blue light of a small television screen is just enough to illuminate TNT’s ominous figure. Taylor sits in a nondescript chair, hunched over; his eyes glaring through his streaming dreadlocks, and fixating themselveg onto the TV screen.

While Wilson lays on the mat, still screaming and his hands still flowing with blood, Magnifico grabs Wilson by his legs and slowly pulls them out so that his arms and legs are extended. Magnifico, ignoring the screams and curses from Wilson, walks over to the nearest turnbuckle and begins to slowly climb it. The whole thing has begun to sink in for the crowd, and they unleash MASSIVE, angry heel heat on Magnifico as he reaches the top turnbuckle. Magnifico stands up and turns towards Wilson, still no expression on his face. Magnifico slowly raises his hand to his forehead, saluting his Mexican flags as a tear escapes his eye and runs down his cheek. Magnifico suddenly leaps off of the top turnbuckle, flipping backwards towards Wilson and falling towards him with a Mexican Pride Press! No flashbulb explosions are seen this time, as the crowd is either too busy booing or looking on in awe and disgust! Magnifico makes perfect contact with Wilson, falling right onto Wilson’s gut and missing the flags by a few inches!! Wilson’s lets out one more loud, long, scream…….then nothing. Wilson is silent, his eyes closed and his chest heaving.

Curry: Wilson-Wilson looks like he’s knocked out! The pain must have been too much for him!

NTD: The Mexican Pride Press must have been what did it!

Curry: And now, this sick human being, this sneaky bastard, is going to be our World Champion. I think I’m going to be sick.

Magnifico, who rolled a few feet away from Wilson after the impact, begins crawling back towards Wilson, one hand on his gut. When he finally reaches Wilson, he drags a limp arm over his chest, making the cover. The ref, who is still looking on in shock, suddenly snaps to attention as he slides into position. The crowd begins to scream “NO!’ in unison as the ref begins to count…..

1…….

2…….

3!! The ref’s hand slaps the mat a third time, giving the win to Magnifico! The ref slowly pushes himself to his feet, obviously still shocked as he signals for the bell. The crowd’s angry boos and yells can be heard, even over the loud dinging of the bell.

DING (You’re sick, Magnifico!) DING (Oh God, that’s disgusting!) DING (Someone help Wilson)

Funyon: Your winner, and the NEW IGNWF World Heavyweight Champion…….El Luchadooooooorre Magnificooooooo!!

The crowd’s boos become even more intense as Magnifico’s name is announced. Small pieces of garbage begin to fly into the ring as the ref motions for the paramedics to come down to the ring. The paramedics rush down the ramp, rolling a stretcher down as they run. Two paramedics roll into the ring with gauze and bandages, then drop them on the mat as they begin to pull out the flags. One of the flags come out, then the other, and the blood begins to gush even faster and thicker! The paramedics drop the blood-stained flags on the mat, then begins to quickly wrap up Wilson’s hands. Magnifico slowly pushes himself to his feet while this is happening. The ref goes to the outside and grabs the World Title, then rolls back into the ring and walks over to Magnifico. The ref hands a dazed Magnifico the belt, then raises his arm in victory as the Mexican National Anthem begins to play. Magnifico hugs the belt, tears running down his cheeks, as the paramedics tend to Wilson.

“Hmmm… well, I should probably avoid getting crucified with Mexican flags… I’ll make a mental note of that,” Taylor mutters to himself jokingly, though in a slightly more grave tone than one might expect. “…Three World Titles, one Tag Title, Five Light-Heavyweight Titles, longest reigning World Champ of all time…”

Edwin pumps his fist into the air and shouts at Raynor, caught up in the adrenaline of the moment…when his arms are suddenly hooked from behind by Magnifico. ELM, who managed to get to his feet during Edwin’s attack on Raynor, suddenly breaks for the nearest corner with MacPhisto in tow, and begins running up the turnbuckles as he reaches it! Once Magnifico reaches the top turnbuckle, he springs backwards off of it, backflipping over Edwin’s head and landing on his knees, slamming MacPhisto’s skull into the canvas with a Baja California Crusher! This time, the reaction is almost entirely boos, as Edwin lays face-down on the mat, with ELM barely managing to stay on his knees above him.

Stevens: Holy crap! Magnifico got back to his feet as Raynor tried to disrupt the match, giving him the opportunity to take Edwin completely by surprise with a Baja California Crusher!

Riley: Yee hah, match over!

Magnifico remains on his knees for a few seconds, ignoring the boos of the crowd, before he grabs Edwin by his shoulder and slowly turns him onto his back. But instead of covering him, ELM then grabs MacPhisto’s legs and twists his body so that he is parallel to the nearby corner! MacPhisto remains motionless on the mat, his eyes closed, as Magnifico painfully struggles to his feet, almost collapsing the moment he stands. ELM heads over to the nearby corner and begins to slowly climb it, the boos growing louder and louder the higher he gets.

Stevens: The fans are completely lambasting Magnifico for taking advantage of Edwin’s distraction! And it doesn’t look like ELM is done yet!

Finally, Magnifico reaches the top rope, standing straight up on the top turnbuckle as he does so. ELM carefully turns away from the fans, nearly losing his balance as he does so, and looks down on Edwin, who still hasn’t moved an inch. Suddenly, Magnifico turns towards his Mexican Flag and proudly salutes it, before leaping off of the top turnbuckle! ELM flips backwards in mid-air as he crashes towards Edwin, looking to land the Mexican Pride Press!! Thousands of cameras forever capture the scene of Magnifico slamming himself directly into MacPhisto’s gut, landing his aerial finisher with amazing precision! ELM practically bounces off of MacPhisto, laying motionless right next to him as the crowd goes ballistic.

Stevens: Baja California Crusher and Mexican Pride Press!! Will Edwin be able to escape?!

Riley: No!

Stevens: Yes!

After a few seconds of no movement from either man, Magnifico slowly lifts up his arm and lets it drop….onto Edwin’s chest. The ref slides into position and begins counting, as the fans become impossibly loud…

ONE…

TWO…

THREEEE!! The ref springs to his feet and signals for the bell, which is almost drowned out by the resulting crowd noise!!

DING DING DING

Funyon: Your winner, and the NEW, SWF World Heavyweight Champion….El Luchadooooooooorre Magnificooooooooooo!!

Stevens: Oh my God!! New champ! New champ! Magnifico has triumphed over the Carnival’s leader, and has become a two-time World Champion!!

“This is going to be tough… no doubt about that.”

Sacred slowly rolls off of the luchadore and begins pushing himself back to his feet, holding his head in pain as he does so. After a good bit of struggling, Sacred finally stands, collapsing against the ropes to keep himself from falling back to the mat. Suddenly, Sacred notices the beat-up steel chair, still in the ring from its previous use in the match. Muttering angrily to himself, Sacred pushes himself off of the ropes and heads over to the chair, kicking it halfheartedly towards the luchadore as Magnifico begins pushing himself to his feet. Sacred then walks over to Magnifico, still shaking off the pain in his head, grabs ELM by the arm, and begins pulling him to his feet. Once Magnifico is standing, Sacred positions him in front of the steel chair, before bending over, grabbing Magnifico’s legs, and lifting him into the air for the Black Number One! But as Sacred lifts ELM over his head, the luchadore suddenly lunges forward and grabs the back of Sacred’s legs! Magnifico then pulls hard on Sacred’s legs, yanking himself out of the Aussie’s grip is he slides down his back! ELM then rolls forward, dragging Sacred down to the mat and pinning him with a Reverse Victory Rollup! A surprised pop rises from the crowd as Sacred kicks and struggles wildly, desperate to escape as the ref slides into position...

ONE...

TWO...

THREEE!! Sacred escape a millisecond too late, kicks his legs out and sending ELM flying backwards to the mat! However, the damage has already been done, as the ref turns towards the timekeeper and signals for the bell to a massive pop from the fans!

DING DING DING

“Your winner, and the NEW, SWF World Heavyweight Champion...El Luchadooooooorre Magnificooooooo!!” announces Funyon, nearly drowned out by the capacity crowd.

Magnifico rolls out of the ring right after hitting the mat, stepping to the outside as Sacred pops to his feet, a confused and pissed-off look on his face. When the ref tells Sacred what he happens, he looks around wildly for ELM, looking as if he’s about to kill the luchadore! He finally catches sight of Magnifico slowly walking backwards up the entrance ramp, a triumphant smile on his face as he revels in Sacred’s anger. The Aussie immediately charges towards the ropes closest the entrance ramp and hangs over them, curing out Magnifico as he screams at the luchadore to get back in the ring. ELM simply laughs, enjoying the moment as “Mission Trip to Mexico” comes over the speakers, drawing another pop from the jovial crowd.

“He did it!” proclaims Stevens. “I’m not sure I believe it myself, but Magnifico has done it! After all the carnage these two men wreaked on each other, ELM finishes by completely surprising Sacred with a Rollup!!”

“…but I can do it… I can… I MUST. Then I’ll have the respect that I deserve and Frost will take me seriously and I’ll be back in the Magnificent Seven,” TNT continues to motivate himself. “Then the fans will see the real TNT, and I’ll prove that the Clusterfuck was no fluke, and everyone will see that I’m not a joke. I’m Taylor fucking Thompson, dammit… and they’ll see what I’ve been holding back… I’ll prove to them that I’m more than putting weasels down my tag team partner’s pants, I’m more than yelling ‘EXPLODE~!’ after everything that I say, I’m more than running into walls…”

As HVT and Magnifico stand in the middle of the ring, Magnifico takes his draped arm and pats HVT's back. Mag says something to HVT, but it's inaudible. However, seemingly out of nowhere....

...HVT GRABS ELM WITH A ONE HANDED CHOKEHOLD!!!

<Curry> OH MY GOD!!! NO!!!!

<NTD> NO!!!!

HVT gets a sadistic grin on his face just before hie lifts ELM high into the air with one hand. HVT spins around in a complete circle, and then slams ELM down with a spinning chokeslam.... .ONTO THE STEEL CHAIR!!!

<Curry> It was all a damn farce!!! A lie!!! The HVille Thugg is a sick human being!!! He will do anything!!!

<NTD> I'm in utter shock!

With NTD's jaw on the floor, HVT drops down and make the cover as the ref slides in.

ONE!!

TWO!!!

THREEEEEEEE!!!!

DING DING DING

<Curry> Can you believe the HVille Thugg?? He saved Magnifico from Anarchy's clutches...and then used his guise of friendship to hit the Untamed onto a steel chair!!!

<NTD> Wha...I...oh....my.....wha....huh??

HVT rolls off of ELM and throws his hands in the air as the arena shakes with boos. NTD can't belive it, neither can Curry and I'm sure that the viewers at home are equally in shock.

<Funyon> Your winner....AND NEW IGNWF WORLD CHAMPION.......THE HVIIIIIILLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE THHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

"Who We Be" hits the speakers as the referee hands HVT the ICTV and the World Title belts.

<Curry> I can't believe what we just saw here! If you look at the carnage all around the ring. It was all done by the sadistic HVille Thugg. The Thugg saved Magnifico from Anarchy, only to destroy him with an Untamed onto a steel chair!

HVT pushes both titles into Mag's unconscious face, and berates him as his music plays and the fans nearly drown it out with boos.

“I am the future. I am TNT and I am the revolution that this federation is yet to experience. From the Fire… just a couple of weeks away… well, I’ll be ready.”

Magnifico runs to the ropes and tries to climb up and over Sacred, but his arm gives away! Sacred, at that precise moment, realizes his oppurtunity, and throws Magnifico over the top rope! But ELM manages to land on the ring apron, and as Sacred turns around, Magnifico grabs him by the head and drops him on the top rope with a Guillotine!

"That was Sacred's strategy!" Riley finally works out, "He didn't try to ground Magnifico, but knock his most devastating move out of his arsenal! Sacred had us all fooled, but he knew what he was doing! He has been waiting for this opputinity for so long, and he wouldn't make a mistake!"

"Oh shutup!" Stevens growls, "Magnifico is still in this! Just watch!"

Sacred chokes and clutches his neck as Magnifico, tired and worn out, climbs up onto the ring apron, leaping to the top rope, and springing off, grabbing Sacred around the head and twisting him around, looking for a Tornado DDT! But Sacred manages to hold onto to the little Mexican, grabbing his arm in mid air an spinning him around again, before falling forwards, nailing Magnifico with a CRUEL FATE off his shoulders!

"CRUEL FATE! THAT'S IT!" Riley cries, "No one has kicked out of it, no one! Sacred has a plan all along, and now he's just three seconds from his dream of becoming world champion!"

The crowd looks on in disbelief, making a lot of noise, trying to stir Magnifico, but he's knocked out cold. Sacred clambers over and hooks him by the leg as the fans chant along, hoping desperately, praying that Magnifico kicks out...

"O"

"N"

"E!"

"T"

"W"

"O!"

"T"

"H"

"R"

"E"

"E!!!!!!" YES! HE'S DONE IT! The crowd looks on stunned as the referee lifts a weary Sacred's arm into the air while he's still on the mat. Sacred looks around the ring, not believing he did it himself, as Magnifico lays but a meter away from him, lifeless and no longer a world champion. Funyon gets on the stick to confirm the crowd's worst fears.

"The winner of this match and... NEW! SMARKS . . .WRESTLING . . . FEDERATION, WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION . . . SAAAAAACCCRREEEEDDD!"

One can almost see the flames in Taylor’s eyes by now. His hands form into fists, and his voice is much louder than it has a right to be. “I HAVE to win! This is my chance. Fame, fortune… all nice, but that’s not what I must win for. I must win, for RESPECT. Frost’s respect. Tom Flesher’s respect. The entire Magnificent Seven’s respect…”

True to Riley’s word, The Superior One heads down the ramp, drawing a mixed reaction from the crowd as they see him. Flesher walks up to the side of the ring, an annoying grin on his face, and watches intently as Magnifico begins pushing himself to his feet. After a bit of struggling, Magnifico finally stands up, unaware of Flesher’s presence. He soon becomes aware, however, when he turns around and sees Tom staring at him. ELM heads over to the ropes and shouts something along the lines of “What the hell are you doing here?” to Flesher, who doesn’t answer Magnifico. ELM, looking frustrated and angry at Tom’s presence, begins to climb out of the ring, when he is suddenly locked into a Full Nelson from behind! TNT, who got to his feet while Magnifico was distracted with Tom, then pushes his hands against ELM’s neck and immediately falls backwards, slamming the luchadore’s head and neck into the canvas with a Tiger Suplex! The crowd OHHH!s and begins to boo wildly as Magnifico falls onto his stomach after the Suplex, unmoving save the occasional spasmic jerk of a limb. TNT slowly crawls over to ELM, turns him onto his stomach, then makes the cover, drawing the ref down to count...

ONE...

TWO...

THREEE!! The ref pops to his feet and signals for the bell, awarding the match to Taylor! Flesher’s grin only grows wider as he turns on his heel and heads back up the ramp, his job finished.

Funyon: Your winner, by pinfall...T-N-Teeeeee!!

AC/DC’s “TNT” hits the speakers once more as Taylor slowly gets back to his feet. The ref tries to raise his hand in victory, but TNT jerks it away, instead throwing both arms into the air himself to the great displeasure of the crowd. Ignoring their boos, Taylor rolls out of the ring and heads up the ramp as Flesher disappears behind the curtain.

“…The Suicide King’s respect… The fans’ respect… EVERYONE’S respect.”

Suddenly, the lights come to life, and a familiar, hulking figure is in the doorway, concealed within a cloud of cigar smoke.

“Taylor, what the hell are you doing with the lights out in here?”

“Oh, hiya Frosty--… er, hey Frost. I’m just doing some research… gotta be prepared, ya know,” Taylor says, just a tad more lighthearted now. “This looks like my one shot to get back into the M7, wouldn’t you say?”

“…Listen… TNT… I’m not sure that the Magnificent Seven is the best faction to be a part of right now… There’re a lot of disputes going down. It’s changed a lot since Wilson let go of the reigns, you know.”

“Well… that’s no reason to not want respect, is it? That’s no reason to not be prepared…”

“Well bud, there’s nothing that’ll get you prepared more than a trip to the weight room… and a good smoke, too. I was just headed there to bulk up a bit myself… gotta match against that face CIA, you know… but nonetheless, I need a spotter. You should get some sets in yourself.”

“Well… fine, I guess I’ve been cooped up in here for long enough… nineteen Magnifico matches… I’d say I’ve covered the psychological half of my homework for tonight. You still pressing as much as you were when I left?”

“Yeah, even more. Now let’s go. The night is young, and if you want Magnifico to ‘watch you explode,’ then you’re going to need a solid hour or two,” Frost says, putting out his cigar on the hallway wall. “Oh, and Taylor?”

“Huh?”

“I never thought I’d be saying this… but… lighten up, will you? …Boy have you changed…” Frost says to himself amusedly, before lumbering out of the doorway and down the hall.

Taylor sits alone for a moment, reluctant to leave his studies… “Respect…” he mutters to himself diligently.

And with that, he exits the room, even more preparation ahead of him.

~FIN~

---

OOC: Yeah, I know... it's not too good, really... but I was hoping that some "deep" thoughts and old match clips would conceal its shittiness, heh. Anyhow, it DOES get a point across, and that's a start for ELM and I's currently (pretty much) nonexistant feud. Gives Taylor motivation, and lets the reader really know where he's coming from. And iff I misused Frost... well, I didn't really ask for permission, so sorry... but meh, I just used him a little bit there in the end. Nothing that can really hurt the character too much. Oh, and why is TNT in his lockerroom the night before a show that he's not booked for? Well, we'll have to give that case to Nancy Drew, now won't we. :P But yeah... not my best work... it has a point though, so I guess that's good. I might be leaving town so I might not be able to be booked (again) for this next show... however, I'll fix up yet another promo or two, which will both definitely be better than this one, to make up for it.

- Taylor "Writing 24,000 Words Drains You For a Long While, Yes It Does" Thompson

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

Showing Me Up=(N)

Ah well, good job, TNT. I really enjoyed reading it.

Guest Powerplay

First off, it's cool to see someone using more flashbacks than me, even if they are in video form. Very nice use of ELM's past victories and defeats. Secondly, I like the stuff with Frost and TNT going past the comical "Big Dog, Little Dog" Spiel and have Frost giving TNT more respect and such. I find that something very cool and very good for TNT getting past being a second banana and getting his own shot at the spotlight.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Secondly, I like the stuff with Frost and TNT going past the comical "Big Dog, Little Dog" Spiel and have Frost giving TNT more respect and such.

Meh, I <3 "Two Stupid Dogs," though. :P

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Good job, TNT. Overall, I think that the promo could have been a little better, as you said yourself. But I do like the idea behind it. See Mags at his best and at his worst, and see what you need to do to get the title off him, like Thugg and Sacred did. Overall, a more than solid promo. Keep it up, and let's build this ELM/TNT match up.

Guest Suicide King

Yes, TNT, you did a great job showing your need to be taken seriously. Good, good stuff.

Guest kelloggs

Who's this TNT guy... somebody tell him he should write more promos and stuff. Well as long as the don't suck.

And I need someone to recommend a new movie for me to watch. I'm bored

+1

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Who's this TNT guy... somebody tell him he should write more promos and stuff. Well as long as the don't suck.

And I need someone to recommend a new movie for me to watch. I'm bored

+1

Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Go, watch it. Now.