TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

An "R" Rated A V P DVD...

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
Horror fansite Bloody-Disgusting received word that Paul W.S. Anderson participated in a recent Q&A at a Alien vs. Predator screening in which the movie's writer and producer revealed that he had quite different plans for the theatrical release.

About the studio's cutting of the film, which he had no control over, he said, and I quote, "All of the best scenes were cut."

Anderson was obviously very annoyed at the way the film was released. However, this was not purely because of the PG-13 limitation, which incidentally, the studio enforced THREE WEEKS before the release date! It was always going to be R until then. Part of the reason for the cutting was that some of the effects were not ready by the time the release date came around. The effects team had very little time to do anything.

As far as the content that was cut, apparently we see all those who die, die on screen, but he also said that there is a sub-plot that we will have to wait for on DVD. Yes there will be an R-rated Director's cut DVD although they don't know the release date yet.

I guess it'll be a rental.

Well, maybe this will restore crediblity to the film for some of the people on here who hated the movie.

Well, maybe this will restore crediblity to the film for some of the people on here who hated the movie.

Nope. AVP sucks ass and buckets of blood still won't change that.

Guest SP-1

Considering he said there's an entire subplot missing, and his apparent annoyance at the theatrical cut, I tend to think there's a very different movie lurking in that Director's Cut DVD snapcase. That interests me more than the movie itself has so far.

Guest Ram

Well the actual movie was pretty damn short (like what, 85 minutes?), so it doesn't surprise me that there may have been a lot cut.

*bump*

Well, the Unrated DVD is out now. Anybody picked it up or checked it out yet?

The scene were the Pred gives the woman the ring and she gives him a teary eyed yes right before the Alien queen attacks and kills her love. Then she cries over him, screaming NOOOOOOO and the movie ends right there with dramatic music.

Better than that damn Alien baby creature which killed the whole film for me.

I won't care for an R-rated Director's Cut version, because the movie sucks plain and simple. Only movies Anderson's made that I haven't completely hated have been Mortal Kombat and Event Horizon, the former because it's actually a GOOD video game/action flick and the latter because of the performances more so than anything else (Sam Neil is the man).

It still boggles my mind that Alien:Ressurection ate a dick. Everything that director has done (Delicatessan, City of Lost Children, Amelie. A Very Long Engagement) has been good. Outside of aVlE I would call all of his films brilliant. And he brought the kickass cast. Ron Perlman, for whom I have inordinate manlove, that one clown dude from every one of his fucking movies, Sigourney Weaver, and Ryder didn't do bad at all. The movie was just shit. you want to play to your audience? don't have some potbellied piece of corny shit rip the queen's face off.

Seriously, all these movies have to do is appeal to fanboys. They can't even do that. Look at Freddy v jason. That's how you do a fanboy movie

I concur 100%. There's a reason FvJ is my favorite movie of 2003: it was a perfect nod to the genre, both franchises, and to the fans.

Alien Resurrection could have been so much more. Weaver, Perlman, Ryder, Brad F'N Dourif...but no. They had to fuck with it by having a green alien with a pot belly and EYES. What the FUCK!!?!?!?!?!

Okay, speaking of which, it's time to rip this piece of shit apart.

They got Ripley back from DNA samples at Fiorina 161, which is the prison planet she crash landed on in Alien 3. Cool, I dig, I can understand that, since the doctor she had the hots for there prolly took some samples to give her some tests and such. But they got the alien DNA out of hers. Ummm...how? The alien doesn't bond with the host completely: it lays dormant, feeding off of the host, and then bursts out when ready. That'd be like taking a blood sample from some guy with a tapeworm in his intestines and finding tapeworm DNA in it: impossible.

Oh, and "don't shoot, you could breach the hull"? SO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE GUNS ON YOUR FUCKING SPACESHIP IN THE FIRST PLACE IF ANY SHOT FIRED COULD BREACH THE HULL?!?!

Okay, I'm done. Though I'd love to rant more, the movie is so terrible that if I were, I'd want to kill somebody.

The scene were the Pred gives the woman the ring and she gives him a teary eyed yes right before the Alien queen attacks and kills her love.

I haven't seen this movie, so I don't know if you're serious or not. Is this for real?...