TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Boardloaf

I had the Spicy Chicken from McDonald's a couple nights ago. Quite possibly the worst chicken sandwich I've ever eaten, although it *was* going on 11:00 when I got it.

It's been about 2 weeks since they had any ham

Even more ridiculous, I say.

Conversely to the McDonald's Spicy Chicken(which is the first I've heard of it), their Buffalo Chicken toasted deli sandwich is exceptional.

I hate Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. And I LOVE Dr. Pepper.

Agreed. I've been a Dr. Pepper addict for about 18 years or so, and this shit soils the brand name.

And I still haven't figured out why it's only available in Diet.

I hate Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. And I LOVE Dr. Pepper.

Agreed. I've been a Dr. Pepper addict for about 18 years or so, and this shit soils the brand name.

And I still haven't figured out why it's only available in Diet.

Umm because its not - they have it in non-Diet form too, which is very good.

We had one around these parts until 2002 when it closed and became a chinese buffet. Seemed like a fair trade at the time, but I did like the food at OCB.

Note to self: Even though it sounds like a terrific idea on paper, cottage cheese really adds nothing to a ham and turkey sandwich. Stick to mayo and mustard.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

i mix ranch & ketchup. sometimes when im feeling frisky i throw honey mustard into the dance.

Whatever happened to DNL? I really liked that yet they stopped serving it although at most convenience stores, they still have stickers indicating that all 7 UP products (including DNL) are only $0.89 but none of them have it. Is it discontinued or only sold in certain places?

edit: After looking it up, it is in fact discontinued.

I suppose this belongs in the food folder:

There's a commercial for McCain's new CoolQuenchers frozen juice. They suggest defrosting it in the microwave. This reminds me of something I'll inevitably bring up the next time "Menial things that piss you off" pops up in The Chocolate Socket: Why is frozen juice always kept frozen? Doesn't it make sense to leave it in the fridge, so it's thawed already when you make it?

even though i hate spinach, i tried making some roasted spinach leaves with salt & pepper in olive oil, and they turned out quite good. if you keep them in the oven on 400 for about 5 minutes, they get greasy and crispy, like really thin chips, and basically don't taste much like spinach anymore. i intend to experiment over the next couple weeks to see if they can hold different flavors, like spices or lemon zest.

Guest Vitamin X

I can't believe you hate spinach. It's fucking delicious. Anything lettuce-based, I've replaced with spinach, at least at home.

basically, I just do things greek-style, with feta cheese, mushrooms, and black olives. Goes great on pizza, omelettes, stuff like that.

although your idea sounds very intriguing. Spinach cooks very quickly, so maybe that's just a preference of mine in cooking as well.

Base: Fries covered with piping hot gravy, with cheese curds on top that are expected to melt quite quickly over the gravy. Becomes a sloppy, yet tasty mess.

Now there are a variety of different ways to make them, La Banquise, routinely called the best poutine place in Montreal (I disagree) has about thirty different types. Personally I think the only reason it's known as the best is because of the variety, still damn good though. An example of a variation would be the Mexican poutine, which throws in black olives, hot peppers and ground beef. Another is the T-Rex, which has ground beef, smoked meat and sausage. Pretty ridiculous, especially because they only have two sizes, which can be aqequately described as large and huge.

I don't eat much poutine for health reasons, but once in awhile it's good.

Okay I understand how it's made, I just don't get the why. It sounds like a disgusting mess (and those I know who have tried it confirmed this). Why do Canadians find it so appealing, and what does it taste like?

Guest Vitamin X

It sounds ridiculously appealing to me, and I'm pissed I haven't been able to find any locally. You'd think with all the ethnic cuisine I've found around here, I could get some.

That's somewhere to go when I go up to B.C.. A good poutine place.

I've gone old school and gone through about three packages of Oreos dunking them in milk in the span of 5 days. I need to like... not have the package open near me when I'm getting milk or those bitches disappear.

There's a new French Canadian barbecue restaurant (Yeah bit of an odd combination) that opened up around here and apparently they serve poutine with pulled pork on top. I've been meaning to go there for a while, I got to get me some of that.

Okay I understand how it's made, I just don't get the why. It sounds like a disgusting mess (and those I know who have tried it confirmed this). Why do Canadians find it so appealing, and what does it taste like?

Gravy makes the poutine good or awful.

There's a new French Canadian barbecue restaurant (Yeah bit of an odd combination) that opened up around here and apparently they serve poutine with pulled pork on top. I've been meaning to go there for a while, I got to get me some of that.

A buddy of mine used to always brag about how good his 'pulled pork sandwiches' were. I always laughed.

Guest Vitamin X

you know, I've never thought about it, but there is a place nearby, a very popular local 24 hour diner, that makes really good fries, and really good biscuits and gravy.

If they have cheese curds... poutine, here I come.

you know, I've never thought about it, but there is a place nearby, a very popular local 24 hour diner, that makes really good fries, and really good biscuits and gravy.

If they have cheese curds... poutine, here I come.

Hotcake House?