TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

Major Vengeance Spoiler On Who Wins The Title

Guest BoboBrazil

"While it may not be a total shock given what they have done lately, it is pretty much a lock that The Rock will win the WWE Title on Sunday at Vengeance and defend against Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. The September issue of the WWE magazine, which will hit newsstands prior to SummerSlam, features Rock and Brock on the cover, and plugs their title match at the event. The article includes a look at the workout routines of both wrestlers, and states that Rock won the title at Vengeance. "

1wrestling.com

Guest the pinjockey

This was figured they know the Rock won't have any problems laying down for him. Of course this means after SS that it will be 6 champions in 6 months what a disgrace.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Gee, Rock goes off to make movies again, comes back, gets inserted into the Title match at Vengeance despite not even having ONE match on Smackdown until after the fact, and is going to win it so he could job the belt to Brock?

This is laugh-out-loud funny, if ya ask me.

If I were Angle, I'd be PISSED right now.

Guest Austin3164life

I have respect for The Rock's major efforts to be great in the ring, and I also commend The Rock's attitude about jobbing to others. However, I must question the WWE's motives as of this point, because hot-shotting titles for no reason to drawing stars isn't a way to spike the ratings. One thing I detest about The Rock is that he has gotten his success not out of effort, but they've been given to him. Last Summerslam, he won the WCW Title as if it were a nothing's belt. I can't remember one time where he had a lengthy reign as a World Champion. Now, they're going to give him the Ultimate Prize, and have him (possibly) job to a heatless Brock Lesnar. I don't see good times ahead for a long, long time.

Guest BoboBrazil

You didn't actually think Undertaker would job to Lesnar did you?

Guest FeArHaVoC

It's a good thing their going with this angle and not an entertaining feud like RVD going for the title against Taker, Huh?

I mean, that would be just crazy to let the marks and Smarks be happy by pushing RVD to the top.

Guest Ripper
Gee, Rock goes off to make movies again, comes back, gets inserted into the Title match at Vengeance despite not even having ONE match on Smackdown until after the fact, and is going to win it so he could job the belt to Brock?

This is laugh-out-loud funny, if ya ask me.

If I were Angle, I'd be PISSED right now.

Yeah, Angle should be real pissed. I mean its almost like Rock had never been in pro wrestling before and won every singles title within a year or something. ANGLE SHOULD BE PISSED.

In all honesty, the title should stay on Taker and RVD take it at summerslam.

Lets think about it...the last Match Taker had against a young up and comer that noone even believed could win the title did a 4.6 quarter ratings. Take into effect that RVD is now the officially most over guy in the company, he and taker have (gasp) a backstory and people actually WANT to see him win, the WWE might actually go with Taker retaining...seeing as Rocks return didn't spike ratings as it should have. The WWE is famous for changing its mind and going another direction, and we all know 1wrestlings accuracy rating...

Guest Raven_Effect01

I don't like this at all. The Rock doesn't stay with WWE full-time(due to leaving for movies) like Angle does, yet Rock is the one winning the title instead of the more talented and fresh Angle?

Guest Ripper

No one has any idea how long Rock will be there, or if he will forgo doing house shows to shoot on every day of the week except monday and tuesday. All we know is that he has a movie to shoot and a bunch of internet sites said Hey, he can't do them both he must be leaving!!!!.

And that "more talented" part is definately debatable.

Guest redbaron51

RVD with the belt is even worse than having the Rock win it.

RVD can't work a match over 5 minutes, and let alone you want him as the WWE Champ, it'll just degrade the title even more.

Guest The Fett

I'm tired of seeing Rock win the belt only to drop the title a month later. It seems all he does is keep the belt warm for the next person. I wish they would wait until he has enough time availiable in his schedule to have a long meaningful title reign for once.

Guest Ripper
RVD with the belt is even worse than having the Rock win it.

RVD can't work a match over 5 minutes, and let alone you want him as the WWE Champ, it'll just degrade the title even more.

Funny, his PPV matches over most of the last year have always been the best or next to best match of the night and they have all been about 10-15 minutes long.

A guy that can (gasp) give a good match everytime he defends it. What a wild concept.

Guest wwF1587

Yeah but you have to use WWE logic

Rock supposedly = RATINGS

Brock = Rock with a B

Rock VS Brock at SS = BIG BUYRATE!

I never said I understood the logic but hey. I agree with most everyone on the boards that RVD should get the shot at SS and not this pushed too soon, not over Brock Lesner. Rock leaving the next month to do movies after just coming back pisses me off, its like why come back in the first place. Oh yeah, RATINGS! UT with the belt till SS would of been fine if RVD was the number one contender. So much for the Summer of RVD. Its the Summer of Bad Booking AKA the Summer of the WWE.

Guest redbaron51

Heh...that because his opponent is carrying him, and Brock and RVD will be another DUD fest like last time.

If RVD can not hit all of his trademark moves in the first 4 minuets then "i'll just prance around like an idiot, then hit a spot" to win, it'll be the worse thing happening since...since...What? chant.

There are many people who deserve that belt more than RVD, like Jericho, Benoit, Angle who can actually work a great 10 minute match, and not be able to hurt the worker. (like RVD). Or still have Taker, and if Triple H wasn't hurt or being a jackass, he would be better. Hell the Rock is even a better choice. Hell give the belt to D'Lo Brown who has busted his ass for the company.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

If they are giving the belt to Lesnar the Rock is the only guy that makes sense. Angle vs. Lesnar would have zero heat, while Taker vs. Lesnar would not put Brock over at all since Taker wouldn't sell moves that well for him. Rock can make him look good by bumping for all his big moves and will have no problem jobbing to him.

Guest chirs3

1) Someone said they're giving it to the Rock without him even having a match back yet. He has a match on Smackdown. Just felt like pointing it out...

2) While I agree that guys like Benoit and Angle are better wrestlers than RVD, keep in mind that a) we need a face champion, and b ) neither of them are anywhere near the overness of RVD. The fans want RVD. He can work a good match, and with the right opponent a great match.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Let me break this down nice and simply.

Jericho: Zilch credibility, first title reign failed.

Angle: Little credibility, two weeks of rebuilding isn't going to cut it.

Benoit: Still in midcard territory. Not particularly over.

RVD: Over with the crowd, matches get popped, talented enough to hold the belt.

That little 'over with the crowd' bit matters a lot with the ratings down. A heel champ right now is a bad idea. Who happens to be the most over face in the company? *pointy* *pointy* *pointy* Thank you. Isn't it usually a sound buisness idea to..you know..put your title on the person that's the most over (..in other words, your biggest draw)..? Yes.

As for Lesnar's eventual rise to champ..I'm slowly getting used to it. Might as well accept the fact him, Edge, Bubba Dudley, and Bradshaw are going to get crammed down our throats, if we like it or not.

*bangs his head on the desk until the point of blissful unconsiousness*

:angry:

Guest nikowwf

I don't want Angle to win the title now. Let Angle turn face. Let them build him back up as a serious bad ass. I don't want Kurt Angle, the transitional champion. I want Kurt Angle, the super bad ass babyface who will dethrone Monster Heel Brock Lesnar and be the #1 guy in the company. If Angle wins the title now, he has yet another transitional reign, which he does not need. He needs a long dominant babyface reign begun by a big win at a big PPV. This is not the time.

NIKO

Guest nikowwf

I don't want Angle to win the title now. Let Angle turn face. Let them build him back up as a serious bad ass. I don't want Kurt Angle, the transitional champion. I want Kurt Angle, the super bad ass babyface who will dethrone Monster Heel Brock Lesnar and be the #1 guy in the company. If Angle wins the title now, he has yet another transitional reign, which he does not need. He needs a long dominant babyface reign begun by a big win at a big PPV. This is not the time.

NIKO

Guest TheyCallMeMark
There are many people who deserve that belt more than RVD, like Jericho, Benoit, Angle

Oh come on. Jericho shouldn't hold any title at this point. He'll just degrade it. They have built him up into such a worthless piece of shit whiny little bitch if he got the title he would bring no credibility to it at all. I'm not sure how over Benoit is right now. At the moment though they need someone with alot of charisma on the stick to carry the title I think, and he's not the one right now. Angle would be good, for sure.

who can actually work a great 10 minute match, and not be able to hurt the worker. (like RVD).

Oh my God. This is still an active argument against RVD? He accidentally kicked three guys too hard LAST YEAR. Not once since. Yeah what a fucking dangerous character. May I remind you Angle actually broke someone's arm. RVD hasn't done damage like that.

Or still have Taker, and if Triple H wasn't hurt or being a jackass, he would be better. Hell the Rock is even a better choice. Hell give the belt to D'Lo Brown who has busted his ass for the company.

Taker would be fine still. I think it's been proven HHH isn't drawing and things are definatly not looking like they'll be getting better with him any time soon so I think they should keep the title off of him. The Rock is going to leave in a month. Yeah, let's hotshot the fucking title some more. D'lo? Man I'm not even going to start on that.

Guest redbaron51

Fine...don't like my ideas, but when RVD wins the Title and then you guys will bitch at it, i'll be laughing

Guest Ripper

"Heh...that because his opponent is carrying him, and Brock and RVD will be another DUD fest like last time."

Yes...everyone carried RVD the entire time...Everyone..

<_<

And yeah, seeing how Brock has been wowing the crowds with his ***** efforts when RVD isn't involved, RVD should be haveing a good match with him in 3 minutes.

Guest redbaron51

hey remember when (maybe this doesn't count for you guys...dunno though). When X-Pac and Jericho were feuding, and you felt Jericho deserve better. Jericho won the WWF Belt, and all you guys were saying, "He sucks" now you want him higher up again.

I'm not sure, but i really think you guys are as pratically dumb as marks.

like I said this may not include you since I went to a previous board...

Guest Brian

"RVD can't work a match over 5 minutes, and let alone you want him as the WWE Champ, it'll just degrade the title even more."

Maybe he can't carry a match for more than five minutes but he definately can work a damn good match. When the WWE was looking for guys to main event TV last month, who did they go to? Not Brock. It was Eddie, RVD, Edge, and Angle.

"Fine...don't like my ideas, but when RVD wins the Title and then you guys will bitch at it, i'll be laughing."

Fine, than don't try to pass your "ideas" off as fact. Sure, he had good workers to go with, but at the same time he also brought the best out of good workers who haven't done anything recently (Regal, Golddust, X-Pac). RVD works in that way where you can put him in against anybody and his spots pop the crowd and he bumps enough that he can put on something enjoyable with anyone (note: did not say he was more than a decent worker). But when you're getting paired with the best worker in the WWE, like Eddie, taht's goin to result in some good matches. And he's eliminated alot of what made me hate him, like weak brawling on the outside for the sake of spots.

Guest GenerationNever

Thing is, Rock shouldn't win the title right when he gets back. I mean, that much is obvious. They are probably just putting the title on him so he won't leave for good...

Guest BrandonKos

First off, it is not debatable that Angle is more talented than Rock. Angle can carry anyone to a good match. When's the last time Rock had a good match where he wasn't carried? Exactly.

And RVD can work a match over 5 minutes. RVD is one of the best workers in the WWF today. The point about a heel champion right now being a bad idea couldn't be more true. The fans need someone to cheer for as their champ, and that man is RVD.

But, we all know that a Lesnar/HHH feud is on the horizon, don't we?

I mean, Rock is gone after Summerslam (to film Helldorado, or whatever horrible movie his dumbass is filming this time), so that means that Lesnar will win the belt. Is it RVD? No, but at least it's new and fresh. They just need to make Lesnar an actual heel, not a guy who just beats up everybody. Make him into a true sonofabitch heel!

Anyway, so with Lesnar the champ after SS, who's his next opponent going to be? Well if you guessed RVD, you're wrong. You know the WWF would never do the logical thing. Triple H will whine and complain like the bitch that he is, and Steph, being that she is getting plowed by the game, will book it as such.

Fuck Triple H and fuck Stephanie.

(ahem)

I'm going to bet that Triple H will be the first man to pin Brock Lesnar clean.

Because he is the game, and he is that damn selfish!

Guest Anglesault
Yeah, Angle should be real pissed. I mean its almost like Rock had never been in pro wrestling before and won every singles title within a year or something. ANGLE SHOULD BE PISSED.

And he has gotten nothing since then