TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest crandamaniac

Great Wrestling Promos

Guest crandamaniac

Anybody have a site that has a transcript of some great Wrestling Promos?

I'd love to find a copy of Paul E's promo pre-SS 2001 and Jericho's Debut promo.

Guest bob_barron

I am the new Millennium for the World Wrestling Federation! Now for those of you who don't know me, I am Chris Jericho - your - your new hero, your party host and most importantly the most charismatic showman to ever enter your living rooms via a television screen! And for those of you who DO know me, well, all hail the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah! Now when you think of the new Millennium, you think of an event so gigantic that it changes the course of history. You think of the dawning of a new era. In this case, the dawning of a New Era in the WWF! Thank you - thank you!" Crowd chanting "Rocky." "A new era is what this once proud and profitable company sorely needs! What was once a captivating, trendsetting program, has nowdeteriorated into a cliched - let's be honest - BORING SNOOZEFEST that is in dire need of a knight in shining armour! And that's why I'm here! Chris Jericho has come to SAVE the WWF! Now let's go over the facts. Television ratings - downward spiral. Pay-per-view buyrates - plummeting. Mainstream acceptance - nonexistent. And reactions of the live crowd - complete and utter silence! And I know why you're silent! You're silent because you're embarrassed to be here! And quite honestly, I'm embarrassed for you! And the reason why you're embarrassed is because of the steady stream of uninteresting, untalented, mediocre 'sports entertainers' where you're forced to cheer for and care for - no wonder you're not cheering! You could care less about every single idiot in that dressing room...and especially this idiot in the centre of the ring. You people have been led to believe that mediocrity is excellence. Uh uh...JERICHO IS EXCELLENCE. And now, for the first time in WWF history, you have a man who can entertain you! You have a man who is good enough for you! You have a man who can make you jump up off your chairs, raise your filthy fat little hands in the air and scream 'Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go!' Thank you. The new Millennium has arrived in the WWF - and now that the Y2J problem is here - this company, from the front office idiots to all the amateurs in the dressing room (including this one) to everybody watching tonight, will never - e-e-e-ever - be the same - agayn

Credit: Slashwrestling

Guest bob_barron

I know how much you people appreciate when Shane and Stephanie and I have done - how Shane and Stephanie and I have stood up to the tyranny of Vince McMahon (edit) and the way it is, ladies and gentlemen, is quite simple - the WWF will DIE this Sunday. But don't blame ME for that - it's not MY fault. I'm not the one that RUINED everything that was accomplished by Stone Cold Steve Austin. You see, at Survivor Series, it means so much more than just the personalities that are involved. It's about ending with Vince McMahon has tried to accomplish. I sat there at that desk on Monday, and I listened to Mick Foley. And I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had to say - that the WWF truly does SUCK! Don't boo me. Have you watched the television show lately? Vince McMahon has lost his MIND. The man doesn't have it any more! He's a has been, his ideas are antiquated, his concepts are draconian, and Mick Foley was right, because the WWF is imploding from within! Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from within. Vince's loyal employees, like Stone Cold, left him; like Mick Foley, want nothing to do with him. Vince's own children want him to burn in hell, and I don't blame 'em. Vince McMahon will see the WWF die this Sunday at Survivor Series. And he has no hope to save his precious company! Vince McMahon has the same chances of saving the WWF as he did of realising his dream of starting a football league..." (Vince comes out)"I want you to know that I was down on my knees, 'cause I know that you're used to men *puckers* kissin' your ass, Vinny. Every time you walk in the back there, there's Patterson and Brisco, oh what a great idea you had, Vince! (mwah mwah mwah mwah), (mwah mwah mwah mwah). You LIKE men kissing your ass, don't you , Vince, huh? 'cause that's what you're all about - a BILLIONAIRE - the BILLIONAIRE VINCE McMAHON, the creator of sports entertainment! I've waited so long to see you face to face like this. And I've waited so long to tell you to your face that I hate your stinkin' guts. But it's not just me. It's your children that hate your stinkin' guts, Vince. And at Survivor Series, your children are gonna do to you what I have waited my whole life to see somebody do to you, Vince. You are, so help me God, the most disgusting, vile son of a (beep) I've ever seen in my life. You took Hulk Hogan's blood and you built Titan Towers. You STOLE Bret Hart's dream, and with that money bought yourself an airplane with WWF all over it. And you KNOW it, you son of a (beep). You stole Shawn Michaels' smile, took your company public, and made yourself a billionaire. But not a self-made billionaire, like you like to tell everybody you are, oh no. See, you're a billionaire on other people's hard work. Your father - your FATHER, Vince McMahon, your father went around the country and shook the hand of every-- you know I'm tellin' the truth, don't you. You know in your heart I'm telling the truth that your father shook the hand of every promoter in this country and swore to them that he'd never compete against them...that his son would never compete against them. And when your father DIED...you competed. And with your ruthless, merciless, take no prisoners attitude, you drove everybody out of business, didn't you, Vince. You ran all the competition to the ground and you stole all their ideas, and you made yourself a billionaire out of it. And you know whose ideas you stole the most, Vince? You stole MONE. See I don't give a damn about Don Owen and Sam Muchnick and Jim Crockett, I....I care about what you did to me and my family. How you stole MY dreams, how you stole MY legacy, how you stole everything that ECW represents. Because...while Doink the Clown had a - a green hair and rubber nose, Stone Cold Steve Austin was drinking his first beer in ECW, damn you. While Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerlund were dancing around singing Tutti Frutti, ECW was producing the edgy TV that you named "Attitude." Oh, we got Attitude! You got nothing, man. What you got is my ideas, and you stole MY LIFE - MY MONEY - MY LEGACY!" Paul removes his hat (!) and throws it at Vince. "SCREW YOU! SCREW YOU and your family! I'll tell you something, your own CHILDREN hate your guts, and on Sunday, your children are gonna get even with you, for everything you stole from me, for everything you stole from them. You flaunt your affairs in front of your WIFE - you flaunt your affairs in Playboy for your children to read! You (beep)! Look at Tazz! Look at Tazz! This man was a KILLER - he was a machine! He was a wrestler - a great wrestler, a real man...but wrestling's a dirty word to you, isn't it Vince? Your father built a wrestling company, and you - you hadda have 'sports entertainment.' 'We had to have sports entertainment, ha ha ha.' He was a wrestler, he was a great wrestler, he was a man, and now he's a fat, little, obnoxious colour commentator, and not even a good one! He is a 'sports entertainer.' He is not a *wrestler*, 'cause you made wrestling a dirty word. You made 'wrestling' a dirty word, Vince. What kind of a man are you? What kind of a man takes - takes wrestling and makes it sports entertainment? At Survivor Series, you're goin' down, Vince. I promise you, you're goin' down, and I'm gonna watch it, and your children are gonna lift their leg, standin' over your grave, and we're gonna laugh, and you know what else I'm gonna do, Vince? I'm gonna run your (beep) outta business. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I'm feeling GOOD about myself!

I sat there at that desk on Monday, and I listened to Mick Foley. And I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had to say - that the WWF truly does SUCK! Don't boo me. Have you watched the television show lately? Vince McMahon has lost his MIND. The man doesn't have it any more! He's a has been, his ideas are antiquated, his concepts are draconian, and Mick Foley was right, because the WWF is imploding from within! Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from within. Vince's loyal employees, like Stone Cold, left him; like Mick Foley, want nothing to do with him. Vince's own children want him to burn in hell, and I don't blame 'em. Vince McMahon will see the WWF die this Sunday at Survivor Series. And he has no hope to save his precious company!

Wow....who would have thought that a promo from Nov. 2001 would echo the sentiments of the IWC in Feb 2003 almost to the letter.

Dames

Guest DerangedHermit
I sat there at that desk on Monday, and I listened to Mick Foley. And I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had to say - that the WWF truly does SUCK! Don't boo me. Have you watched the television show lately? Vince McMahon has lost his MIND. The man doesn't have it any more! He's a has been, his ideas are antiquated, his concepts are draconian, and Mick Foley was right, because the WWF is imploding from within! Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from within. Vince's loyal employees, like Stone Cold, left him; like Mick Foley, want nothing to do with him. Vince's own children want him to burn in hell, and I don't blame 'em. Vince McMahon will see the WWF die this Sunday at Survivor Series. And he has no hope to save his precious company!

Wow....who would have thought that a promo from Nov. 2001 would echo the sentiments of the IWC in Feb 2003 almost to the letter.

Dames

Yeah, that's almost exactly what happened except the "burn in hell" part.

Guest Lord of The Curry

Mic Foleys anti-hardcore promos in ECW should be homework for anybody who wants to study the art of the captivating promo.

Guest razazteca
Mic Foleys anti-hardcore promos in ECW should be homework for anybody who wants to study the art of the captivating promo.

also check out the Austin anti-WCW promos

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

No wonder Jericho was hated by the WWE front office. His first night out and he blasts the company, the company's top star, and the company's workers. I have no doubt some of the promo was scripted, but sweet sassy molassy, it's very likely he went off on a bit of a tangent there.

Someone should post: "I am not a joke."

Guest bob_barron

Jericho: Cut that music! Cut the damn music NOW!! How dare you, Rock. How dare you disrespect me, Rock! I AM THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION - I AM THE MAN YOU WILL BE FACING THIS SUNDAY AT THE ROYAL RUMBLE AND YOU HAVE NOT EVEN MENTIONED MY NAME ONE TIME! On top of that, everybody's talking about facing you at WrestleMania as if it's some kind of a foregone conclusion that you're gonna beat me this Sunday - as if I'm some kind of a fluke champion, or a transitional champion, but they can all go to hell if they thing that! And all of YOU all can go to hell if you think that! But most importantly, Rock, YOU can go to hell, too. Because there's something a lot more painful than any beating you can get, Rock, and that is the truth - because the truth hurts!" "The truth hurts, Rock, and the truth is you had the chance to become the Undisputed champ last month at Ven gea nce, but YOU FAILED! YOU were beaten by ME! And you wanna talk about facing the Undertaker or Steve Austin at WrestleMania - you can face anybody you want at WrestleMania, but it won't be for this Championship! ["Ass hole!"] Because this championship is not yours, Rock - this championship is MINE - it's MINE - IT'S ALL MINE - IT'S ALL MIIIINE - and the truth is...Chris Jericho is the most overlooked champion in WWF history! But you know what else is the truth, Rock? At WrestleMania, I will STILL be the Champion - because this is MY championship - this is my championship, dammit, and this is my show, and this is MY--

Rock:" "Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! Let the Rock clarify something to you, Undisputed champion or not, this is not YOUR show...this is SmackDown!, this is THEROCK's show! And what you're failling to realise is everybody is talkin' about WrestleMania, facin' the Rock, for one reason: because THEY know, them in the back, they know, the guys in the back, they know, them, the MILLIONS...and millions of the Rock's fans, they know that the Rock...is better than you. You see the guys in the back know it, everybody around the world knows it, you know it - and you see, Chris Jericho, the truth, it does hurt - it really really hurts - but not as much as the Rock is goin' to hurt you this Sunday at Royal Rumble IF YA SUH-MELLLLLLL--"

Jericho:"NO!!! NO NO NO NO NO!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE! I AM NOT A JOKE! I AM SERIOUS! AND YOU WILL NOT LOOK PAST ME, YOU STUPID SON OF A (BITCH)!"

Rock: "The Rock DOES NOT THINK that this is a joke. The Rock is not smiling - he's not laughing - (slowly circles round Jericho) - so you know, the Rock is taking you very serious, Chris Jericho - dead serious, Chris Jericho - and cannot wait to whup your candyass..." Now standing behind him. "...at the Royal Rumble this Sunday night. And just so you know, and you never forget...if you ssssssssssmell...what the Rock...(nose to nose)....is cookin'."

No wonder Jericho was hated by the WWE front office. His first night out and he blasts the company, the company's top star, and the company's workers. I have no doubt some of the promo was scripted, but sweet sassy molassy, it's very likely he went off on a bit of a tangent there.

Someone should post: "I am not a joke."

Dude, what he was saying could not have been more of a joke. WCW was in the shit hole and he was making fun of the WWF ratings, that were probably higher than ever before. Rocky was just hitting mainstream popularity outside of the ring.

Jericho was just trying to get a heel reaction for seeing the good as crap.

It just seemed weird, as most fans don't really care about the business aspect of things.

I like the fact that you're posting these promos, but I'd like to know where ou find them, so I could look them up and check one out whenever I wanted. I'm sure there's got to be a site that just has a list of this shite.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

And you know whose ideas you stole the most, Vince? You stole MONE. See I don't give a damn about Don Owen and Sam Muchnick and Jim Crockett, I....I care about what you did to me and my family. How you stole MY dreams, how you stole MY legacy, how you stole everything that ECW represents. Because...while Doink the Clown had a - a green hair and rubber nose, Stone Cold Steve Austin was drinking his first beer in ECW, damn you. While Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerlund were dancing around singing Tutti Frutti, ECW was producing the edgy TV that you named "Attitude." Oh, we got Attitude! You got nothing, man. What you got is my ideas, and you stole MY LIFE - MY MONEY - MY LEGACY!" Paul removes his hat (!) and throws it at Vince. "SCREW YOU! SCREW YOU and your family! I'll tell you something, your own CHILDREN hate your guts, and on Sunday, your children are gonna get even with you, for everything you stole from me, for everything you stole from them.

I love motivation...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Here's an overlloked classic promo: The Rock/Austin "Face-to-Face" Interview on SmackDown! before WrestleMania X-7

Rock: "I will give you every drop of sweat-- every drop of blood, you are going to get the absoulte best of The Rock at WrestleMania."

Heavy.

Guest MideonMark

Anybody know where you can get the full version of the Rock-Austin face to face interview. The video package for the match only has snippets from it.

Guest bob_barron

Certainly notwithstanding the recent physicality involving both you two gentlemen, I want to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to be here and thank you in advance for your professionalism during this interview. We're here to talk about WrestleMania. We're here to talk about the Rock defending the WWF title against Stone Cold Steve Austin in the Reliant Astrodome on Sunday, April the first, but before we do, Rock, you have a heck of a tall order ahead of you because you're in a handicap match against two men, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit, as ordered by Commissioner Regal. Now Steve, I don't know how much stroke I have with the commissioner these days, but would you be willing to step up and be the Rock's tag team partner tonight--

Rock: Whoa, whoa, whoa, Jim. You don't have to ask Stone Cold that; you should ask me that. I don't need a partner, I don't want a partner. And at this point in time, he'd be the last guy I'd ever want as a tag team partner.

Austin: You gonna answer all my questions? Did you ask me the question?

Yes, I did.

You gonna answer all my questions?

Well, perhaps I should have asked the Rock the question, so obviously it wasn't a good question, and that's my responsibility. Uh... WrestleMania, April first - without a doubt, this is the most eagerly anticipated main event in WrestleMania history. This certainly could be the biggest WrestleMania in World Wrestling Federation as well. What does, Rock, the WWF Championship, as a professional, what does it mean to you - being the WWF Champion, what does that title mean to you?

Well, being the WWF Champion solidifies the fact that you are at the mountaintop, solidifies the fact that you've grabbed that brass ring. It's something I've worked very hard for my entire life, because I grew up in this industry - that's the reason I'm here in the WWF - so being the WWF Champion solidifes the fact that I'm the absolute best.

Steve, on SmackDown! last week you spoke of this hellacious journey personally for you back. Have you changed your thoughts about what this match means in the last seven days since we've talked about it?

No, I haven't changed a damn thing about what I thought. It means Stone Cold Steve Austin is back; we can stop talking about it - the journey's over. It's Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. the Rock for the World Wrestling Federation title - that's what it is.

It certainly seems to me, and certainly not degrading the WWF title, because that's it - anybody that passes through the doors of the WWF, as you have said, Steve, should be here for one thing and one thing only and that's to become the WWF Champion - but, it seems to me that thanks to Mr. McMahon assigning Stone Cold's wife Debra as the Rock's manager, that that has heightened, to me, the personal animosity, the peresonal issue between the two of you.

Well, it's heightened a lot of things - it's heightened the animosity, professional as well as personal. The fact of the matter is this: is I never asked for Debra to be my manager, never wanted Debra to be my manager, and I'll go on the record as saying I have no problem personally - or professionally for that matter, but the fact of the matter is she's not my responsibility. She's not my wife - she's your wife

Austin: Let me go on record as sayin' that I don't like the fact that my wife is your manager, because there's a conflict of interest there. Ah, if she's supposed to be your manager and I'm wrestling you for the World Wrestling Federation championship at WrestleMania, that's a problem. That's a big problem. But I, I expect that my wife should have a career, and - and - all - more power to her. I'm gettin' a little worked up here, and I'll just try to settle down, and I'll tell you right now I don't like the tone of your voice when you mention my name, or my wife. You might wanna take a little bass out of your voice.

Well, I might not.

Let me go and cut you off here, let's just go ahead and take Debra out of this equation - bam, she's a nonfactor. The fact is, Rock, you've got the WWF title and I want it. Can we change the scenario? No. So don't even worry about that. Just don't even go there. You've got what I want - enough said about that.

What are you - people are wondering, this animosity - do you hate each other? Personally, what do you think of this man? He is the champion. Personally, as a human being?

Personally, what do I think about the Rock?

Right.

He's probably a wonderful human being and a credit to the human race in a lot of people's views. In my opinion, I could care less about the Rock. Personally.

Your thoughts on Stone Cold as a human being, Rock? I know you're...

You know, it's - it's - it's - it's no mystery. There's no mystery how I feel about Stone Cold, there's no mystery about how Stone Cold feels about the Rock. We've gone good to bad, bad to good, we've done it all across the whole spectrum, but the fact of the matter is this, professionally, I've EARNED his respect, professionally, he's earned mine but when we get in that ring together, he brings out the best in the Rock. The Rock brings out the best in Stone Cold, no question. Personally? (pause) Personally, I don't like him.

I don't think we need to let this...de - degenerate--

Austin: I'm tryin' to be a pro over here, right?

I, I hope--

That ain't gonna be lastin' much longer (beep) if you keep sassin' me.

Well, let's, let's focus back on WrestleMania--

How come you never asked what the belt meant to me?

All right, good question.

You said, what's it like to be back at WrestleMania, ask me what the belt meant to me

What does that - okay, what does the WWF--

I'll paraphrase everything he said, it means I'm the number one (beep) in the industry, bottom line. That's my opinion what the belt means to me, I just thought you should ask me the question, too. You're little one sided here if you ask me.

All right, well I'll ask you another question if you don't mind. And that questoin is, as the challenger, uh the onus is gonna be on you in the Astrodome at WrestleMania because we're looking at one fall, sixty minute time limit, he's the WWF Champion, he doesn't have to beat you but you damn sure gotta beat him. Strategically, does that change game plans, mind set, or is it still full speed ahead?

It's full speed ahead because when I get in the with the Rock in the Astrodome, 65,000 screaming fans, watching every single move that happens in that ring - yeah, I gotta beat that man. I've never wrestled an hour in my life, but if that's what it takes, that's exactly what I'll do. My strategy is to go in there and do whatever it takes to beat the Rock - 1, 2, 3 - and become World Wrestling Federation champion.

Rock, without revealing your hand, and your strategy - your mindset as far as your approach to this, as...competitor to competitor.

Revealing my hand and my strategy? The fact of the matter is this: is that you brought up a very good point, Jim Ross, is that - is that the Rock doesn't have to beat Stone Cold, Stone Cold has to beat the Rock, but as far as I'm concerned, the belt is dangling, and we're both goin' for it. So I got one reason, and one reason only to go inside that ring, and that is to beat Stone Cold Steve Austin. It's just that simple. What, I'm just gonna go in there and back off, just because I'm the champion?

Austin: I'm glad you said that, because I don't want you to be on defense the whole match. I appreciate the fact that you wanna beat Stone Cold as much as I NEED to beat you. 'cause I don't want you on defense all night long. I appreciate the fact that you wanna whip my (beep) - it ain't gonna happen, but I appreciate your mentality.

Rock: Oh, well I'm glad you appreciate my mentality - I'm glad you appreciate the fact that I wanna whip your (beep) so much. We'll see how much you appreciate it on April 1st, see how much you appreciate it then.

Austin: You know what, you got that little T-shirt that says "just bring it" on the front of it. Well, that night when you're looking up at the lights and that little T-shirt says "Just bring it?" You will know that Stone Cold just brought of it.

Rock: Yeah? Well you've got your little T-shirt, too - Austin 3:16. "Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your (beep)." Right? Well I say just bring it, you say I just whipped your (beep). So on April 1st why don't you try just come try and kick the Rock's (beep).

Obviously, the emotion, and I understand the emotion because of what's at stake - what's at stake is the WWF title at Wrestlemania, but in closing this interview, and again I appreciate your professionalism, I know it's not easy, any closing remarks Rock, as the champion, to the challenger?

Yeah, we - we can talk about one fall, two falls, sixty minutes, sixty days, talk about Debra being my manager, whose responsibility it is, it's his wife, it's this that's happening - it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is April 1st, WrestleMania 17, the biggest of all time. The Rock and Austin, the biggest of all time. The fact of the matter is this: is I will give you every drop of sweat, every drop of blood, every ounce of energy I have - win lose or draw, you are gonna get the absolute best of the Rock at WrestleMania, and there's a reason why they call me the Rock, there's a reason why the most electrifying man the world has ever seen and all that - and there's a reason why they call me the best. Come April 1, two unstoppable forces will meet...and all questions will be answered.

Steve, your final thoughts about this match?

Without getting overly sentimental, I'll go on record as sayin' every single time I've been in the ring with the Rock, he has brought out the absolute best in Stone Cold Steve Austin. So when I roll in to the Astrodome and WrestleMania on April first? Do I wanna beat you on a personal level? Oh hell yeah, I do. But on professional level, which bleeds over into my personal existence, I need it, Rock - I need it more than anything you could ever imagine. So that's the mentality I roll into the Astrodome with, the fact that Stone Cold Steve Austin is back, and that I must beat the Rock to be the World Wrestling Federation champion once again. And there is no other way. There can be only one. There can be only one World Wrestling Federation champion. And that will be, Rock, when it's all said and done...Stone Cold Steve Austin. With all due respect.

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your time, and...best of luck to both of you at WrestleMania.

Credit: slashwrestling.com

Guest Zack Malibu

Brian Pillman.

ECW Arena.

"Smaaaaaaaaaart Maaaaaarks" promo.

Greatest Promo Ever.

Bob, think you can find this one?

Guest bob_barron

Is this it?

Joey Styles: "What the hell are you doing here?!?"

Brian Pillman: "Haven't you heard? (laughs.) I like you as an announcer, Joey Styles. You know why? Because I just had an announcer in Atlanta, Georgia take away my constitutional rights. I have been fired by Eric Bischoff. He's a pretty popular guy these days. He's also pretty popular with my legal department as well. Bischoff, or should i say Jerkoff. You can't take away my constitutional rights, because I'm in Philadelphia where the fucking constitution was written! Now Mr. Gopher, Mr. 90s Wiz Kid, the great success story of '96. Former Coffee Gopher for Verne Gagne is now leading the show in the big time. You are a piece of fucking shit!"

Styles: "On that note we're gonna go to commercial. A bombshell has been dropped here tonight, Brian Pillman is..."

Pillman: "No, no, no, Joey Styles you're not running this interview. I am, 'cause I'm Brian fucking Pillman. Let me tell you a little more, you know what Eric Bischoff is, Eric Bischoff is each and every one of you mother fucking smark marks sons of bitches rolled up into one giant piece of shit! Oh, I guess you guys didnt get that huh? Smart marks, what's a smart mark? A mark with a high IQ? Ok Smart Marks, you know what a mark is, a mark is a guy that spends his last 20 dollars on crack cocaine. A mark is a guy that beleves that O.J. didnt do it. And a mark is everyone of you sorry sons of mother fucking bitches. So you know what I'm gonna do? The only appropriate thing Brian Pillman should do. I'm gonna jerk out my Johnson and piss in this hell hole." (Paul Heyman, Tod Gordon, and Shane Douglas run out to the ring.)

Paul Heyman: "Stop this! This is not a part of the deal. Brian it's not a part of the deal."

Pillman: "Deal? What deal? I do whatever I want, whenever I want and I don't give a fuck about you and your smart marks Bookerman!"

Pillman, Heyman, and Gordon stayed in the ring arguing, and they finally got security to escort Pillman out. An ECW "fan" took a swing at Pillman while he was leaving the ring, and Pillman grabbed him and threw him into the ring. He pulled a fork out of his boot and stabbed the fan blading him. Shane Douglas ran down to the ring and sat down in a steel chair, claiming that the show won't continue until that "...blonde piece of shit reject from WCW (is thrown out of) the front God damned door." This was what I called a "worked shoot" meaning that it was all scripted but made to look like a real angle. It was an excellent job of making Pillman look like a "Loose Cannon"

Guest Zack Malibu

How about the Douglas "retirement" promo, where Credible and Storm interrupted, each wanting to be the new Franchise.

Wow, that was intense. Anyone know of the backstory between Douglas and Pillman? Was there legit heat between the two? I know they had a pretty good singles feud in WCW in 92 that turned into a tag team feud involving Steamboat and Austin.

Guest Joe_G

My all time favorite: from Smokey Mountain, after the Rock and Roll Express beat Jim Cornette's Heavenly Bodies in a loser-leaves-town cage match. Still have a transcript saved on my computer I originally got from somewhere. As great a read as this is, Cornette's delivery really makes it.

[set: High school hallway, Brain Mathews stands next to a closed door. Mark Curtis exits from the door, and says something like "Cornette's not happy."]

BM: Hi fans, I'm Brian Mathews on assignment for Smoky Mountain Wrestling. Today is Monday, April 4th and inside this door the Smoky Mountain Board of Directors has had an emergency meeting called. Jim Cornette and the Heavenly Bodies are in the room with the Board of Directors pleading their case in the outcome of the Loser Leaves Smoky Mountain Wrestling match that took place on April 1st, just a few days ago at the Bluegrass Brawl II in Pikeville, Kentucky. Now we should be finding out shortly, if the meeting is breaking up, we should be finding out shortly about the outcome and see what's happened with the Heavenly Bodies input in their case.

[Jim Cornette, Tom Prichard and Jimmy Del Ray enter throught the door, Del Ray slams the door behind him.]

Mr. Cornette is here.

JC: Do I gotta look at you everywhere I go?

BM: Apparently you're not very please with this outcome.

JDR: God, I can't believe this. Bob Armstrong is like a thorn in our side. Oh God, him and the Board of Directors. Tom, I... God almighty.

TP: Listen, it's just like the old saying goes: when you're the leaders of the pack and you think you've got the rat race licked, they just do out and find bigger and faster rats. and if you wanna talk about the biggest rats in Smoky Mountain Wrestling, let's talk about the Rock n Roll Express and Bob Armstrong. I have been ripped off, Jimmy Del Rey has been ripped off and Jim Cornette has been ripped off. The Heavenly Bodies can no longer stay in Smoky Mountain Wrestling and this is not right. It's a conspiracy of the first degree.

BM: Mr. Cornette, your thoughts on the outcome.

JC: Just like I thought it would be. It's a waste of time to come over here because I know what Bob Armstrong's got on his mind. I know what the Board of Directors. They've waited a long time and now they've got it. The decision will stand. The match will stand. The stipulation will stand. The Bodies are out. Everybody's always come up asked me, "How come you hate the Rock n’ Roll, how come you're so obsessed with the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express?" Well, it's pretty easy. Put yourself in my place. For ten long years all across the country, in every high school gym, every major sports arena, every wrestling promotion. I've done everything I could do to send my team after them to get them out of professional wrestling because I hate their stinking guts. Why? [Cornette takes off his glasses.] Why do I hate their guts? Because I've devoted my life to professional wrestling. I wanted to be the best, I wanted to manage the best. And every team that I managed has been the best. Dennis Condrey and Bobby Eaton. Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane. Stan Lane and Tom Prichard. Tom Prichard and Jimmy Del Ray. They've been the best, they've been without parallel. Nobody could touch em, nobody could stop em. Nobody except the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express. Every time that I got a team that was ready to take the top, the Rock ‘n’ Roll was there to take the title, to take the glory, to take the attention, to make sure that all the fans would come up to me and say, "Ya know, your guys are pretty good, but the Rock n Roll are better." And I've done the most horrible things that I could think of to do to another human being, to Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson to try and run them out of wrestling. It didn't work. Course, by the same token, they’ve had to endure those horrible things and they never got that last measure of revenge until now. The decision stands. The Bodies are finished in Smoky Mountain Wrestling. But I want you to know this ain't the only place that they can wrestle, this ain't the only place they do wrestle. But this is the place that they wanted to wrestle, because they dominated Smoky Mountain Wrestling. They established Smoky Mountain Wrestling and if it wasn't for the Heavenly Bodies there wouldn't be a Smoky Mountain Wrestling today.

TP: That's right!

JC: And Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson, you've ruined all that and you've got you're final revenge. And I'll give it to you, you did what you said you were gonna do. After ten years man, the thing between me and you is over and you got what you wanted. But I'm gonna say this to you, I swear, I raise my right hand to God, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson, there will be another day, somehow, sometime, somewhere, I don't know when but there will be another day between me and you, and between you and the Heavenly Bodies. But for now, you've seen the last of Tom Prichard, and you've seen the last of Jimmy Del Ray, and I'm thinking seriously about going with them.

[Cornette, Del Ray and Prichard walk off to the left, camera turns for a view down the hallway. Cue Bob Segar's "Famous Final Scene" All three stop by a pile of bags. Del Ray and Prichard put jackets on. Prichard and Cornette hug. Prichard picks up his bags. Cornette picks up bags and hands them to Del Ray and hugs him. Cornette exits camera left. Del Ray and Prichard walk down the hall, pause, look back into the camera, and them continue walking.]

Guest iamsherm

Seeing that post about Cornette reminded me when he would "shoot" on RAW a few years back. It's been so long that I don't remember what he said, but I remember being captivated by it.

Like him or not, Vince has always been one to give historic diatribes. "Bret Screwed Bret" and his "Shades of Gray" speech to kick off the Attitude era come to mind.

Seeing that post about Cornette reminded me when he would "shoot" on RAW a few years back. It's been so long that I don't remember what he said, but I remember being captivated by it.

I absolutely LOVED Cornette's shoot on Phil Mushnick after Pillman died. That was intense. I haven't seen it since it aired in October 97, but it was more emotional than almost anything I've seen in the WWE since then.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Like him or not, Vince has always been one to give historic diatribes. "Bret Screwed Bret" and his "Shades of Gray" speech to kick off the Attitude era come to mind.

Yes can we get "Bret Screwed Bret" and "Get It?" up here ASAP?

Oh and we *need* a transcript of Rock's interview from WrestleMania XIV

Guest BorneAgain
Is this it?

Joey Styles: "What the hell are you doing here?!?"

Brian Pillman: "Haven't you heard? (laughs.) I like you as an announcer, Joey Styles. You know why? Because I just had an announcer in Atlanta, Georgia take away my constitutional rights. I have been fired by Eric Bischoff. He's a pretty popular guy these days. He's also pretty popular with my legal department as well. Bischoff, or should i say Jerkoff. You can't take away my constitutional rights, because I'm in Philadelphia where the fucking constitution was written! Now Mr. Gopher, Mr. 90s Wiz Kid, the great success story of '96. Former Coffee Gopher for Verne Gagne is now leading the show in the big time. You are a piece of fucking shit!"

Styles: "On that note we're gonna go to commercial. A bombshell has been dropped here tonight, Brian Pillman is..."

Pillman: "No, no, no, Joey Styles you're not running this interview. I am, 'cause I'm Brian fucking Pillman. Let me tell you a little more, you know what Eric Bischoff is, Eric Bischoff is each and every one of you mother fucking smark marks sons of bitches rolled up into one giant piece of shit! Oh, I guess you guys didnt get that huh? Smart marks, what's a smart mark? A mark with a high IQ? Ok Smart Marks, you know what a mark is, a mark is a guy that spends his last 20 dollars on crack cocaine. A mark is a guy that beleves that O.J. didnt do it. And a mark is everyone of you sorry sons of mother fucking bitches. So you know what I'm gonna do? The only appropriate thing Brian Pillman should do. I'm gonna jerk out my Johnson and piss in this hell hole." (Paul Heyman, Tod Gordon, and Shane Douglas run out to the ring.)

Paul Heyman: "Stop this! This is not a part of the deal. Brian it's not a part of the deal."

Pillman: "Deal? What deal? I do whatever I want, whenever I want and I don't give a fuck about you and your smart marks Bookerman!"

Pillman, Heyman, and Gordon stayed in the ring arguing, and they finally got security to escort Pillman out. An ECW "fan" took a swing at Pillman while he was leaving the ring, and Pillman grabbed him and threw him into the ring. He pulled a fork out of his boot and stabbed the fan blading him. Shane Douglas ran down to the ring and sat down in a steel chair, claiming that the show won't continue until that "...blonde piece of shit reject from WCW (is thrown out of) the front God damned door." This was what I called a "worked shoot" meaning that it was all scripted but made to look like a real angle. It was an excellent job of making Pillman look like a "Loose Cannon"

An incredible promo with some funny crowd interaction in the backround which had the ECW fans singing...

"Bischoff takes it up the ass, doo da, doo da. Bischoff takes it up the ass, 'O, a doo da day."

I was laughning my ass off when I first heard that.

Guest CED Ordonez
I absolutely LOVED Cornette's shoot on Phil Mushnick after Pillman died.  That was intense.  I haven't seen it since it aired in October 97, but it was more emotional than almost anything I've seen in the WWE since then.

I'm Jim Cornette and the views I'm about to express are my own, but as you'll see they may be yours, too. There's a man named Phil Mushnick that writes columns for the New York Post and for TV Guide. You probably never heard of Mr. Mushnick, but you should because he has some pretty nasty things to say about you. You see, Phil Mushnick hates pro wrestling and he's not content to just change the channel. He doesn't want you to be able to watch it either; not the WWF, WCW, ECW, nothing. For the past several years, Mushnick has led a one-man campaign to have the wrestling industry abolished.

Recently when Ted Turner donated one billion dollars to charity, Mr. Mushnick said the world would be better served if he closed up WCW. Phil Mushnick is the man who called for and spearheaded the media and publicity barrage over the federal indictment of Vince McMahon and the WWF on steroid charges.

Even though McMahon and the WWF were proven totally innocent in a federal courtroom, Mushnick ignores that fact to this day, and writes his columns as if it were a fact that they were guilty just so he can continue his one-man crusade. He even wrote a column one time about the Madison Square Garden Network firing Marv Albert, saying the Garden should cancel wrestling matches too. But Phil Mushnick not only hates wrestling, he hates wrestling fans. Here's a few things he's had said about you and I quote:

"If not for America's lunatic fringe and the disaffected, WCW would be out of business."

"If you can tell me that you would bring an important child in your life to a pro wrestling event, I have no gripe with you because you clearly don't know right from wrong."

"The overwhelming majority of the wrestling fans who contact me simply prove my point by flooding my mailbox with profanities, obscenities, and other acts that show them to be a distant franchised sub-culture."

Well, Mr. Mushnick, I'm a wrestling fan and a lot of the people that read the New York Post and TV Guide are wrestling fans, too, and we don't enjoy being insulted by publications we pay money to read. We don't appreciate being told we don't know how to parent our children. We don't want a pompous, self-righteous man with a grudge, sitting on top of Mount Olympus looking down his nose at us and campaigning to take away the constitutional right that every American is guaranteed, the freedom of speech, the freedom of choice, and the freedom to enjoy whatever entertainment we choose. Those are facts, Mr. Mushnick. Not rumors, not suppositions, but facts. You ought to try to deal in them sometime. And I think it's time that the millions of people that you belittle as subhuman every chance you get, tell the New York Post and TV Guide what they think of you.

But if this has been going on so long, why am I mad right now? Because recently Phil Mushnick used Brian Pillman's death to call for another "outcry" against wrestling and I quote once again:

"The problem is the mainstream media don't look hard enough at pro wrestling. Imagine if middle-aged pro-baseball players dropped dead on a regular basis, this would be page one stuff and a federal inquiry would be launched."

Brian Pillman was a friend of mine. From the time he was born with throat cancer, he had the courage to undergo 36 different throat operations. He had the courage to withstand the punishment of pro football and 10 years as a pro wrestler. He had the courage to come back from a car wreck that shattered his ankle, and from a lot of other personal tragedies.

And then one night he went to sleep in a hotel room and he died. And for you, Phil Mushnick, to use his death as an excuse for another call to action in your one man vendetta against pro wrestling is more vulgar and more obscene than anything that you've ever falsely accused the wrestling industry of being guilty of. So, on behalf of the wrestling fans, the wrestling industry, the friends and family of Brian Pillman, and anyone in this country today that denies any one man the right to force his morals and his beliefs on all of us, and take away our constitutional rights, on behalf of those people, I say GO TO HELL, Mr. Mushnick and try to reform things down there, because we're doing just fine up here without you. I'm Jim Cornette and that's my opinion.