TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

The Biggest Angle Ever

The following piece of Fantasy Booking is rated RRR.

To preface the storyline, I have to say that it felt great when I was writing it. My intent was to create a storyline that ties in WWE/WWF history and wraps it up nicely with current storylines and programs, and I feel I did that better than I could have imagined. You ever had anything just "click", that's what this felt like. It, really, put itself together in the end, and part of me feels like -oddly enough- it was destiny. Fate, however, may not be kind to my spelig grammar or and? Blame that on the Canadian Educational System, I know I do.

The story "peaks" at Summerslam, and it doesn't take into consideration the draft. It is, however, very flexible and crosses over onto both shows (it does not end the brand split, it does not bring back any star that already isn't already under contract, it doesn't debut any wrestler, it doesn't do anything that cannot be set up today, tomorrow, next week, or next month) which means whatever direction the WWE goes in the next few months, this can adapt easily. Whatever matches happen at Summerslam, this can adapt to (assume that the big matches for Summerslam have already been made with the current champions involved). As long as the key players are around, it works well. There are no exact dates involved, it does happen in sequence and one show follows another. I think it's the best thing that I've written, yes even better than Steve Urkel RAW GM or Trish Stratus 50-year-old Black woman, so if you enjoy my stuff, I think you will really like this. If you don't, read-on because it doesn't have the "humour" (which tends to be a subjective thing ;) ) that the previous 2 pieces had. I try to explain everything, so if you have a point of contention, please read-on before replying. It's long, but that's mostly formatting; it goes down pretty smooth :) Enjoy!

*Raw*

On an episode of RAW nearing Summerslam, Wrestler X is walking backstage when he hears something coming from behind a door. He opens the door to see 6 figures sitting around a table. They all have masks on (not typical wrestling masks) as well as cloaks. They get up, attack Wrestler X and the camera man following him. The video feed goes out, but the audio is still on.

Voice 1 (sounds like HHH): Do you think he saw anything?

Voice 2 (sounds like -----): Nah.

Voice 3 (sounds like -----): He better not have.

Voice 4 (sounds like ---): Hey guys, can we get back to business here?

Voice 5 (sounds like Flair): Yeah, and get rid of both of these guys' bodies behind the arena.

Voice 6 (sounds like Bradshaw): Yeah, and close the door you're lettin in a draft!

*Feed cuts off*

*Back to JR*

JR: What the hell was that?!

King: I dunno JR, I think it was just a meeting or something.

JR: Why were those guys wearing masks, and I think that sounded like..

King: I didn't hear anything or see anything JR, let's just ignore it and get back to this great RAW action!

-----------

*Smackdown*

*Teddy Long approaches Bradshaw backstage in his dressing room*

Teddy: I don't know what you are up to JBL, but I will find out.

JBL: What the hell are you talkin about Teddy?

Teddy: Oh, you know what I'm talkin about.

JBL: No... I don't...

Teddy: Don't play games with me JBL, I want to know what you were doing on RAW Monday!

JBL: WHAT?!

Teddy: Ya heard me playa. I heard your voice on RAW last Monday.

JBL: You must have me mistakened for someone else Teddy, I was in New York on Monday with some investors. I can give you their names and they will tell you the same thing. Infact, here, you can talk to one of em yourself.

*JBL takes out his cell phone and hands it to Teddy*

Teddy: Hello? Hi, is this Warren Larson? Yes, hello, this is Theodore Long, GM of WWE Smackdown, and I was wondering where were you last Monday night? Uh huh, uh huh, New York, with John Bradshaw Layfield... ok, alright, thank you very much.

*Teddy looks at JBL and JBL smiles*

Teddy: Well I apologize John, I guess I made a mistake.

JBL: That's ok Theodore, we're all human, we all make mistakes.

Teddy: I'll see ya lata, playa.

JBL: Don't forget to close the door, you're lettin in a draft.

*Teddy immediately turns around back to JBL and just stares at him.*

*JBL smiles*

JBL: A draft... a lil cold wind from outside. It's freezin in here. So could ya hurry-it-on up and get outta here, Teddy.

*Teddy slowly turns around to leave*

-----

*RAW Week 2*

*Bischoff is talking on the phone*

Eric: Yeah Teddy, I thought i heard their voices too.

Eric: Yeah, yeah, there is somethin big goin down if it's those 3 together, and I have my suspicions on the other 3. I mean, I've heard rumours, but...

*Eric Sees the Camera*

Eric: HEY! Did I tell you to come in here?!

*Camera leaves, but manages to open the door to see/hear Eric say*

Eric: I think we should meet up to, I'll see you on Smackdown...

------

*Smackdown Week 2*

*Bischoff is seen entering the building from his car, he is walking quickly and is greeted by Long*

Bischoff: This is worse than I thought.

Long: Wuddaya mean Eric?

Bischoff: I just got finished talking with some "sources" of mine, guys who have been around for a while, and this "thing", well, it goes deep. Really deep.

Long: That's not good, Eric. I've got a bad feelin about this.

Bischoff: That's not good for either one of us, Teddy. I've had to deal with this kind of stuff in WCW, and from what I hear, this is 100xs worse.

Long: Hell Eric, that kinda stuff killed WCW!

Bischoff: I know, which is why we gotta know how bad it really is and we gotta stop it before it gets worse.

*Long looks around*

Long: I don't think it's safe to talk about this right here, right now. Let's go inside.

Bischoff: Agreed.

------

*Raw Week 3*

(Bischoff had been absent for most of the night, JR said he had been taken to the hospital. At the end of the night, his music plays...)

*Bischoff walks down to the ring, bruised and bandaged*

Eric: If I could have everyones attention. Earlier today I was attacked. It was during an interview I conducted with HHH. Now, HHH didn't want you to see this interview. Infact, he beat up me and the Camera man and took the tape that was in the camera. I figured he might do something like that, so I had another camera hidden. Here is what he didn't want you to see...

*HHH and Flair walk into Bischoffs office, the hidden camera is behind a plant*

HHH: What do you want Eric?

*Eric is sitting there with Teddy standing at his side*

Bischoff: Come in, Hunter.

HHH: What the hell is HE doing here? *points to Long*

Bischoff: He's here because even though RAW and Smackdown are competing brands, it appears that some of our wrestlers are mingling with each other, and that affects both of us...

HHH: I don't know what you are talking about, Eric.

Flair: C'mon Champ, let's get outta here.

Teddy: Oh waitta minute Ric, this concerns you too.

Bischoff: You see, a few weeks ago there were voices heard, live, on RAW. One of them sounded like you, HHH. And another sounded like you, Ric.

Teddy: And one sounded like JBL, John Bradshaw Layfield, one of MY guys, a Smackdown wrestler.

Bischoff: So what was a Smackdown wrestler doing here talking with a RAW wrestler, HHH?

HHH: Eric, like I said, I don't know what you are talking about. That wasn't my voice Eric, look, there are millions of guys who sound like me, it could have been any one of them. And I saw Smackdown, JBL was in New York at the time and he had someone confirm it for him. As for Flair, hell, the guy is so old he can't even remember where he was at yesterday, ain't that right Ric?

Ric: Whah?

HHH: See?

Bischoff: Oh CUT THE CRAP Hunter, I know it was you! I know it was Ric! And I don't care where someone says JBL was I know it was him too. I also know who the other 3 were, so unless you want those names exposed to the public -and I know you don't-, then you better come clean and tell me what you 6 intend on doing.

HHH: I want to see my lawyer.

Bischoff: Why? There hasn't been a crime committed.

HHH: Don't worry, there will be.

*HHH turns and knocks down the camera man and attacks Bischoff and Long*

HHH: YOU WILL NOT SCREW THIS UP! IT HAS TAKEN WAY TOO LONG TO PLAN FOR SOME LOSER LIKE YOU TO RUIN!

Flair: AND YOU! TEDDY LONG! SOME DAMN REFEREE! PEANUT HEAD! I STARTED THIS LONG AGO AND I DAMN SURE WON'T HAVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU MESS IT UP!

HHH: Oh *beep* the camera is still on.

Flair: Take the tape and let's get outta here.

*back to bischoff*

Bischoff: So now, here are the names of the 3 other men on that tape.

*HHH's music plays*

*HHH rushes down and confronts Bischoff*

Bischoff: What are you gonna do Hunter? You are going to have to kill me to keep me from talking!

HHH: No... the only thing I have to do to keep you from talking is this...

*HHH grabs Bischoff by the throat and takes him down*

JR: Oh god no! I'm not one of bischoffs biggest supporters, but dammit he's not a wrestler, he just is protecting RAW, he doesn't deserve this!

*Flair runs in with a chair and they put it around Bischoffs head*

JR: Oh come on! Can we get some help here?! Is everyone so afraid of HHH that they can't help here?! Is bischoff so hated?!

*HHH jumps off the ropes and crushes Bischoffs throat*

JR: DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT! Damn you HHH!

*HBK runs down and stops HHH*

JR: YES! FINALLY SOME HELP!

*Bischoff looks up in fear*

HBK picks up the chair as if to attack Hunter and then motions to HHH.

*Hunter and Flair go over and stretch Bischoffs arms out*

JR: What the...

*HBK takes the chair to Bischoffs hands*

JR: OH MAH GAWD NO! NO! WHY! WHY SHAWN! JESUS CHRIST WHY!?!

King: JR, the last man who said "why" is in that ring right now, so if I were you I'd stop asking questions!

JR: THIS AIN'T RIGHT KING! AND YOU KNOW IT! AND YOU KNOW SOMETHING DAMMIT! WHAT DO YOU KNOW!! WHY WON'T YOU SAY ANYTHING!

*King leaves the announce position*

JR: THIS AIN'T RIGHT! RIC FLAIR, HHH, and HBK.. AND BRADSHAW. What's the connection and why?! WHO ARE THE OTHER 2! I need some answers dammit!

*show closes*

------

*Smackdown Week 3*

*JBL goes up to Teddy Long*

JBL: Teddy, I gotta know. What did Bischoff tell you, about all this?

Teddy: JBL, I am not talking to you.

JBL: Teddy, I don't know what happened there on RAW, but I am telling you I was not a part of it.

Teddy: Bradshaw, get out of my office.

JBL: Teddy, you have gotta believe me.

Teddy: Bradshaw, GET OUT.

*JBL grabs Teddy*

JBL: TEDDY, YOU WILL BELIEVE ME!

*Kurt Angle rushes in from outside*

Angle: HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!

*Angle pulls and throws Bradshaw off Teddy and looks ready to fight*

Angle: Now I may not agree with Teddy Long all the time, but I respect him as a GM and you will too dammit! Or else I'll break your *beepin* ankle!

*Bradshaw backs off and leaves*

Angle: Are you alright, Teddy?

Teddy: Yeah, Kurt, I am. Thanks.

Angle: Teddy, what's goin on here?

Teddy: You don't want to know, Kurt.

Angle: Teddy, I gotta know. This involves me, you, everyone on Smackdown. What did Eric tell you?

Teddy: Eric told me that there are a group of 6 or so guys who, well, we don't know what they're doin, but they're plannin somethin Kurt. And, well, they've been around for a while... that's all I know.

Angle: How long?

Teddy: Longer than any of us have been here, I'll tell ya that.

Angle: Who's involved? Did Eric tell you the other 2?

Teddy: No, no he didn't. He probably knew that anyone knowing that information would, well, end up like him. In the hospital, unable to communicate with anybody.

Angle: Well, when this thing goes down. I've got your back. And I know a bunch of other guys in that locker room who got your back as well. We may not all like each other, we may pound the crap out of each other each night, but we'll fight together if that means saving Smackdown. If it means protecting our group.

Teddy: Thanks Kurt, that means a lot.

------

Cole and Tazz have a talk...

Cole: Ok, Tazz, you've been around this business, you hear lots of things. Now, The King ain't talkin. What do you know?

Tazz: I know that, for years, at least a decade, there has been talk about a group of guys behind the scenes that, well, are in control.

Cole: In control?

Tazz: You know, they get more title opportunities than others. They get more air time on TV. They get paid more money.

Cole: Do you know who these guys were?

Tazz: I hear rumours of who they are, when I was backstage I saw certain people hanging out with certain people, but I know enough to know that if I name names, I'm done for, brutha, and let's leave it at that.

Cole: Is this what is going on here? A big power play?

Tazz: I dunno, but I wouldn't want to be in the crossfire when something like that happens.

------

*Week 4: Last Raw until Summerslam*

*HHH, Michaels, Flair come out*

HHH: There has been this big misunderstanding, on RAW -and on Smackdown. See, there isn't this big "power play" going on. There isn't this big "grand conspiracy" or secret group or anything like that. What happened to Bischoff last week was a mistake. We may have... overreacted. He simply was sticking his nose into the wrong business. And that was OUR business.

HBK: For YEARS, now, HHH and I have been friends and we have been foes. And, guess what? We're friends again. That stuff happens between friends, it happens between family. And we, me, HHH, and Ric. We're a family. And Eric, last week you got inbetween family. Now that the cat is out of the bag, we might as well come out and say it. I want YOU Batista. In the ring, for the title. I would have liked to have said that with a chair shot from behind, you know, getting the upperhand in the feud and whatnot, but I guess now is a good of a time as any. I want the title. And I will strike you down and take it.

Flair: WHOOO! That's right, big man! You may have beaten HHH, and you may have even beaten me. But we've got the heart break kid SHAWN MICHAELS! now and he's beaten you before, and by god, he'll beat you again. It's been a long time comin big man, and you're goin down very, very soon! As for that guy on Smackdown... There's only been THREE groups in professional wrestling worth mentioning... the four horsemen, DX, and Evolution... and lemme tell ya this right now, BRADSHAW, would never be good enough to lick THE BOOTS of any of those groups. WHOOOO!

------

*Week 4: Smackdown before Summerslam*

*Bradshaw promo*

JBL: I am being accused of many falsehoods. I am being called out because of those falsehoods. I am being called out by Kurt Angle. I am being called out by Ric Flair. I do not appreciate being slandered in such a manner. I have proven my innocence, I was never, EVER, on RAW at any time in the last 6 months. I have people who can confirm my whereabouts any Monday night of the year. And to be called out by Kurt Angle and Ric Flair is just disgusting and distasteful. And it will not go unanswered or unpunished. In 3 days at Summerslam, I will have my redemption!

-----

*Teddy Long promo*

Teddy: I don't know the full story goin on here. If I were to believe everyone BUT Eric Bischoff, then HHH, Flair, and HBK are on Raw saying they are together, and that Bradshaw isn't with them. Bradshaw is on Smackdown saying that he is not with HHH, Flair and HBK. And Kurt Angle has my back...and I'll believe that when I see it, playas.

Bradshaw wants Angle and Flair. At Summerslam. But if I were to believe Bischoff, then Bradshaw, Flair, HHH, and HBK are together and there are 2 other guys that are planning to do something big... something that could destroy both Raw and Smackdown.

Jerry Lawler, a man who has been around here for well over a decade knows something and is scared, and the wrestlers in the locker room either know something and are too scared to say anything, or don't know anything and are still scared to say anything.

Well I want answers. And at Summerslam, I am going to GET answers. Because Eric Bischoff's nurse just called me, and said he'll be getting out of the hospital Friday, will be on a plane Saturday, and will be at *insert arena* Sunday and will lay the whole thing out. Now can ya feel me, playas?

-----

*Week 4: Summerslam*

*Teddy Long is waiting outside*

*A motorcycle rushes by and throws off a large body bag*

*Long runs over and opens it and sees Bischoff unconscious. Long gets on the phone and calls a medic*

(*Later on in the show*)

*Long is sitting in his room and is on the phone*

Long: What do you mean he was in no condition to leave the hospital?! I got a call from his nurse saying that he was! What? He didn't have a nurse? HE WAS TAKEN?! By who?! 6 large men in masks... Oh sonnofa...

(*Later on in the show*)

*Long talks with HHH, Flair, HBK, Bradshaw, and Angle, seperately.*

Angle: Why are you talking with me Teddy? I'm not a suspect in all this, am I?

Teddy: Kurt, I don't know who to trust. All I know is that HHH, Flair, HBK, and Bradshaw all had skintight alibis and couldn't possibly have dropped Eric off here. So I gotta know, where were you today?

Angle: I was with my wife and kids. The whole day. You can go ahead and ask them.

Teddy: No need to, Kurt. I already did and they said what you said. Sorry to bother you.

Angle: Just catch the guy who did this Teddy, and make him pay.

-----

The end of the show has Batista, HBK, HHH, and Flair in the ring (whoever Batistas opponent is doesn't matter). JBL runs down and takes out Flair. Batista is still getting beaten down. Angle runs in, looks at JBL and sees him attacking Flair. He stops and thinks. JBL looks back. They understand each other. Angle attacks HHH and HBK, helping Batista. It is even. Cena runs down to give the advantage to Smackdown. It is hectic in the ring, punches flying everywhere. HHH, HBK, and Flair get eliminated. Bradshaw, Kurt, Batista, and Cena are in the ring. Then...

*black*

*BONG!*

*The Undertaker makes his return to the WWE and walks down to ringside and everyone stops*

*He stands in the ring between Batista, Cena, Bradshaw and Angle.*

*HHH, Flair, HBK look scared shitless. Everyone else in ring is pumped up.*

*The video screen turns on and everyone turns to it*

*Video footage of Bischoff being loaded into the bodybag is shown. A guy in a motocycle helmet is zipping it up. He puts the body on the motorcycle and turns to the camera. He takes off his helmet to reveal The Undertaker, who does his eye and tongue thing.*

*Batista and Cena turn to see HHH, Flair, HBK, Angle, Taker, and Bradshaw surrounding them, and smiling.*

*Huge beat down*

*Show ends with the announcers freaking out, and the belts being raised high by the 6. "A goddamn power play" is the last thing said.*

-----

*RAW Week 5*

*Vince McMahon starts the show in the ring*

Vince: For 25 years I have controlled every single aspect of the WWE. I have always had power. Ted Turner. The Federal Government. They tried to take me down, they tried to take away my power... and they failed! I have never lost power, and I am not losing power now. What happened last night at Summerslam, that was just like the others. It was an attempt to take power away from me, the owner of the WWE. And it, and the 6 members who pulled it off, will FAIL.

I still sign the cheques and the contracts, I still have the power to FIRE every single one of those 6 wrestlers. It was a nice lil coup for one night, but that's all it was... one night. It will not happen again. Because I signed the release papers of The Undertaker, HHH, HBK, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, and JBL and as of right now they are no longer WWE employees!

*New Music Plays*

*The group of 6 come out and enter the ring*

Vince: What the hell? You're all fired! Security, SECURITY, get them the hell outta here!

*Security doesn't budge*

HHH: What's the matter Vince? What happened to that power of yours?

Vince: What's going on here?

HHH: How stupid do you think we are Vince? Do you honestly think that we'd go up against you if we weren't protected?

Vince: What did you do?

HHH: What did we do? Maybe you should be asking "What have we done?" because all we are doing now is doing what we have done for the past 15 years! Only now, we're making it public.

Vince: What?

Ric: YA SEE VINCE, OL VINNY BOY! 15 years ago, an NWA champion named Ric Flair entered the WWE. But, this wasn't the NWA, oh no. This wasn't WCW. This wasn't Jim Crockett Promotions. This was New York~! Up north! Hulk Hogan and Vince Mcmahon! And there was no way, NO WAY, someone like me -even if he was the NWA champion- could have been a WWE champion. I couldn't have had that power without some guys watchin my back. And one of those guys is standing in the ring with me right now...

*Vince looks at HBK*

*HBK shakes his head*

Ric: No, no, no. Look HIGHER Vince! Look at the dead man, the Undertaker!

*Vince looks at Taker and asks why?*

Taker: Put the pieces together in your mind Vince. I've been here all along. I've been here for 15 years, and I didn't stay around, I didn't stay on top, by luck. I've always had somebody watchin my back, lookin out for my interests. In 1991, three men got together and decided it was time to take the power away from you, and put in their own hands. To take their own destiny and mold it themselves. It was me... Ric Flair.. and Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

JR: Bret Hart? What does he have to do with all this?!

Flair: That's right. BRET HART! You never saw that one comin, did you Vince? Never saw it comin! That's what made our pact so good, no one saw it! No one knew! We were winning titles after titles after titles and nobody made the connection. But it was there. You look at every step along the way, and it was THERE! Whooooo... Who did I hand that title off to before I left Vince? Take a guess? That's RIGHT! Bret Hart. When you fired me, when I went back to WCW, I made sure the power stayed in the group. And when one goes, another takes his place.

Michaels: And that's where I come in. In 1994 Taker and Hart came to me and they said "we want you in", and so rose the Heartbreak kid. We ruled the world. The title kept moving between us, the power always remained with us. By 1997 the only thing that could stop us was ourselves. Survivor Series. Montreal. Bret Hart made the wrong choice. WE came up with the idea to screw him over Vince, and with that, one goes out and another comes in. HHH!

HHH: The late 90's was tough. Austin wouldn't play ball. The Rock was just in it for himself. But we played the game. We lasted. And then we thrived. We got in the ears of certain people behind the scenes. The producers gave us the best shots, the best music, the best lighting, the best spots on the card, the most TV time. The magazine people put us on the covers. The merchandise people gave us the best t-shits. We were on DVDs. And when Michaels got injured and gone...

Bradshaw: I CAME IN. That's right. Cept I wasn't like everyone else. I didn't just rise up and take power... I waited. And I waited. Like any good investment, I waited until the time was right and then BAM, I go bull and I take the title. HA HA.

Flair: And then you had to go and buy WCW. I said that very night, the last Nitro ever, I said that you cannot take our lives, our destinies, in the palm of your hand. You think you have the power, YOU DON'T HAVE THE POWER, YOU DON'T! So when I came back, after the big Invasion of the WWE, I came back because I wanted to take that power BACK. I owned 50% of the WWE! We, you and me, were partners! But you, you, you always come back. You always find a way to win, Vince. And soon enough, I lost that power. And then you tried to divide us up, Raw and Smackdown. Split the power!

Angle: So in comes me. Shawn Michaels returns, that makes 5, and I make 6. 3 on Raw, 3 on Smackdown. And we got stronger. There's only one problem now... we don't have the gold. Batista, Cena... they have the gold. They have what we want. They stand in our way of ultimate power. But they weren't standing for long at Summerslam. Oh no, we CRUSHED them, and when they heal up, when they get back from the hospital, we'll crush them and then take their titles! Oh it's true.

HHH: See, Vince. It was a consolidation of power. The 6 of us together, we are stronger than any force in the universe. And 6 of our minds together, all this experience... We've been working on this plan for YEARS, you'd actually think we'd go up against you unprepared. You think we'd make a mistake like "accidently" having some wrestler open a door and ruin our entire plan?! It was all a set up Vince. It was all leading to Summerslam, and it was all leading to this night, to this momment right now!

Bradshaw WAS talking to some investors on wallstreet, YOUR INVESTORS. YOUR Board of Directors. Bradshaw told them what was what. And they didn't like the idea of their top 6 stars being fired in one night. Because something like that would KILL a stocks price, and it would kill their investment. So you know what they did, they took the power away from you, and they gave it to US. So you CAN'T FIRE us, because there's a new CEO of the WWE and HER name is Stephanie McMahon Helmsley!

JR: Oh, my, god.

*Steph comes down to the ring, smiling, bouncing, jiggling, jumps in the ring and hugs HHH*

*Vince is shocked, dismayed, silenced, dead inside*

Steph: What, daddy? Vince? What are you so shocked about? Jeez, how many times have I tried to take over this damned company? The problem always was, though I always had the position to take over, I never had the support of the board, and I never had the support of the key players. Well, now I have both. And now, WE have the power Take a look around you, it was INEVITABLE.

When you have power for so long, you get lazy with it, you think you are inVinceable... and just when you think no one will take it from you, someone will most certainly take it from you. And that's the difference. These men have been busting their ass for you for decades, while you've been making millions of dollars just sitting in your office. They've been working, planning, scheming.. waiting... and their time has come. There was a powerplay, Vince... and you just got played.

*Vince gets arrested by security and taken out of the arena*

Flair: The King is Dead! The King is Dead! Long... live... The Kingdom... TAKER! HHH! HBK! JBL! KURT ANGLE! RIC FLAIR!

*The rest of the show runs with the 6 taking charge.*

-------

*Smackdown Week 5*

This is a "special" episode of Smackdown. It is airing right after the raw reveal, and it is announced on RAW that this special will take place. It is entirely dedicated to the rise of The Kingdom of 6 (KO6).

This story is an kayfabed explanation (using real life events) to explain how (and why) the WWE got to where it is today. It isn't in full detail, but I try to provide a lot of the visual cues. Some stuff may be left out, but it best explains the story of the KO6. Those who know some of the particulars of WWEs past may enjoy this more than others. A lot of the inside info is from what I have gathered over the years.

It started in 1991 when Ric Flair entered the WWF.

After dominating the NWA/JCP for nearly a decade, where he had full control over his destiny and the 4 horsemen watching his back, Flair ended up in the WWF where Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan controlled things. Flair couldn't have that, he needed leverage. So he scoured the locker room looking for allies. He found them in a dominating giant named "The Undertaker", who was set up for a title shot against Hogan, and a young prospect named Bret Hart. Hart had a family alliance in Jim Neidhart, The British Bulldog, and Owen Hart that could be exploited, so he became an potential asset for the group.

In the 1920's there was a group called the "Golddust Trio". They consisted of Strangler Lewis, Toots Mondt, and Billy Sandow. They controlled the wrestling business and took a lot of the power away from the promoters and Flair had similar aspirations for his trio in the 1990's. They got the name "The 3 Kings" by those in the know.

*shot of Flair helping Taker win the world title in 1991*

*shot of Flair winning the world title at RR92*

*shot of Hart winning the IC title at WM 8*

They worked mainly in secrecy, because if anyone knew that the 3 were working together they'd be split up. Each guy was different from the other, Flair was a wild man, Hart was a straight man, and Taker -well- Taker was a dead man; so it would be hard to draw a connection between the 3. They didn't necessarily like each other, but they had an understanding between the three of them. If they were to meet in the ring, they'd go at it full-force with the knowledge that the power stayed in the group no matter who won or lost. And if the group was powerful, then the individuals in the group would be powerful. Together they came up with plans to keep the gold in their group - to keep each other in the spotlight and making money - to keep themselves in power. Each guy worked his own angle, became friends with other wrestlers and behind-the-scenes workers, and thus started a network of influence.

*shows wrestlers who were in the network of influence... Piper, Perfect, Roberts, Bulldog, etc.*

They were still in the growth stage when Flair saw the writing on the wall - Hogans power was dwindling, but he still had influence over McMahon. And both McMahon and Hogan did not like Flair. Flair had the title in the Summer of 92, but knew that he was going to be fired in the next few months. He wanted the trio to keep power just incase he ever returned to the WWF.

*shot of Flair losing the title to Hart*

Flair was gone in early 1993, but Hart still had the belt. Taker and Hart both knew they needed a new member, because 2 guys couldn't take on the entire WWF by themselves. Flair knew this too, and so he got to talking with a new WWF wrestler, and a former NWA buddy, named Lex Luger. Luger was seen by McMahon as a hot property, and a possible successor to Hogans musclebound throne. Lex, a former horsemen, agreed to become one of the 3 Kings on the good word of Flair.

At WM 9 Hart lost the title to Yokozuna (who lost it on a powerplay to Hogan who lost it back to Yoko at the first KOTR - which Hart ended up winning). Luger got his shot at Yoko at Summerslam and failed. Both he and Taker took on Yoko at Survivor Series. Taker took on Yoko at the Royal Rumble and failed. However, though Taker lost that night, Luger and Hart were still in the royal rumble together.

*shot of Luger and Harts feet touching the floor at the same time*

It was a contingency plan just in case Taker lost that night. Hart knew he couldn't beat Yokozuna on his own, and he was hoping that McMahon would have made it a 3 way at WM if he and Luger came to a draw - instead we got Luger/Yoko and Hart/Hart, with the winner of Luger/Yoko facing Hart in the main event. Bret won the title that night and had the locker room carry him on their shoulders, the power remained with the 3 Kings. And since Owen Hart was Brets top contender and also his brother, the future for the group was looking up.

Luger, however, was losing steam rapidly. Taker and Hart started to look for a potential third, incase Luger ended up jumping to WCW. They couldn't kick Luger out, they had made a promise to Flair to keep him in the group, but they needed some insurance. Around this time (post WM X) a wrestler who Hart knew well was making a name for himself. His name was Shawn Michaels. Michaels had been forming his own alliance with Diesel and Razor Ramon, but it was more for having fun than having power. HBK showed signs of being a true power player, though, in how he organized keeping the IC belt between he and Razor. Taker and Hart saw this and went to Michaels with a proposition - for him to become a hidden fourth member of the group. Michaels agreed, and with 7 wrestlers (3 official - Hart, Luger, Taker - / 4 unofficial -HBK, Nash, Hall, Owen-), the power for the group was consolidated and doubled. The 3 Kings became a Kingdom; A Kingdom of 7. Through the second half of 1994 and throughout 1995 they dominated the WWF.

*shots of continuous pairings between the 6*

- Diesel vs. Hart KOTR 94

- Owen vs. Ramon KOTR 94

- Owen vs. Bret SS 94

- Ramon vs. Diesel SS 94

- Ramon vs. Owen, Michaels, Diesel SSe 95

- Hart vs. Backlund SSe 95

- Backlund vs. Diesel (the next night)

- Diesel vs. Hart RR95

- Shawn Michaels wins the 1995 Royal Rumble

- Diesel vs. Michaels WM12

Luger was pushed to the side where he saw Michaels and his crew get pushed to the moon along with Hart and Taker. Hart passed Luger off to his brother in law, the British Bulldog where they formed the Allied Powers. Luger, however, couldn't take being put on the backburner and left for WCW soon after. Shawn Michaels became a permenant member of the 3 Kings.

By RR 96, all was going smoothly. Taker and Hart were in the main event against each other for the title, and Michaels had won his second straight RR title. The Power remained in the group. The group was strong. At WM 12, Hart and Michaels main evented while Diesel and Taker were co-main eventing. However, problems were beginning to arise. Nash and Hall didn't like the fact that Hart and Taker were controlling things, and that the power belonged within the kliq. Hart and Taker knew this and saw a potential coup d'etat. They squashed it by slipping some info to WCW (through Flair) that Nash and Hall were unhappy in the WWF and that a large money counter-offer would get them to leave. They also had Flair (who they knew Nash and Hall were fans of) get in their ears about a potential power situation in WCW. The result was Hall and Nash leaving for WCW with no ill-will from either side.

Another problem during this time was from within the locker room. The power of the 3 Kings had gotten obvious, as the kliq made it no secret that they had control, and Hart and Taker were starting to feel the heat. Hart decided to take some time away and let everything cool down. He would still be in the kingdom and have influence over the direction of the WWE, infact, he was hoping for more influence as he was renegotiating a contract with McMahon at the same time. The terms of the contract would guarantee him some of the same control Hogan had in WCW and would also extend beyond his wrestling career.

With Hart gone, HBK was defending the belt constantly and Taker was in a high profile feud with Mankind.

*shots of HBK defending against Sid, Vader, Mankind, Taker*

When Hart returned, he started a feud with Steve Austin - who was starting to develop a strong following. Hart and Taker saw this, and Hart proposed molding Austin into his successor in the kingdom when he planned to retire in the coming years. HBK wanted his buddy HHH to take that spot. This caused a strong rift between the three, and since HBK's power had grown in Harts absense, no decision could be made either way. Shawn made the case that Austin didn't like it in WCW when Hogan had the power, so why would he want to be like that in the WWF? Plus, Hunter had proven himself to be a manipulator (willingly laying down for Warrior so that he could get on McMahons good side) and was fitting for the role.

Both sides manipulated behind the scenes to get "their guy" a power spot on the roster. Austin ended up winning the RR in 1997 and Hunter won the IC title. HBK decided to throw a wrench in Taker and Harts plan of pushing Austin when he "lost his smile" and vacated the title. Hart had a problem with this, but Taker did not - since he ended up winning the title anyways at WM 13. Hart responded with his memorable match with Austin that made Austin a superstar. The Kings remained in power, but there was a growing rift between the 3.

There was a battle between Hart and Michaels, with Taker in the middle. The two bickered and fought, and at the same time Bret was shooting a documentary. This annoyed Taker, because he thought it opened the possibility of the Kings being exposed. HHH won the King of the Ring in 1997 and he and Michaels were paired up as DX. The main event for Summerslam that year was Taker vs. Hart with Michaels as a special guest ref - Austin was positioned with Brets brother Owen and HHH was put with Mankind - who had proven to be an asset for the Kings in the past, for matches and feuds.

*shot of SS 97*

Though Hart had the title, he didn't like where things were going. Taker was leaning towards HHH, feeling that Austin had bad blood towards the Hart family for his "accident" at Summerslam 97 and was getting too big popularity-wise to control. Hart was also worried that McMahon might back out of the contract that guaranteed Hart a power position in the future. He, like Flair before him, saw the writing on the wall and started looking for options. Bret knew he would end up losing the power struggle to HBK, so he wanted to know what the best way out was. He came up with a solution, which ultimately ended up being drawing to a no contest in Montreal and dropping the title the next night on RAW.

HHH had other plans.

*shot of SSe 97*

Tired of sitting on the sidelines, HHH got in HBK and Vinces ear about a screw job in Montreal. He saw that Bret was trying to keep power for himself and not the group, and that if they let Bret just drop the title they (the Kings) would look like pussies. He got his way and that night HBK beat Hart for the title, and HHH became the third member in the Kingdom. Things were looking up for HBK and HHH, but Taker saw things differently. He was the only original member of the 3 Kings remaining, and he was guaranteed to be out-voted on every issue by best-buds HBK/HHH. He had to do something, and at RR98 he did.

*shot of Taker backdropping HBK on the casket*

HBK, who had a long list of back injuries in the past, took a career-ending injury in his RR match with Taker. Before Michaels' last match against Steve Austin, Taker confronted him making sure HBK would "do the right thing" and drop the title to Austin and get the shift of power over with. Taker knew that Austin could not be pursuaded to join the Kings, after the SS97 incident it was clear HBK and Hunter could not be trusted and were no better than Hogan. Austin was huge, and there was no way to wrestle power from him. Taker knew that they had to wait it out and that the days of 95/96 were long gone.

He and HHH still kept a high profile in 1998, they still had a lot of power, with Taker feuding with Austin and HHH leading the very popular DX. But with HBK gone, they still needed a 3rd member. Someone who they could trust, who would not get too big and ruin everything they had built for 7 years, and someone who no one would guess would be a part of a power group like the 3 Kings.

Enter Bradshaw.

Bradshaw, a Texan (like Taker), had a football background, was tough and could hold his own, had been around for years, and was trusted backstage. He also was a favourite of McMahon and Ross and continually got chances with the company. After WM 14, he alligned with Taker and HHH and got a semi-push against Kaientai and was also entered in the Brawl 4 All where he made it to the finals. He caught a lucky break when he and Faarooq teamed together to form the Acolytes, which just-so-happened to be a part of Takers newly formed Ministry of Darkness.

The first half of 1999 was a very good year for the Kings. HHH was on the verge of a big heel push, Taker was involved in the main event scene with Austin and McMahon, and Bradshaw was going strong with the acolytes. They weren't as prominent as they were at their peak in 1996, but they were rebuilding. And best of all, no one was aware of their connection.

*shots of Taker feuding with Austin*

The second half was extremely good for them as HHH was put in a top heel spot and was involved in main event programs and won the title in August and then again in September. The group caught a break when, at Survivor Series 1999, Steve Austin -their biggest hurdle for dominance in the WWF- got hit by a car. Also, HHH had begun to form a relationship with Vince's daughter, Stephanie.

*shots of HHH's rise to power*

*shot of Austin getting hit by a car*

2000, however, presented a problem for the group. Taker was off of television, and 5 wrestlers became threats even greater than Austin. They were The Rock, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, The Big Show, and Kurt Angle. The Kings had worked on burying both The Big Show and Chris Jericho (Taker worked on burying Big Show, while HHH handled Jericho)

*shots of Jericho facing various kliq members - roaddogg, chyna -, Big Show riding around on a casket, paired with Taker, getting pedigreed by HHH for the title*

They didn't see Benoit as much of a threat, but they knew he was _a_ threat, since he didn't put up with political bullshit.

*shot of HHH pinning Benoit in their first match*

Angle was handled from afar, with the group taking a hands-off approach with him.

*shot of Angle getting beaten by Tazz*

The Rock was, by far, the biggest problem. HHH personally disliked The Rock, and Rock was being protected by those within the company (Pat Patterson). He was too big to get buried and, like Austin, they could only try to control his growth. And the only way they could control his growth was by being around him.

*shots of HHH vs. Rock feud, Taker being involved in the Ironman match*

However, 3 of the men they tried to get rid of earlier moved back up the ladder, and at Fully Loaded 2000 those three men had to be put down again.

*shot of Taker beating Angle, HHH beating Jericho, Rock beating Benoit*

In the mean time, Bradshaw became a popular performer in front of the camera with Faarooq when they created the APA, and a very feared person in the locker room as an 'enforcer'.

*Shot of Bradshaw cutting a promo on Edge and Christian at Fully Loaded*

The group caught a lucky bounce when Rock went to do acting. Taker knew the effects hollywood had on a popular wrestler as he saw it first hand with Hogan, and -using his locker-room leader status- encouraged Rock to continue-on in acting.

Just when their luck was improving, a former enemy of theirs came back, and a threat just became bigger.

*Shot of Steve Austin trying to find his attacker*

*Shot of Rikishi admitting it was him.*

*Shot of Austin finding out it was HHH who arranged it*

*Shot of Austin beating HHH at SS00*

*Shot of Angle beating Taker at SS00*

Taker and HHH had to think fast, they were losing the power they had taken years to build. They both were involved in the WWF title match at Armageddon, but Angle managed to squeak through.

*shot of Angle winning at Armageddon*

*shot of Angle winning against HHH at Royal Rumble*

*shot of Austin winning the royal rumble*

*shot of Rock beating Angle at NWO*

Though in the ring they were failing, outside the ring HHH had made advancements in his relationship with Stephanie and they became a couple by the start of 2001. This relationship allowed the group to regain some of its power.

*shot of HHH beating Austin at NWO 01*

*shot of Steph beating Trish*

At WM 17, Austin and Rock - the groups two biggest barriers - were in the main event fighting for the WWF title. HHH and Taker had no one in their league to feud with, so they came up with a decision to feud with each other, so they could keep the spotlight -and therefore the power- within the group.

*shots of Taker vs. HHH feud*

In the meantime, they managed to get Steph to convince Vince to turn Austin heel and pair him with Hunter after Mania. They feuded against (none-other-than) Taker and Kane.

*Shots of Vince pairing with Austin, Austin pairing with Hunter and the 2 man power trip and taking out Rock*

*Shots of Taker/Kane vs. HHH/Austin and their respective matches*

With Rock gone and HHH/Taker in the top positions in the company, power was shifting back towards the group.

Bad luck managed to strike again when HHH got injured in a tag match against Jericho and Benoit.

*Shot of the quad tear*

Just as they were starting to rise to ultimate power, they sunk into their deepest low. Not a single one of them were in the title picture, the group had seemingly lost all power.

During all this, Shane McMahon had purchased WCW and had put Vince on notice.

*Shot of the final Nitro, including Ric Flairs "You can't hold us in the palm of your hand" speech*

Shane knew the power the Kings wielded, even if his father doubted, and saw HHH's injury as a prime opportunity to take over the company and get rid of the 3 Kings once and for all. HHH, not knowing Shane McMahons motives, saw this as a last-chance point of attack to gain power in the WWE and urged Stephanie to get in on the battle... not knowing that Steph would end up buying ECW and alligning with her brother. Since HHH was rehabbing in Kentucky, and Steph striking out on her own, his influence was kept to a minimum. Taker and Bradshaw were left to fight off the attacks of WCW and ECW. The Kingdom was seemingly destroyed.

The InVasion, however, was short-lived and as soon as it was over, HHH's return was announced. Perhaps power also would return to the Kings?

It did.

And it was in the form of it's founding member...

*shot of Ric Flair coming down to ringside and announcing his co-ownership of the WWF*

With Flair back, power in the WWF immediately shifted towards the Kings, who were now a Kingdom of 4. Not even Rock and Austin could stop them.

*shot of HHH winning the royal rumble*

Vince McMahons back was against the wall. He saw power in his company shifting over to Flair and he had to do something fast to remedy it.

*shot of Vince bringing back the NWO*

Hogan, Hall, and Nash were the biggest threats the group had ever faced. Hall and Nash had turned on Flair in WCW and alligned with Hogan and formed the NWO, and Hogan had been the original cause for Flair starting the 3 Kings. Them being alligned with McMahon meant the Kings were out-gunned. Though HHH won the title at WM 18, all eyes were on Hogan/Rock. Austin went on to face Hall. The only thing Taker and Flair could do to stay in the spotlight was to face each other.

*various shots of WM 18*

As things were looking their darkest, a light emerged on the Kingdom. Hall was fired from the WWF and the NWO soon became irrelevant. Hulkamania was still running wild though, and Hunter had to give up the title, knowing full-well that Taker would pick up the pieces.

*Shots of Backlash 02*

*HHH losing to Hogan, with Taker interfering*

*Taker going over Austin, with Flair as ref*

Another former member returned during this time.

*shot of Shawn Michaels returning*

The Kingdom was getting stronger by the month. Taker had lost the title at Vengeance, so HHH and Shawn decided to keep the spotlight on themselves in a 'heated blood feud'.

As all of this was going on, a wrestler by the name of Brock Lesnar was making an impact. The group knew this man could be a threat to their rise to power, so they tried to squash him... but not before he eliminated 2 of their enemies.

*shots of Brock beating Hogan and Rock*

*shots of Taker and HHH beating on Brock on a post-SS RAW*

By the fall of 2002, the group was back in power. The WWE had split the two shows, Smackdown and Raw, up where Taker dominated Smackdown in a feud against Lesnar, and HHH dominated Raw by holding its title. Taker failed in taking down Brock, and the group was getting spread thin on both shows. They needed a new member. By the end of the year, they approached Kurt Angle for the 6th position.

Impressed by Angles ability to endure, the group saw him as an asset. He agreed, on the condition that he be allowed to call up 2 guys from OVW to assist in him getting and keeping the gold. HHH's connections w. Steph allowed those two men to be called up and Kurt called them The Worlds Greatest Tag Team (or the best damned tag team period...) By RR03, the group controlled both top titles.

WM 19 had 3 of the 4 top matches belong to the group. HBK defeated Jericho, HHH defeated Booker, Lesnar defeated Angle. Austin had his last match and Rock was going to go back to Hollywood after putting over Goldberg. Taker also defeated Albert/Big Show.

Kevin Nash was brought in to feud with HHH, Goldberg was brought in to also try to bring down HHH; it was a last-ditch effort by a select few behind-the-scenes who knew what was coming. They failed. By Summerslam 03, the group held both belts again and were dominating the show. The rest of the year was more of the same, the only wrench in their plans was Brock Lesnar. If they could get rid of Lesnar, they'd have supreme control over the WWE.

At No Way Out 04, their savior came in the form of an unlikely mexican named Eddie Guerrero. Eddie took the title from Lesnar, and the group responded by setting Kurt Angle with a title shot at Wrestlemania. However, as long as Lesnar was there, he remained a threat. An opportunity presented itself when Lesnar approached Taker with a question- the question was regarding football. Taker told Lesnar to follow his heart, which was the answer that led to Lesnar giving his notice to the company. All was going according to plan, except for 2 wrestlers who refused to go along.

*Shot of Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero celebrating in-ring at WM 20 with the titles*

At WM 20, Benoit defeated HHH and Michaels and Guerrero defeated Angle. Taker returned and defeated Kane.

HHH wanted to personally deal with Benoit, while Guerrero was chosen to be dealt with differently.

For years Bradshaw stayed behind the scenes and waited his turn. After WM 20 his turn came as the group elevated him to main event status. John Bradshaw Layfield ended up defeating Eddie Guerrero at the Great American Bash, while The Undertaker main evented against The Dudley Boyz. Power, at least on Smackdown, was returned -and kept- for the rest of 04.

*Shots of Bradshaw vs. Taker*

On Raw, things got difficult. Both HHH and Michaels could not take the title away from Benoit.

*shots of every HHH/Benoit, HHH/Michaels match during Benoits title reign*.

So they decided to sabotage his reign by feuding with each other again and upstaging him.

*Shots of HIAC at Bad Blood*

During this time a great threat presented itself.

*Shots of Eugene*

Eugene was becoming very popular, very fast and his growth had to be curved. HHH saw to that personally.

*Shots of HHH vs. Eugene feud, with HHH beating Eugene at Summerslam*

In his place, HHH chose Randy Orton to get rid of Benoit. HHH knew that if Randy won, he could easily get the title from him.

*Shot of HHH beating Orton at Unforgiven*

At the end of 2004, HHH was World Champion and JBL was WWE champion. The group dominated television time, they dominated the WWE, and no one could stop them. Rock was gone. Austin was too hurt. Hogan wrestled infrequently. They had the power, they had control, they had the titles.

Until...

*Shot of Wrestlemania 21*

*Shot of Batista beating HHH*

*Shot of Cena beating JBL*

And here we stand today.

HHH, Flair, Michaels on RAW.

Angle, Taker, and JBL on Smackdown.

*Summerslam 2005*

*Post PPV Raw*

That's a little ambitious there,

Although I must admit I always liked storylines that somehow involved the whole promotion in some way (nWo, Austin/McMahon, McMahon/Helmsley regime)

Which one of these men does not belong?

BRADSHAW!

Honestly. Other than trying to justify his almost year long title reign theres like no reason for him to be in the group. The "he stayed around for 5 years waiting to do something and then finally did" doesn't exactly work either.

I'd have Bradshaw as a replacement for Nash. Nash would have been in the group at some point, even after going to WCW, and when he came back to the WWE. Circa 2003 he tears his quad and the group decides its time to pick someone else and they choose..Bradshaw. Bradshaw stirs around for over 1/2 year before dumping Ron Simmons and becoming JBL.

That makes more sense to me.

A Bradshaw/Taker relationship already exists backstage, and has existed for quite some time. There are elements that are shootish in this storyline and that is one of them. I thought the "like any good investment" part kinda summed it up, with him playing a lesser role in front of the camera. There usually always is one unlikely guy in the trio - with Taker/Flair/Hart, it was Hart. With Hart/Taker/Michaels, it was Michaels. Taker/HHH/Michaels it was Taker, so Taker had to change that and brought in Bradshaw.

And yes, it was mainly because of Bradshaws push last year. That had to be explained, somehow. Plus, Bradshaw is such a good character for this sorta thing.

Edited by RavishingRickRudo

Guest Rrrsh

My only complaint is that you implied that Taker meant to injure HBK's back in RR 98. If thats so, HBK would have said fuck it and would start his own thing. He wouldnt still be part of it. Plus Stephanie is bad. Too much Kayfabe contradictions. Shane is better.

Edited by Rrrsh

I like the idea but I don't like Stephanie coming in and I think you could have explained Angle's involvment with the group a lot better. Other than those things, it's perfect. Great read.

Guest Rrrsh

It would end up with the held down guys join Cena and Batitsa and all hell breaking loose. Held down guys would be Jericho and Benoit. Shelton would join, but turn. Guys like Edge and Christian play the middle. I think the whole fed should just split off into where yoru beilefs lie. But, only the KO6 are a "group"

WAY too in-depth to keep most fans attention. Also It just seems far too unbelievable to be true, I mean you expect people to keep up with every little tidbit of the story and actually believe that these guys just coincidentally "recruited" all the people who became champions. It just seems far-fetched.

And if this had been going on for 15-years now why would they be meeting in some room backstage in fucking masks? That just hurts it from the beginning because if it was such a well thought out plan they wouldn't have meetings anywhere near the arena.

Also, I don't know if you are finished with it or not, but I don't see where you could possibly take an angle like this..How do you explain HHH and Flair grooming Batista to turn him into an unstoppable monster, but not letting him in their group? and if it goes on with these guys controlling the company then it's going to turn fans away. Considering that they are all together in the limelight now with Stephanie as the CEO on their side, how could they possibly lose? And if the WWE Guys do "rise up" to defeat them, what happens to the Kingdom of 6? There would be virtually nothing to do except remove them for the company. It's not like they can just come back and say "Ok, sorry about the last 15 years".

I'm interested to see where it goes but I can't see it ending well.

Edited by Loaded Glove

Guest Stunt Granny

Why would they turn on Batista? HHH and Flair pretty much goomed him into a superstar themselves.

Guest Rrrsh

They turned on him when he refused to go to SD to stop John Cena.

Next

Let me say that I love the idea, but I too am interested to see where it goes. I would like to see possibly rock to come back into the major face team, which would include Cena, Batista, E & C, etc. and make it a transition into Shane supporting these guys, changing the whole WWE landscape from Vince vs. someone to Shane vs. Steph. Good way to get Vince off of TV, and to give a rub to Cena and Tista, as well as perhaps Shelton on the heel side.

The backstory is pretty damn creative. I really like the stuff from Flair's arrival to about 99 or so--the whole power struggle thing with Hart and Michaels with Taker caught in the middle is cool, and I think the explanation of Bradshaw's entrance into the group works nicely. My main criticism here is that I think you try to go a little too into detail on the on how the group has operated over the years; it's cool that you made an effort to tie everything up, but some things--stuff like HHH and Taker being stuck facing one another on the undercard of WM17--are unnecessary for you to point out, IMO. Also, I'd like this a little more if the group took a bit more of an aggressive role in their seizing of power. For example, you say they got lucky when Austin got run down at SurSer 99--why not make them responsible for it (which makes sense, since HHH eventually admitted to being behind it anyway)? Also, rather than having them get lucky with Rock and Brock being interested in non-wrestling things (which is a little corny, IMO), why not have them take a more active role in forcing them out?

This is good, though. Really entertaining read.

Very good stuff and a very entertaining read.

But way too shoot orientated to work in reality. At least without blowing any sense of kayfabe left out of the water. EDIT: And besides that, you'd suffer from a certain amount of Russo syndrome. You do explain things in a kayfabe style, but there's still elements that'll go over everyone's heads, except for those who already know the inside workings.

You're basically telling people that everything they paid to see in the last few years had been organised between certain wrestlers, who at certain times had schemed with certain other people to monopolise the business. People wouldn't react well to that. And nobody would ever buy anybody as a face again, because as soon as someone did a good act, the instant thought would be 'why are they doing this really?', 'what organisation are they doing this for' and of course 'how are they trying to swerve us?'

Still, entertaining stuff.

Edited by King Cucaracha

You're basically telling people that everything they paid to see in the last few years had been organised between certain wrestlers, who at certain times had schemed with certain other people to monopolise the business. People wouldn't react well to that. And nobody would ever buy anybody as a face again, because as soon as someone did a good act, the instant thought would be 'why are they doing this really?', 'what organisation are they doing this for' and of course 'how are they trying to swerve us?'

Still, entertaining stuff.

so basically the same thing that makes 24 one of the most successful dramas on TV.

Good stuff, RRR. A bit complicated and far-fetched but that's now always a bad thing. Miles better than the usual predictable and boring storylines the WWE spews out.

Terrific read!

However, I have a couple of minor suggestions that I thought of while reading it.

The point was already made about Austin getting hit by the car. Just point out that HHH was the one behind it all along.

Also, Judgement Day 2000 had HBK as the special ref, and he and Taker "inadvertantly" helped Triple H win the title back that night. That could be explained as well. The first Smackdown had HBK superkicking Rock to keep the title on Trips, which could also be explained.

HBK could have realized that he might be able to make a comeback, and rather than go up against this powerful group, he would play ball and not try to get too big like last time. He sees the rewards of being with the group and decides it is the best route to go.

Angle definitely should be in the group before he was. Triple H could have been grooming him for a top spot by working with him in the love triangle, and then Angle started winning titles shortly after it, while working major programs with Taker, HHH, and more recently, JBL and HBK.

Just a few things that could be further explained. Awesome job on this, though!

Guest Gary Busey

I've always thought that wrestling should underlay angles with interesting outside influences. This working of the illumanti into the wrestling landscape is really cool.

It's perfect. A large, far reaching epic angle that involves everybody. It totally changes the wrestler's dynamics. The sheer number of shifting alliances would make match making a dream for fans.