TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JRE

The newest rumored return for WMXX

Guest JRE

Why, it's Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat- according to Wrestlezone, I'm not sure who they stole it from.

A possible final match with Ric Flair...maybe a retirement match for both? Who knows...who knows...interesting

I thought Steamboat was to injured to wrestle...

And what the fuck is up with all of these old guy matches at WMXX? Shouldn't they be having matches involving the new stars?

Guest BionicRedneck

Steamboat? Bret?

C'mon people, there is as much chance of Road Warrior Hawk working a match as there is Bret Hart.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Steamboat? Bret?

C'mon people, there is as much chance of Road Warrior Hawk working a match as there is Bret Hart.

I dunno man, I'd say the odds are really stacked against Hawk.

With talk of all these "old" timers coming back they might as well have 2 different WrestleManias. On Saturday they can have a Legends WM with matches with Macho, Hogan, Steamboat, etc and then have the actual WM20 on Sunday with the current wrestlers.

Guest Waldo

uh, right

Bret shouldn't wrestle, but he could.

Medicate him heavily enough and he'll kick some ass.

I know at Wrestlemania 20, there better be 5 hours of pure technical wrestling, full of young guys who can wrestle. These legends should die in order to let the new generation to take over. The new generation will be full of wrestlers who can have decent matches as opposed to hosses of the past. I do not want to pay for Hogan, Savage, or Sarge to appear at Wrestlemania because at Wrestlemania it will be Chris Benoit time to rise to the top. He will win the title in order the brush off the years he's been held down. Triple H will beaten again.

Please, no more legends at Wrestlemania 20.

Guest BionicRedneck

Heavily medicated or not, Bret can't take bumps. His condition isn't like a bad back or some shit, you know.

Legends will make the show memorable. And no, Slaughter is not a legend.

Gimme Savage, Steamboat, and Hart. Old School Undertaker? C'mon, it'll be a great way to go out as a wrestling fan.

Heavily medicated or not, Bret can't take bumps. His condition isn't like a bad back or some shit, you know.

Yea, but sometimes people will try and work past that. I'm not saying Hart will, but more risky stuff has been done before.

Guest TheArchiteck

Hmmm, why not?

Its WM20..... it would make the night that much more special if some old faces showed up. Its not like they HAVE to wrestle.

Legends will kill this show. Let's just get talented wrestlers to wrestle 5 hours of ***** matches. It will be more memorable and more productive in the long run.

Kill the show? Get off your smark high horse. Everyone would love to see legends accept bitter ass Scott Keith drones. Get over yourselves. I'd rather see Bret Hart back in the WWE than Benoit wrestle a ***** to get his first World Title.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Legends will kill this show. Let's just get talented wrestlers to wrestle 5 hours of ***** matches. It will be more memorable and more productive in the long run.

Read the sig about WWE's logic.

And really, is there even 1% chance it will be 5 hours of 5-star matches? They are lucky to get a 4-star match these days. :cheers:

I know at Wrestlemania 20, there better be 5 hours of pure technical wrestling, full of young guys who can wrestle.

Can I mention right now the new trend on the board that bothers me?

The constant belief running around that mat-based technical wrestling is the best ever. It's like people keep repeating it thinking it will be true if they do.

I'm not sure who it was that said wrestling was like a circus where if you don't like one act maybe you'll like of the four other ones, but there's enough room for everybody. Personally, I mark out more for the high-flying spotfests that usually get torn apart by the guys who think they can judge talent. Some guys like garbage "hardcore" wrestling, some actually like the big guy power matches (although seemingly none more than Vince McMahon), etc.

And yes, there's good and bad in each. Nathan Jones is a crappy big man, but Undertaker has actually put on good matches (though not in recent times) using his big man offense. Rey Mysterio is a great high-flyer, Billy Kidman not so much. Mick Foley could do hardcore, so could Terry Funk, much better than Bradshaw for sure.

I hope I don't wind up outcasted like those guys who complained about Angle and Benoit being overrated, but I'm tired of the elevated opinion technical wrestling gets above all else around here. That's just simply your opinion.

I'm not sure who it was that said wrestling was like a circus where if you don't like one act maybe you'll like of the four other ones, but there's enough room for everybody. Personally, I mark out more for the high-flying spotfests that usually get torn apart by the guys who think they can judge talent. Some guys like garbage "hardcore" wrestling, some actually like the big guy power matches (although seemingly none more than Vince McMahon), etc.

And yes, there's good and bad in each. Nathan Jones is a crappy big man, but Undertaker has actually put on good matches (though not in recent times) using his big man offense. Rey Mysterio is a great high-flyer, Billy Kidman not so much. Mick Foley could do hardcore, so could Terry Funk, much better than Bradshaw for sure.

I hope I don't wind up outcasted like those guys who complained about Angle and Benoit being overrated, but I'm tired of the elevated opinion technical wrestling gets above all else around here. That's just simply your opinion.

Mick Foley used the circus analogy and unfortunalty some people need to wake up and watch good wrestling. Good wrestling usually consists of Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, and Kurt Angle. Everyone else can't hold a candle to them. Everyone should get adjusted to techinical wrestling because:

1. Techincal wrestling will cause less injuries because it's less risky.

2. Techinical wrestling will make people believe that wrestling is real again.

Technical wrestling is future.

I can see right now that no ones gonna be happy with WM XX. It will end up filled with old wrestlers making a comeback taking spots away from people who are popular on this board. There rest of the show will be filled with crappy matches with those who are on the current roster. And lets not forget that it will be filled to brim with McMahons. All 4 of em will probably have matches.

I want to see Flair/Steamboat one more time. Steamboat CAN wrestle again, he's said that he's up for it over and over again. He has said that he ONLY wants to come back to wrestle Flair, in a final match.

Flair can still go, and I'm sure Steamboat has enough in his tank. It wouldn't be their best match, but it sure as hell would be a WrestleMania moment to remember forever.

Guest wildpegasus
How is the crippler considered a young guy still? He is what 4 years older than HHH. Is he 38 or 39. Unfortunatly the WWE missed their best chance to push him.

Benoit is 36.

Mick Foley used the circus analogy and unfortunalty some people need to wake up and watch good wrestling.

"Good" is a subjective quality.

Good wrestling usually consists of Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, and Kurt Angle.

I can't think of anyone who would say these guys are bad, but they're not the reason everyone watches, and it will continue to be that way.

Everyone should get adjusted to techinical wrestling because:

So basically you're going to ignore everything I wrote and say your opinion is justified and move on. Not elitist. At all.

2. Techinical wrestling will make people believe that wrestling is real again.

Technical wrestling is future.

If the future consists of a kayfabe revival, then the future is going to consist of mighty stupid people. This kind of genie doesn't go back in the bottle again.

Guest Besus

Flair can still go? OMG People still think Flair is good.

Flair sucks.

Mic and In Ring,Yeah I said it.

Guest Ray

Um...guys...wrestling need not be "technical" to be good.

Conversely, a match could be "technical" as hell, and suck.

Flair can still go? OMG People still think Flair is good.

Flair sucks.

Mic and In Ring,Yeah I said it.

You're wrong.

Guest Choken One

If Steamer wants another match, Do it at An Special House Show in Charlotte then...