TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scotsman

Seaman..

Guest Scotsman

Fuck this game is good.  I've only started playing it and am still on Day 1, but christ the voice recognition stuff is great....the thing looks like it can stand my Scottish accent.  My room-mates girlfriend came upstairs while I was talking to my Gillmen things and laughed at what an idiot I am.  Sigh.

Guest jimmy no nose

I loved that game a while back.  Too bad it doesn't change each time you play through, if it did that would have been one of my favorites for a long time.  There's a new Seaman game out for the Playstation 2 over in Japan where apparently the Seaman evolves into a lizard.  Hopefully that'll make its way over to NA soon.  If you're still on the first day and you like it, it will only get better.

Guest Beer Knurd

It might be that I don't remember because I've slept since then but...

Didn't Seaman evolve into a lizard on the DC?

Guest EI Cubano

Scots! Glad to see you got yourself a copy, it really is a pretty breakthrough game. I will admit to not being a video game afficianado but I can tell a great concept when I see it. My roomate literally spent hours talking to his Seaman and would come home and say hi to it before us. Some of the funnier lines I have heard out of the Seamen are (in reponse to "you suck") "so does your mother". He asked me when my birthday was and I said March and he was like "March is a windy month, I hope you get lots of sweaters". funny stuff. I am looking forward to seeing the sequel as I am sure this is only the tip of the iceberg in termsof interactive games with voice recognition.

Guest Scotsman

Yeah the minute you mentioned it to me Jay I went out and picked it up....I'm down to 2 of them now but they're not talking as well as they should be.  I dont think I've been paying too much attention to them since I got the dog.  Oh well screw the little bastards.  They're assholes anyway.  I asked if they speak English and they did a big tirade against me and then America about why "everyone must always speak English", plus they did that What? crap too.

Guest jimmy no nose

They always cut down to 2 by the 3rd or 4th day because they kill eachother until there are only two left.  If you don't feel like checking on them every day, then make sure you use a real VMU and change the date or time to make it think you are visiting regularly.  That was my strategy to keep them alive.