TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest El Satanico

Tom Arnold Soul-Ed on 'Plane' Comedy

Guest El Satanico

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Tom Arnold (news) is in final negotiations to star in "Soul Plane," an MGM project described as an urban version of the classic 1980 comedy "Airplane!"

He would play Mr. Hunkee, the patriarch of a family mistakenly rerouted from another airline and put on the urban airline's maiden flight only to find they are the only white people on board.

Additionally, Kevin Hart is set to join the cast as Dakwon, a young man who parlays a $600 million lawsuit into his own urban airline. With a history of failed enterprises, the success of the airline and winning back his ex-girlfriend, Giselle, depend on the success of the maiden flight.

Last week, Snoop Dogg signed on to play the plane's pilot and Method Man came on board to play Dakwon's best friend.

Production begins late next month. Jessy Terrero directs.

Arnold hosts Fox Sports Networks' "The Best Damn Sports Show Period." He most recently starred in Warner Bros. Pictures' "Cradle 2 the Grave" and published his autobiography "How I Lost 5 lbs in 6 Years."

Hart recently starred in his own pilot for ABC, "The Big House," which is a contender for midseason. He is in production on "Scary Movie 3."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

-------------------------------------

Tom Arnold, Snoop Dogg and Method Man...This movie has the makings of a classic.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

A classic pile of crap. I just don't think they'll be able to capture the magical insanity of the original and where all the blaxploitation legends? If Rudy Ray Moore as the Human Tornado saves the plane from disaster then I would declare it one of the greatest things ever created by man.

Guest El Satanico

The blaxploitation stars aren't big names like Tom Arnold so the media wouldn't mention them.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

You just called Tom Arnold a big name star. I will pray for you soul and sanity.

And the media was all over Richard Roundtree being in the new Shaft move, but then again he was the original Shaft, so there's history there. I just think they better pay homage to blaxsploitation or the movie will miss a very big mine for comedy and viewership.

Guest El Satanico

heh...

While my sanity could be an issue, I called Tom Arnold a big star with my tongue firmly in my cheek.

My interest in this movie hinges on blaxploitation stars making at least cameos.